Status
Not open for further replies.
Throws are so stupid. Players on both teams keep literrally giving the ball to the opponent. The ammount of unforcred errors commited by players on this game is way too high

Player ask for more playing time.
I promise that he'll start the next games.
He gets injured for 4 weeks.
After 2 weeks, he wants to talk to me because i'm breaking my promise.
YOU'RE ******* INJURED YOU ******* IDIOT!!!

This game is so inconsistent, a tacitc does well for a few games then the players look like they can't pass, you batter the opposition but goal are rarer than a very very rare thing, my love for Football Manager and I go back to the old Championship Manager games then moved to Football manager has been killed stone dead by FM17. I genuinly feel I may never play a FM game again, and yes I have tried different teams and tactics, yes they are fluid, no it's not my first job and yes I have had success in other incarnations of the game, farewell SI and FM you destroyed my enthusiasm for a game I loved

Same situation here. I have a lot of experience with Championship Manager and FM, although I haven't played since FM 2013. I tried diferent saves but same inconsistency no matter what I do. It seems like its just random. No matter what you do, or how powerfull your team is, the final result will be random.

I see a lot of people complaining about this, but I also see some enjoying their game. Is there a chance that maybe we're doing something wrong? Maybe just some leagues are like that? Or maybe the game acts like that just under some circumstances?

Player ask for more playing time.
I promise that he'll start the next games.
He gets injured for 4 weeks.
After 2 weeks, he wants to talk to me because i'm breaking my promise.
YOU'RE ******* INJURED YOU ******* IDIOT!!!

I will double this. I'm currently on a successful save with Arsenal (a very enjoyable one too) but my god the players can be absolute mongs.

i took charge at liverpool and in my 2nd season i won the PL, CL and even more, next season every player that gets a bid wants to leave because they wanna win titles.. players wanna leave for teams like monaco even tho they didnt win a single title in my savegame.. so **** annoying

I will double this. I'm currently on a successful save with Arsenal (a very enjoyable one too) but my god the players can be absolute mongs.

And even worse are the discussions when you deny them a transfer.
It's like every player, no matter how loyal he is to the club, no matter how much of a nice guy he's always been, turns into a pretentious jackass who starts acting out like a 5-year old who can't get what he wants.

And to make matters worse, those cheap bastards from PSG always bid so ******* low that it would be stupid to accept it, but i can't explain this to my player.
They hear PSG and they want to leave asap and there's no decent answer to give.
I can choose between, bad, really bad, **** me this is gonna be bad, and click here if you want to **** this game up so bad that you're already thinking about another team.

By the way, i'm also getting a bit frustrated when teams asks 156 million (never seen such a ridiculous amount in my entire CM/FM career) for a 10 million rated player.
I understand you don't want to sell your best/promising players cheap, but this is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Not strictly to do with the actual gameplay itself, but why has the manager notebook been removed for TOUCH...I understand it's stripped down, but that seems an odd thing to have removed - found it quite useful.

Not strictly to do with the actual gameplay itself, but why has the manager notebook been removed for TOUCH...I understand it's stripped down, but that seems an odd thing to have removed - found it quite useful.

Out of interest what did you use it for? Don't think I've ever used it, not even sure where I'd find it on this edition haha

I agree with you, I often used it to keep track of a player's progress on the CA/PA and attributes.

And did I mention...way to many penalties conceded throughout the season in lower leagues.

AAAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrGggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Out of interest what did you use it for? Don't think I've ever used it, not even sure where I'd find it on this edition haha

I used it for 2 main things - one was to remind myself of player progression, so when an older player was nearing retirement, I'd look for a very young player who could come in and replace him and it was useful to keep track of the assistant reports over a 3/4 year period to see if he developed accordingly.

The other thing was to keep track of who I'd disciplined and how.

Also, on the main game, when homegrown status was an issue, it was useful to remind myself not to send players out on loan which would interrupt their '3 years training' period - I'm pretty forgetful and would regularly do this accidentally!!!

I missed the WC final because of that stupid news feed system. Whoever came up with the idea to institute this travesty into the game should be kicked in the balls to prevent them from procreating.

Hmm lets see...

Not been able to play the last two FM's due to spiking blood pressure...

You make a very good tactic that works for a stretch of 20 games (where domestically I have a 7-1 aggregate over both Old Firm clubs this season with Aberdeen) then just all of a sudden.. *****.

You can have a highlight where you successfully tackle someone and that tackle works as a though ball for them to score... You can also have highlights where on Lower Tempo you tackle the opposition three times and yet because you try to rush the ball forward despite having a lower tempo, you misplace a pass then boom.. conceded.

And my personal favourite (That has been a problem for the past FOUR FM's!!!!!) is the nice 15+ pass plays you make, football looking slick, life is good. Until that centre half that had no right to win the ball in the fashion he did wins it and LUMPS it up 60 yards, your defender ***** the bed and misses an easy interception, striker takes it down the byline and SURPRISE SURPRISE!! Cross in the box and goal! from good to suicidal in 5 virtual seconds...

Back to just watching it on YouTube for another year then if this game is still broke af.

Brexit rules, making it near impossible to sign someone who isn't a first team regular at a top club.
It's August 2021.
Tried signing Sergio Alvarez, who is Espanyol's #1GK for basically his whole career, as a backup for my Man Utd team, as he was available on a free. Had to apply for a work permit (as I now have to for every non british) player now. Lost the appeal, on deadline day, as he didn't have enough points to sign! This now happens for 95% of wonderkids I also try to sign. I get given every excuse under the sun. Not played in enough international games. Nation not ranked high enough. Not got enough points to qualify for a permit. Drives me mad!

Championship Groups! - **** am I bad at the big games and so is my whole squad!

View attachment 107562 View attachment 107561

Went from 1st place (throughout most of the season) to a 3rd place - absolute collapse!

Worst thing is I did almost exactly the same last year. Second place entering the groupstage and then 3rd at the end of the season.

Any advice? I obviously need better players with higher 'pressure' and 'important matches' stats - but how do you guys handle the pressure of those games?

It looks like injuries target a certain position to destroy, playing as man utd got Shaw, Rojo, Blind and Darmian all injured in 2 games and I was left with no one who can play LB.

Then I got Martial, Rashford and Rooney injured at the same time and I'm left with only Ibra as a striker in a 4-3-1-2 Formation

Status
Not open for further replies.