rogatsby

Reaction score
NEW 4-2-3-1 & 4-3-3 V3 - UPDATED CORNER TACTICS

DOWNLOAD: DARKO 4-2-3-1 & 4-3-3 V3

USE THE 4-3-3 AGAINST TOP, TOP SIDES AWAY

NOTE: THE 4-2-2-2 IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED

******************************************************************************************
I have just started experimenting with FM14, so I decided to start out with a relatively strong squad for now (Chelsea). I have created a new tactic that has worked well for me. It is an attacking, fluid tactic, which generates a lot of shots and chances per game. It is also heavily possession based with a high defensive line, relying on short passes to work the ball into the box. The strikers run into channels, and the wide attackers are inside forwards who pass to the strikers but also dribble inside to shoot. Having creative, quick attacking midfielders like Hazard, Oscar, and Mata is highly recommended, as well as a striker who can play the false nine position. It also helps to have center defenders who are good in the air, as they scored a fair amount of goals for me. Wing backs should be fast so they can track back to defend.

I won the league and the CL in my first season, although I did have some bad results early in the season before my team was used to the tactics.

I have my assistant handle individual player training focus, and have the team training set to attacking movement. In the beginning of the season, it also helps to set team cohesion to high. Player roles and instructions are built into the tactic.

Please try it out and let me know how it works for you.

NOTE: I AM IN MY SECOND SEASON NOW, AND THE SCREENSHOTS OF THE TEAM SHOW MY CURRENT SQUAD. I DID NOT HAVE FALCAO, FABREGAS, AND WITSEL IN MY FIRST SEASON. MY STRIKERS IN MY FIRST SEASON WERE TORRES AND ETO'O FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.

There are 2 versions of the tactic. 4-2-3-1 which I use for home games, and 4-3-3, which I use away and against the toughest teams.

Screenshots below.

View attachment 460851View attachment 460850View attachment 460849View attachment 460848View attachment 460847View attachment 460846View attachment 460845

Last edited:
Just to experiment, I have started a new game with Southampton, using these tactics. With different teams, you may need to adjust the roles for certain players. But overall, the tactics are working great for me even with Southampton. I got a comprehensive win against Man City. I also made a few transfers to strengthen the team, of course. You can see the transfers I made in the screenshot.

It's still very early in the season, but I am optimistic about these tactics.

Please see screenshots below.

View attachment 460450View attachment 460449View attachment 460447

I started using this tactic mid sept. Played 4 matches - all wins. Three cleansheets, scoring 15 and conseeded only 1.

I've used the 4-2-3-1 home and away, with defensive pos as match preb. No OI's

I have tweaked the IF settings a little, nothing else.

This is what the tactic can do for you..

View attachment 460392View attachment 460390

Nice job making the tactic :D

could you put a screen shot of you tactics and team tactics up please ? also did you do any player tactics ?

could you put a screen shot of you tactics and team tactics up please ? also did you do any player tactics ?

Screenshots are up already. And yes, I have player tactics set up. If you load the tactic in your game, you can see everything.

for some reason i cant download your tactic and im not sure what i am doing wrong ?

This tactic is really great... Just beat Man C 5-2 in Machester..

I'm have my ***. manager take care of OI's - but only when I play away from Emirates. No OI's at home..

Sorry for my english - I'm Danish.

All credit goes to the creator af this superb tatic ;)

This tactic is really great... Just beat Man C 5-2 in Machester..

I'm have my ***. manager take care of OI's - but only when I play away from Emirates. No OI's at home..

Sorry for my english - I'm Danish.

All credit goes to the creator af this superb tatic ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I am currently testing this tactic again with Southampton, and I am currently sitting in 4th place in January. I will post updates at the end of the season. One thing I noticed is that when playing with a weaker team against stronger opposition, it sometimes helps to switch to counter instead of attack.

do you think this tac will be suitable for a team like liverpool?

Haha. When I posted this, I just got Falcao. He was unhappy because of my team talk in one match.

Reason i ask,is because i signed him for Chelsea too once and after 3 games he got angry and didnt report to training and i could do nothing to make it better...lol

Hey rogatsby- great tactics! Using them with Chelsea at the moment (mostly the 4-1-3-2 tbh) and having a lot of success. Highlights include a 6-0 win over Liverpool and a 4-0 win over Dortmund.

I've been trying out a lot of user-created tactics as I find I'm learning more by dissecting and tweaking those than I am by starting with a blank sheet of paper, as it were.

