Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed Nederov in 2nd season for Parma in Serie B. I promised him the number 8 jersey and gave him it when submitting squad numbers. He then says he has lost trust in me and wants to leave. Cost me a fair chunk of my budget too!

CALLE marzana

My frustration is 'Image Verification' on EVERY reply to a thread !

Play-Off Pens

Oh man am I salty. Started a new save, rock bottom, unemployed. Sterling Albion (Scottish 4th division) offered me job with the aim to reach promotion play-offs. Finished 3rd - expectation met. During the campaign I had 2 cup matches go to penalties against 3rd and 2nd division teams, won both. The play-off semi-finals went to penalties, won it as well. The play off finals goes to penalties, I score my 1st 2 and my keeper makes 2 saves. This is in the bag. Their keeper saves the next 3 and they score all 3. I am still in the 4th division.

What is it with missed penalties in this game? Playing as Southampton and have Gylfi Sigurdsson on penalty duty, 17 in Penalties, 12 in Composure which I know isn't great but isn't bad either. He's taken 7 and missed 4, and not one of them were against top teams or behind in the match. Davy Klaassen has missed 1 out of 1, Dusan Tadic has missed 1 out of 2, so that gives me a conversion rate of 40%. ****** annoying.

What the **** ist that?

I amwriting with a mobile phone so i cant add a pic....but...i had Berahino in Brighton...contract till 30.6.2021...now is june 2019...he was unhappy and wanted to move on....transfer listed by request...and Arsenal bought him on a Bosman rule...i got a fee of 7.5mil euro but i couldnt do anything else...he got away just like that...on a bosman rule with 2 years of contract more...and right now i can see him in my team but says "contracted to Arsenal"...what the **** is that? Bug or somethinhg else????

What is it with missed penalties in this game? Playing as Southampton and have Gylfi Sigurdsson on penalty duty, 17 in Penalties, 12 in Composure which I know isn't great but isn't bad either. He's taken 7 and missed 4, and not one of them were against top teams or behind in the match. Davy Klaassen has missed 1 out of 1, Dusan Tadic has missed 1 out of 2, so that gives me a conversion rate of 40%. ****** annoying.

Just an update on this.. Gylfi Sigurdsson has since had 2 penalties, both of which he missed.

I amwriting with a mobile phone so i cant add a pic....but...i had Berahino in Brighton...contract till 30.6.2021...now is june 2019...he was unhappy and wanted to move on....transfer listed by request...and Arsenal bought him on a Bosman rule...i got a fee of 7.5mil euro but i couldnt do anything else...he got away just like that...on a bosman rule with 2 years of contract more...and right now i can see him in my team but says "contracted to Arsenal"...what the **** is that? Bug or somethinhg else????

Berahino is a bell*nd!!! Signed him for Porto, on a free, and he's had a great first season. Now Man City are interested he wants to leave..!

just uninstalled this despite being slightly less frustrating than FM16. Simply had enough.

Cross orgy simply being transferred from far post to near post. Three man defence is the cure against any disease. Playmaking AMC's are useless. WB's are immortal superheroes. You want your striker to score, then spoon feed him with a near post low cross fest. Of course regardless of his height or attributes he'll only score with volleys and tap ins, forget about headers they'll either go high or straight into keepers arms even from 1 yard. Lionel Messi or Carsten Jancker makes no difference. Tons of goals (more scored than conceded fwiw) from unstoppable patterns from throw ins or free kicks (pass to unmarked/unmarkable player on the wing, then lateral pass then goal) where's the sense of reward in this?

think I'm speaking due to lack of success, well I've won 8-9 different championships in 4 different continents at first try including consecutive wins starting from Brazil (probably the most frustrating league ever) and Italy third division, plus various international tournaments. Will still get FM18 because I have this addiction and is basically the only videogame I play at my old age, but last two editions have been a massive let down for me.

Exceptionally bought Thimbleweed Park (because I loved old Lucasarts games) yesterday and it's been so refreshing, a videogame ready to play on release day without any bug, that is instant fun to play. FM used to be like this a few years ago.

Football Manager 2017? More like Crossing Simulator 2017. 99% of every goal I see scored in FM is from a cross. Match engine yawn

I'm done

I don't know what the **** is with crosses in this game. I mean, every single crosses they send in must be a goal. Everytime. And you probably think, "Hah, turn on show onto weaker foot, mark the winger, mark the full back", believe me, i've tried everything. All of that. And it means ****. It mean nothing to them.

This game **** as ****! ******* nonsense!

