Possession Break is unbeatable?! please enter and try help!

I've also converted FMTN Possession Break formation & tactic back from classic format!, I've just copied it exactly. I'm going give it a go using it with touchline shouts to see if I get any better results?, because I found I lacked the killer instinct to killer off the opposition during matches!. Maybe using touchline shouts I can change tactics during the game to killer off teams?.
how is it going dude?

I deleted save game as Runcorn Linnets, lost 90% of first team squad on free transfers by end of June 2013 because they were on amateur contacts!. The chairman did turn the club to semi-professional club, but funds are low, couldn't change first team players from amateur to semi-pro contacts, asking to much for wages!, so lost most of them. Carry on until August couldn't attract any decent players to club because of wage demands to replace what I had lost, so gave up!. Going to start a new save, not sure who to be yet?.

take a mid-table team and try.
maybe bilbao or malaga levante sevillia.

Well in fm13 getting the right tactics is hard. I mean I have been trying to crack the perfect tactic with possession and goals.. now in my tactic i get about 20-30 shots per game and 10-15 on target and my possession stays in between 60-70% per game, now because of this the players are just focusing on playing the ball around and not really as much of scoring if that makes sense. So in fm13 possession tactics will make you score less which is common sense really, just playing the ball round wont get you alot of goals. So using possession tactics in fm13 wont get you anywhere really unless your a really good team like Barcelona, Manchester City etc etc

This is just like in real life. If you tell your players to keep possesion no matter what happens they will play the ball around safely and the two center defender will get the ball most of the time and have to most passes. That is why you tell the players to keep possession and to play the ball to the front where your playmaker is the player that gives killer passes or sometimes to cross the ball to the winger. With other words you tell them to put a bit risk in the game when they see an opportunity. This is always difficult in real life and you need good players to do this. Ajax is doing it great against teams like Twente, Groningen, Heerenveen and even against Manchester City (when they where not at their best) but they have a hard time against Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund (both losses with 1-4)

take a mid-table team and try.
maybe bilbao or malaga levante sevillia.
I'm going to be AFC Ajax for now until get bored of it?. I will try out normal version of FMTN Possession Break that I've converted from the original classic version with shouts!.

I'm going to be AFC Ajax for now until get bored of it?. I will try out normal version of FMTN Possession Break that I've converted from the original classic version with shouts!.

Would love to see some results in screen shot mode, if possible :D

Would love to see some results in screen shot mode, if possible :D
I've deleted my screenshots from my Runcorn Linnets save! and game as well, I will try again with AFC Ajax, but I can't seem to up load them!, I must being doing something wrong?, JP Woody posted on my thread on wanting help on posting with screenshots, telling me how to do it but nothing working when I try it!. I've managed to post on FM Scout with screenshots!. I don't know what I'm doing wrong on FM Base!.

Last edited:
I've deleted my screenshots from my Runcorn Linnets save! and game as well, I will try again with AFC Ajax, but I can't seem to up load them!, I must being doing something wrong?, JP Woody posted on my thread on wanting help on posting with screenshots, telling me how to do it but nothing working when I try it!. I've managed to post on FM Scout with screenshots!. I don't know what I'm doing wrong on FM Base!.
i managed to get some good results with getting the mentality of all the players to the most attacking one in individual for every player but staying with the team mentality in multi defensive. but against much stronger teams I being ripped

IMO, we need to set team instructions to:

Style: Counter
Strategy: very fluid
Passing: short
Creative freedom: high
Closing down: maxed
Tacking: hard
Marking: zonal
Crossing: drill
roaming: default
Defensive line: highest possible
Width: narrow
tempo: quick
time wasting: rarely
focus passing: mixed
counter: yes
play offside: yes

This will require very special players like +15 pace on defenders, +15 1st touch on all team, aggressive (more than 13) players, anticipation more than 13 also, teamwork higher than 14, plus some more.

Using a 4-5-1 (4-3-3) with a defensive midfielder for triangulations is a must, 2 IFs in the wings and 2 CM on BBM or CM on support.
All defenders in defensive (even the FBs, but with the player instruction set to run from deep).
Finally, the striker should be a TM, pass to feet or to open space.

Now, is his possible?

IMO, we need to set team instructions to:

Style: Counter
Strategy: very fluid
Passing: short
Creative freedom: high
Closing down: maxed
Tacking: hard
Marking: zonal
Crossing: drill
roaming: default
Defensive line: highest possible
Width: narrow
tempo: quick
time wasting: rarely
focus passing: mixed
counter: yes
play offside: yes

This will require very special players like +15 pace on defenders, +15 1st touch on all team, aggressive (more than 13) players, anticipation more than 13 also, teamwork higher than 14, plus some more.