With that in mind, I had a couple of questions (for you, or anyone else who has any thoughts).

Firstly, your WB's work really well with this tactic. Generally speaking, FB/WBs aren't working at the moment- did you have problems getting them right, and if so, how did you solve those problems?

Secondly, what made you choose the EG for the AM(C) position? My instinctual thoughts would have been to go for either a T in there or a SS, so that he and the F9 wouldn't end up occupying the same space and get in each other's way. In practice though, with your tactic, it seems to work fine- in fact Mata performs superbly in that role. Did you try any other roles?

I'm very tempted to do some tinkering at the beginning of the second season- I've found that the 4-2-2-2 doesn't retain possession as well as the 4-2-3-1, so I wondered whether I could create an alternative 4-2-3-1 as the more attacking formation instead of the 4-2-2-2 (I've already created a more defensive version simply by dropping the BBM to the DM(C) position and changing him to a BWM. I thought possibilities for a more offensive 4-2-3-1 might include a T or SS instead of the EG, CWB's instead of WB's, and 2 BBM's in the M(C) roles.

What do you think? Your thoughts would be very much appreciated! :)

just wondering why when ive downloaded it the 4-2-3-1 has the striker as a false9 but on screenshot its a poacher? did you change it for a reason or was it to suit the striker you had?

i started a tottenham save with the 4-2-3-1 but im conceding lots of goals why is this happening? the tactic is fluid and i am scoring but like i say im conceding more then scoring, in the last 7 games ive conceded 25 goals that just seems way too high

just wondering why when ive downloaded it the 4-2-3-1 has the striker as a false9 but on screenshot its a poacher? did you change it for a reason or was it to suit the striker you had?

Yes, the change was made to accommodate Falcao after I bought him in the second season. In my first season, I had Eto'o and Torres playing as a false nine, and Torres had an amazing season.

i started a tottenham save with the 4-2-3-1 but im conceding lots of goals why is this happening? the tactic is fluid and i am scoring but like i say im conceding more then scoring, in the last 7 games ive conceded 25 goals that just seems way too high

Don't know why really. I did not concede many goals with Chelsea. With these tactics, you will concede some early in the season, until the team gets used to the tactics. Having quality center backs is really important. You need backs with good anticipation and positioning skills.

Hey rogatsby- great tactics! Using them with Chelsea at the moment (mostly the 4-1-3-2 tbh) and having a lot of success. Highlights include a 6-0 win over Liverpool and a 4-0 win over Dortmund.

I've been trying out a lot of user-created tactics as I find I'm learning more by dissecting and tweaking those than I am by starting with a blank sheet of paper, as it were.

With that in mind, I had a couple of questions (for you, or anyone else who has any thoughts).

Firstly, your WB's work really well with this tactic. Generally speaking, FB/WBs aren't working at the moment- did you have problems getting them right, and if so, how did you solve those problems?

Secondly, what made you choose the EG for the AM(C) position? My instinctual thoughts would have been to go for either a T in there or a SS, so that he and the F9 wouldn't end up occupying the same space and get in each other's way. In practice though, with your tactic, it seems to work fine- in fact Mata performs superbly in that role. Did you try any other roles?

I'm very tempted to do some tinkering at the beginning of the second season- I've found that the 4-2-2-2 doesn't retain possession as well as the 4-2-3-1, so I wondered whether I could create an alternative 4-2-3-1 as the more attacking formation instead of the 4-2-2-2 (I've already created a more defensive version simply by dropping the BBM to the DM(C) position and changing him to a BWM. I thought possibilities for a more offensive 4-2-3-1 might include a T or SS instead of the EG, CWB's instead of WB's, and 2 BBM's in the M(C) roles.

What do you think? Your thoughts would be very much appreciated! :)

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, the WB roles are a great challenge in FM14. I just went through some trial and error and came up with a nice solution to have WB's that are good in both attack and defense. I think the strength of my tactics is that the fullbacks really perform well.

As for the AMC role, I found that setting him as the SS exposed some defensive weaknesses. The EG role seemed to be better at having the AMC play killer through balls as well as support in defense when the team did not have the ball.

For a more defensive version, I would not recommend changing the shape or formation. What I did at times was simply change the 4-2-3-1 to a "counter" setting instead of attacking. But to be honest, I almost never did this. In tough games, my aim was to simply score more.