I'm a 29 year old manager in his first year of managing but apparently my old age is a concern.
View attachment 96747

Assistant Manager - make up your mind.
View attachment 96746

And lastly (cant be bothered finding a screen shot). Promised Rashford a new contract at years end, so offered him a contract, he rejected it and then cracked it that I didn't fulfil my promise a month later after I continually tried to re-negotiate. Then in the conversation my only real option was to say "sorry I forgot". There should be an option "I offered you a contract and you rejected it you little tip rat, now outta my office"

Hey, i'm back again! For another rant!

**** THIS GAME!

This ******* game is just didn't let me ******* win! I mean, everytime i take the lead they ALWAYS catch up. And what i am ******* sick about is when they are the one who lead, i can't ******* catch up! I just can't. It's just can't happen.

Trust me, my team is a good team with quite good players. The point is they're good, they almost win the league last season. And yeah, it means nothing to this ******* game. First game against team who just promoted, lose 4-2 with a lot lot lot stupid mistakes from my player. It's just so stupid. I mean, i score just when i've do everything i can. Like everything. And it still 2-1 for them, right. And you know what? Like what i said, my player make mistake, and they score. I mean WTF. Are they Barcelona?! Am i against world class team with world class player right now?! Cause what, THEY'RE ******* SCORE SO EASILY! This game really ******* hate me! It just didn't ******* let me win at all.

**** THIS GAME!

This ******* game is just didn't let me ******* win! I mean, everytime i take the lead they ALWAYS catch up. And what i am ******* sick about is when they are the one who lead, i can't ******* catch up! I just can't. It's just can't happen.

Trust me, my team is a good team with quite good players. The point is they're good, they almost win the league last season. And yeah, it means nothing to this ******* game. First game against team who just promoted, lose 4

Except last season when you almost on the league you mean ;-)

**** THIS GAME!

Trust me, my team is a good team with quite good players. The point is they're good, they almost win the league last season. And yeah, it means nothing to this ******* game. First game against team who just promoted, lose 4

Except last season when you almost on the league you mean ;-)

I use "they", mate. Not "we". So "they" almost won the league, not "we" almost won the league.

Not a frustration or a rage. More a minor annoyance.

Finished the first season with Lokomotiv Moscow. Romped to the double. There is a perception that Russian clubs have a lot of money and its true in some ways, but not like it was 4-5 years ago. the top handful of Russian clubs usually end up quite rich, if they don't already start that way. But the ways to make money are limited. Attendances aren't great and TV money in Russia is almost as bad as smaller South American countries. Topping the league pays about 6m Euros, and you might make another 100K-200K from TV thru the whole season. So its down to player sales, European competition income, and sponsorships. With no Europe and no major player sales, its mostly sponsors for Loko in the first season. Started with about 45m Euros, and a massive 1m to spend. I spent that on some first-day regens. The money disappears quite quickly. Sold a couple players in January to have a bit of money but the club didn't give anything. By the end of the season, the bank was close to empty. So my transfer funds were whatever I had raised from those January sales, which was like 1m. New commercial deals come thru in late May, and in previous saves, they usually give a chunk of money to spend at that point. Like 30 or 4m. This time.... nothing. The same 1m from January and another 1.5m from more sales. I was hoping to get a bit of a bankroll, to reinforce the squad for Europe as I don't think its ready to compete effectively. Those regens I snapped up have some serious potential and are developing nicely, but 16 and 17 year olds aren't going to carry us through to the group stages without a massively favorable group draw.

I still managed to get my top target, the Russian RB from Sparta Praha, as they wanted less for him than in previous saves. I also had enough to snag two players from Partizan - the big CB (think he's signing for Fiorentina in real life) and the striker. But the striker is only 17 so he joins in the winter window, which I didn't realize. I have something like 6 high potential strikers either in the squad or on future transfer but the oldest is 19. I also have Skeletic, who looks poor for the level but he scores. Galadjan, the 19 year old Russian with some good potential, will probably lead my line for the 2nd season even though he's not ready. I had him mentored twice and he now has Determination and Professionalism of 20 and Ambition of like 18. Thank you Dmitry Loskov!

Anyway, its annoying to get less money than I had planned on but is it what it is. Not wrecking the save or anything. The squad was obviously good enough to be competitive in the RPL as it was, and its going to be getting better with the young players developing.

In League 1 - I loaned a Chelsea player (Loftus Creek), he is my key player. I was silly enough to accidentally leave in his loan contract the clause "can play for parent clubs reserve team". Now despite him playing every game for us, he keeps going back to Chelsea to play U/23's and he is buggered. I thought maybe they would just play him if he wasnt getting a game, even worse is he wasn't available last game because he was playing in Chelseas U/23's.

Don't suppose there is any way around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.