Using a 4-5-1 (4-3-3) with a defensive midfielder for triangulations is a must, 2 IFs in the wings and 2 CM on BBM or CM on support.
All defenders in defensive (even the FBs, but with the player instruction set to run from deep).
Finally, the striker should be a TM, pass to feet or to open space.

Now, is his possible?
try it..im not sure about the quick tempo..it working better with slow but give it a go and try it..post results.

try it..im not sure about the quick tempo..it working better with slow but give it a go and try it..post results.

The idea of quick is to counter the close marking and to use the counter often. Despite the possession you want, you want it to be near the opponent box and if you can get it there fast, better, no?

I will try this

Tactic made. Will use FMRTE to put it 100 % fluid and will test it on my save to see how the team behaves. will post some SS if success is achieved

Half time:

View attachment 301563

Didn't make more than this. After somes changes:

View attachment 301615

Now, the striker role needs to be changed also, because he does not get involved in the game. Will try the same role as the right striker in warfare is builted. Will update a game away, against wolves

Last edited:
nice results..but i can get even better results with a big team against a less strong club.
try it against bigger teams.
i used my tactic with bayern, barcelona, ajax and more good teams and against less strong teams it did worked very well..but nice results keep on going.
show us some ss of passes, average positions and etc

nice results..but i can get even better results with a big team against a less strong club.
try it against bigger teams.
i used my tactic with bayern, barcelona, ajax and more good teams and against less strong teams it did worked very well..but nice results keep on going.
show us some ss of passes, average positions and etc

I cannot show any toher results, since i'm following the season as it is fixtured. Will show in time. Game away:

View attachment 301621 View attachment 301622 View attachment 301623

I know it seems that i don't have many passes, i know, but still testing and the CCCs are coming, and i use take ball into attack, instsead of keeping it and i still have an average of 60 %

Changed the style to attack as i don't see as much domitation as i want.

The main purpose is not to have possession just because, but to have because to opponent can't have the ball too much times, so i think you will not see many passing from the same player, but will see the same player taking the ball into the box over and over again, giving a lot of possession but for shorter periods of time

Changed the style to attack as i don't see as much domitation as i want.

The main purpose is not to have possession just because, but to have because to opponent can't have the ball too much times, so i think you will not see many passing from the same player, but will see the same player taking the ball into the box over and over again, giving a lot of possession but for shorter periods of time
keep going bud.. ill be following your process interesting tactic..

keep going bud.. ill be following your process interesting tactic..

Will do. Do you have any suggestions? I'm also thinking in moving the AMR/L to MR/L. Will have to retrain Neymar to ML though...

I think the team will move as a unique block and defend better, as i see the AMs not closing down as they should. They have the attack option, but if i put support, they will not use the wing and will overpopulate the mid, which is all ready a problem. Too many in the mid makes the team to start taking long shoots.

As we want possessiona nd ball into the box, i think i will ahve to change the focus os passing by both flanks to open the opposition defense

Will do. Do you have any suggestions? I'm also thinking in moving the AMR/L to MR/L. Will have to retrain Neymar to ML though...

I think the team will move as a unique block and defend better, as i see the AMs not closing down as they should. They have the attack option, but if i put support, they will not use the wing and will overpopulate the mid, which is all ready a problem. Too many in the mid makes the team to start taking long shoots.

As we want possessiona nd ball into the box, i think i will ahve to change the focus os passing by both flanks to open the opposition defense
umm let me see your formation..im not suggesting to put so many players behind the half line..because you lose your pressing on their half..but try it maybe it will give you more possession..but you will lose some deterrence in the attacking phase

how is it going dude?
I'm just about delete my AFC Ajax save?. Only played six friendlies so far using the converted FMTN Possession Break, you might be right about that the using original classic version?. After my last friendly I've lost interest in the save?. Here are the friendlies - away to SC Wiener Neustadt won 2-0, away to FC Vaslui won 1-0, away to Wilhelmshaven won 2-0, I it was going well?, the next three were against better opposition, away to SC Bastia lost 3-0, away to Maccabi Tel-Aviv lost 2-0, and this is where I lost the interest, home to Atletico Madrid lost 8-0, 4-0 down at half time!.

Last edited: