Flag_Argentina-ar.png
Argentina
1-3 Portugal
flag-portugal.gif

Brazil Independence Cup
Maracana Stadium - September 1972

Last edited:
Portugal 2-1 Argentina - Ronaldo, Meireles / Cambiasso

Good exciting game, but full of tactics and mind games.

Based on the line-ups, Portugal are going to get destroyed..

Argentina 4 - 0 Portugal

Argentina 4 - 0 Portugal

Bet that's what you said when we played Spain's World Cup winning side..

But we beat them 4-0...

Bet that's what you said when we played Spain's World Cup winning side..

But we beat them 4-0...

Surprisingly it wasn't, didn't even know Spain played Portugal..

Argetina is group of 11 excelent players, but not a top class team (now of course), if Portugal plays the same way we played with Spain, we're not the ones getting destroyed.

history should have tought many people better, we should NEVER, be underestimated, NEVER, those who do that always end up getting nasty surprises.

I read earlier that Milito picked up a hamstring injury? I think I did anyway. Both teams look strong on paper, will be an interesting game.

Portugal still lack a great centre forward though. Get Quaresma back in on the wing and play Ronaldo upfront :)

Argentina 4 - 0 Portugal

Based on lineups ? pffffff, explain that please

1st of all ,When Portugal played agaisnt Spain , if it were "Based on Lineups" , Portugal had lost like 5-0 , cuz playing for spain were very well known names , twice as Portugal ..

2nd , remember that Argentina lost 4-1 to germany in WC? LOL , and based on lineups , the result should be 4-1 to Argentina..

So dont predict games , based on the names of the players k m8 ?

1st of all ,When Portugal played agaisnt Spain , if it were "Based on Lineups" , Portugal had lost like 5-0 , cuz playing for spain were very well known names , twice as Portugal ..

2nd , remember that Argentina lost 4-1 to germany in WC? LOL , and based on lineups , the result should be 4-1 to Argentina..

What's your problem? Just saying that even without Tevez and Aguero, Argentina still have one of the best teams in the world..

I'll predict games on whatever I want, k m8 ?

Why can't he predict a game based on who is playing? That is one of the biggest factors to consider, and his opinion isn't against the rules.

Calm yourself.

Argetina is group of 11 excelent players, but not a top class team (now of course), if Portugal plays the same way we played with Spain, we're not the ones getting destroyed.

history should have tought many people better, we should NEVER, be underestimated, NEVER, those who do that always end up getting nasty surprises.

this summed it up pretty darn good.

I expect a Portuguese win, 1-0, 2-1. IF Paulo Bento gets CR7 to play like he did against Spain, he actually made him unselfish. Our midfield is good, all the players are performing for their respective teams. I disagree with the choice of Rolando, he is overrated and shouldn't even play for Porto, but meh, none of the other choices are really good either. Bruno Alves is a tank and surely will deliver it. Hugo Almeida is not a good example of a striker, so i think we should use the Nani-Quaresma-Ronaldo trio, creative, fast and deadly. Eduardo is a pretty decent keeper too. Fairly good Defense + good Midfield + good strikers = fairly good team. With Carvalho and Quaresma in the line up we would be an excellent team.

Argentina's line up in the OP is wrong it will be like this:

Romero
Zanetti-Milito-Burdisso-Rojo/Zabaleta
Banega-Mascherano-Cambiasso
Lavezzi-Messi-Di Maria

I just hope that Eduardo doesn't screw up, because the way is been playing, dear me ! Portugal FTW :)

And I thought the English were biased..

Portugal 2-3 Argentina.

Argentina's line up in the OP is wrong it will be like this:

Romero
Zanetti-Milito-Burdisso-Rojo/Zabaleta
Banega-Mascherano-Cambiasso
Lavezzi-Messi-Di Maria

Argentina have far too many attacking players haha. No Tevez no Aguero?

I'm waiting to see Nani and Ronaldo in action for Portugal. With the form they are in, it would be very hard for any fullbacks to contain them, and Nani has always delivered for Portugal. I have a feeling that Nani will grab the headlines as it is always Ronaldo Vs Messi that hypes the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.