Just started using this tactic with Man City. My first 2 results were 3-6 and 6-4 victories. After the tactic becomes fluid, will we concede less goals? I'm very happy with scoring 6 but I can't keep conceding goals like that. But as I said, it's not at all fluid yet and seems like a great tactic! :)

EDIT: I've just lost my forth friendly 6-5! Hopefully will start to get some clean sheets soon. Entertaining games though I suppose :p

Yes, please try it at least for half a season, until the tactic becomes fluid. It really makes a big difference, even with other tactics. I've had great success with this tactic even with much lesser teams. You will definitely concede less after the team learns the tactics. My tactic uses a high defensive line, which takes some getting used to. But once it's clicking, your attack will be unstoppable.

Yes, please try it at least for half a season, until the tactic becomes fluid. It really makes a big difference, even with other tactics. I've had great success with this tactic even with much lesser teams. You will definitely concede less after the team learns the tactics. My tactic uses a high defensive line, which takes some getting used to. But once it's clicking, your attack will be unstoppable.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll carry on with the tactic and give it time to fluidise (if that's even a word..). Just drew my first game at Norwich 3-3, at least my team seems to be free-scoring!

Just started using this tactic with Man City. My first 2 results were 3-6 and 6-4 victories. After the tactic becomes fluid, will we concede less goals? I'm very happy with scoring 6 but I can't keep conceding goals like that. But as I said, it's not at all fluid yet and seems like a great tactic! :)

EDIT: I've just lost my forth friendly 6-5! Hopefully will start to get some clean sheets soon. Entertaining games though I suppose :p

One thing I do to really speed up making the tactic fluid is to set match training to 100% (slide the slider all the way to the left), and then set the match training focus to "tactics only". This seems to speed it up by a lot. But after your team is fluid, you need to adjust this to make sure the players are doing general training. After the adjustment, I usually set match training to 20% and set it for attacking movement.

Last edited:
Strange. This tactic is beginning to suck for me. Losing all the games, no possession at all. Was doing really well the start of the season and even went 15 games unbeaten. Oh well.

Thanks for the comment. Do you mind sharing how you tweaked it?

I just changed the mentality to "counter attack" and removed the "shoot more often" from the Poacher instruction.

Only when I face weaker team, I still use "attack" mentality.

Besides, I add my setting of DEFENSIVE corner. Attack corner is default. It helps to minimize the conceded goals from corners.

So far so good. In my Huddersfield save, I started to put Ruben Rochina (bought from Blackburn in winter window) in Poacher position, he grabbed 17 goals and 3 assists in 13 games!