after a disapointing Lazio game scorewise (lost 2-0, still had 60+% of possession and dominated the game)

Played a Europa League game against the strong 11.3 Liverpool.

You reckon this will work with Tottenham? (Karim Benzema and Giuseppe Rossi up front)

looks good to me - I've been using tips from the Amateur Tactician's Chalkboard possession game article on my Marseille save.

I used to use the narrow diamond before the 4-5-1 recommended in that article, so I may just take some pointers from it and your tactic and see how I get on!

You reckon this will work with Tottenham? (Karim Benzema and Giuseppe Rossi up front)

Tottenham would be a perfect team to use, Ive tweaked mine slightly now. All the time wasting has been removed until about the 80th minute if im winning, Passes greatly improved.

Modric(assuming youve still got him) will want to be in the automatic role to get better results :)

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

looks good to me - I've been using tips from the Amateur Tactician's Chalkboard possession game article on my Marseille save.

I used to use the narrow diamond before the 4-5-1 recommended in that article, so I may just take some pointers from it and your tactic and see how I get on!

I used the Tacticians Chalkboard to help with this tactic. Dont focus on the passing, that just comes when you get it right.

Yea i've still got him, for some reason the news say that it will take a bid of 63 million to take him away haha.

I will give this a try then :)

Uuughh, Update on my team.

My first choice Keeper, De Scanctis is out for a month, gonna have to use the useless Iezzo.
Inter next, should be amusing...

Uuughh, Update on my team.

My first choice Keeper, De Scanctis is out for a month, gonna have to use the useless Iezzo.
Inter next, should be amusing...

Well.
Its Official, Iezzo is dreadful and definately not in my good books.
Went 1-0 up after 2 minutes from a wondeful Edinson Cavani goal.
Iezzo's 88th minute own goal cost me the win....

Heres an update of my season.
Sitting in 3rd place behind both Milan clubs, Im pretty **** happy so far.
Ive already decided my defence needs work as 7 goals let in in 7 games isnt something to be proud of...

trying this with liverpool, a few thing sorry does matter what foot up front ie carrol on left and suarez on right, or because they cut in, carrol right and suarez left, thanks, also when i pick the players, in the instructions, its says none for targetman and none for playmaker, is this supposed to be like this or do i need to put people in there, thanks for your help.

Reading this with great interest - well done so far.

I have a few questions if you don't mind...

What pitch size are you using?
Do you let your assistant do teamtalks, or do you do them yourself?
What shouts (if any) do you action during a game?

Keep up the good work!

Reading this with great interest - well done so far.

I have a few questions if you don't mind...

What pitch size are you using?
Do you let your assistant do teamtalks, or do you do them yourself?
What shouts (if any) do you action during a game?

Keep up the good work!

Minimum Pitch size as you need to control, I do most team talks with, For the Fans for a rival or a smaller team away, You can win this for a team bigger than me and expect a win if the are a smaller team and Im at home.

I occaisionally use, Retain Possession and Pass to feet if I feel we arent controlling as well as we can.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

trying this with liverpool, a few thing sorry does matter what foot up front ie carrol on left and suarez on right, or because they cut in, carrol right and suarez left, thanks, also when i pick the players, in the instructions, its says none for targetman and none for playmaker, is this supposed to be like this or do i need to put people in there, thanks for your help.

Cutting inside obviously favours a strong foot on the inside, but in this it doesnt matter too much as its set as that so they dont drift as wide to cross. It is to keep my team narrow and sharp. and If you set your DM as your playmaker and I personally would have Suarez as your target man to feet as he has the technical skill. Also, play Ngog over Carroll in this formation, Ngog has pace and skill, Carroll doesnt.

sorry just read the op and answered my own question, at above, even better thank you for your help, iv played two game drew 1-1 away to trabzonpore and got beat 1-0 away to chelsea, had been using a different tactic before so shall give this a proper blast. should i use your time wasting tweak?

Last edited:
Nice posession %, but having 0 creative freedom to all players is just lol. Also (for example) Poli's instructions are very strange - no through balls? It's like asking a player like Pirlo not to do any through balls - and he is like one of the best passers in the world... oO)

sorry just read the op and answered my own question, at above, even better thank you for your help, iv played two game drew 1-1 away to trabzonpore and got beat 1-0 away to chelsea, had been using a different tactic before so shall give this a proper blast. should i use your time wasting tweak?

Nah, as it didnt work :)

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Nice posession %, but having 0 creative freedom to all players is just lol. Also (for example) Poli's instructions are very strange - no through balls? It's like asking a player like Pirlo not to do any through balls - and he is like one of the best passers in the world... oO)

Through Balls from a DM often go wasted on FM, they are also a far riskier type of pass in terms of possession. To add to my Pass Completion % they had to be removed. ^^)

I'm still at work for the rest of today, but I can already see I'll be tweaking this good-looking tactic with regards to this...

Maybe I'll keep the PI the same, but up the creative freedom a bit...

I'm still at work for the rest of today, but I can already see I'll be tweaking this good-looking tactic with regards to this...

Maybe I'll keep the PI the same, but up the creative freedom a bit...

I do aim to add more flair in to this tactic, as its certainly lacking that. I need to tweek the defense too as its far too leaky for my liking. Goalkeeping error has lost me two games now so Im seriously considering buying in a replacement.

Don't listen to Velveti, btw. He's a general idiot around these parts.

Great tactic, I've tried it with a couple teams over pre-season and ten games and the results are great.
I'm going to start a serious game with Barcelona, because the tactic takes away the massive amount of creativity that the team normally has. I want to see how good it is then. :)

hey laffles, i was working on something similar but with pushed up wingers, i gave up because i wasn't having any luck, didn't cross my mind to change formation lol.

Anyway I have had a quick go with your tactic and this is what I have found:

GK is making way too many mistakes, I reduced his closing down and that seemed to help.
2 central defenders were the same, reduced the closing down and it seems to be helping, I also set them to zonal marking.

Have you made any changes since your last post?

oh and thanks for the great tactic mate

I prefer my 4-5-1 with napoli.. tied with inter at the front after 10 games ... 33 scored 6 conceded 8w 1d 1l ... but this might be a good tactic against bigger teams where you don't want them to take control of the whole game and make their magic. And those Juventus , Udinese , Liverpool scores you posted ... 4-5-1 got me results 6-1 win against juve , 5-0 against udinese , 4-1 against liverpool :pP .. but against strong teams I might try this one .. cheers mate