And Montanaro, they drift inside more, supporting the midfield better :)

btw im playing with nottingham forest and i had like 6 first team players out injured, i tried this tactic against crystal palace, and i had 68% possession and 17 shots 9 on target, and they only had 3 shots, it finished 1-1 but considering the state of my team i would say that was a success.

good work and thanks alot

I have a 4-1-1-2-2 system, that's like this. The majority of players closing down the whole pitch, and the whole team short passing ect.

And it's in early stages, but it seems to work rather well.. I'm testing it with Arsenal and aiming for at least 3 trophies. If I do so I'm thinking of uploading it onto here.

Heres an example of pure, unadalterated quality.
Udinese got destroyed. This is the most Possession Ive had in one match before.

Last edited:
I've been trying to do this, with limited success! Good to see someone with more tactical ability than me manage it!

Looks ****** good if you ask me.

I may test it myself with a bigger team, see how good of possession I can get in league games. :p

Honestly, very meh. Most of your passes are from your centre backs, and they're mainly backwards.

Looks impressive to me, definitely as Danny said above, get a season done as quick as you can, post up your season results, player ratings, impressive results, bad results, any tweaks you made during the season.

if its a success, and people are impressed, upload it as a tactic in the tactic section, until at least a season, tactics as far as I and the tactical experts on here are unproven. Need some evidence to back up your approach.

I've had more than 70% just by setting passing to short, slowest tempo, and lots of time wasting. But it's not worthwhile unless it leads to goals and successes over a number of seasons.

I've had more than 70% just by setting passing to short, slowest tempo, and lots of time wasting. But it's not worthwhile unless it leads to goals and successes over a number of seasons.

I meant with this tactic, Ive had 80ish before but the game dragged on and was boring, I wanted possession and goals. 3 goals, 27 shots and 70% Possession was a pretty epic game tbh.

And Matty, Im working through a season now and I'll post intermitent screenshots to keep my thread interesting.

Was thinking about doing a workshop thread if anyone is interested?

Here's a little taster then.
As you seem sceptical.
This may only be a friendly, yet it speaks volumes.

Seems like a good tactic. Although your example against Barca is irrelevent as it is a friendly and Barca were down to ten men, which you failed to tell us...

Seems like a good tactic. Although your example against Barca is irrelevent as it is a friendly and Barca were down to ten men, which you failed to tell us...

Hardly Irrelevant if a player got sent off. Thats not my fault, Hamsik missed the penalty anyway. Cant call everygame where a player gets sent off Irrelevant, Barca's 10 men were still far superior to my Napoli team.

good tactic my friend very impressive :), im starting a save with atletico club de portugal and wondered if this tactic would work with them?

good tactic my friend very impressive :), im starting a save with atletico club de portugal and wondered if this tactic would work with them?

Not entirely sure, but it seems to be working for most people.

Your team needs reasonable aggression, determination, strength and passing.
So these are the areas to focus on

Not entirely sure, but it seems to be working for most people.

Your team needs reasonable aggression, determination, strength and passing.
So these are the areas to focus on

hmm thanks mate will look at squad and see where i can improve the beauty being of course as a portugues team i can get good lower league brazilians as tehy dont count as non eu i dont think in portugal

hmm thanks mate will look at squad and see where i can improve the beauty being of course as a portugues team i can get good lower league brazilians as tehy dont count as non eu i dont think in portugal

they won´t count but u will need to have at least 4 players formed at the club+ 4 players formed at the country.

look 4 these 2 players

Reynald Videira
Patrick Vaz