Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't letting me bring anyone in, not even on amateur contracts. Takeover is done now though, so I'm happy :)

Hello, I was wondering if somebody could explain how I start the games with database that I downloaded. Would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, I was wondering if somebody could explain how I start the games with database that I downloaded. Would be much appreciated. Thanks.

put the file in the editor data folder. and when you start a game, 2nd menu page, in the dropdown (top right) it should be a selectable tick box underneath (prob ticked by default).

put the file in the editor data folder. and when you start a game, 2nd menu page, in the dropdown (top right) it should be a selectable tick box underneath (prob ticked by default).

for some reason its not allowing me to click the box. thanks for the reply

Not normally one for a moan as I like to try and find solutions to what is going wrong but I am really struggling on this game. Just played my 5th season over the course of 2 different saves in the English lower leagues and finding it impossible to finish above mid table. Consistency is awful, I seem to start the season looking like I'm going to beat everybody, then a soon as November comes around my team just forget how to play football.

I wouldn't mind so much if there was some logic to how to set up, for example I seem to lose when I play attacking at home against a weaker team, yet if I set up to counter then I will get a win, it's the same when playing big teams.

Not normally one for a moan as I like to try and find solutions to what is going wrong but I am really struggling on this game. Just played my 5th season over the course of 2 different saves in the English lower leagues and finding it impossible to finish above mid table. Consistency is awful, I seem to start the season looking like I'm going to beat everybody, then a soon as November comes around my team just forget how to play football.

I wouldn't mind so much if there was some logic to how to set up, for example I seem to lose when I play attacking at home against a weaker team, yet if I set up to counter then I will get a win, it's the same when playing big teams.

Just now figuring out I need to be more cautious at home. No explanation why. But you live, you learn.

have been away from this for a few years now, since i didn't want to lose my life, but has been itching to get back so finally got it this year

Is really disappointing to see SI not get the fundamentals right, and I am speaking about the transfer market. Yes, I am playing with torino, and they are traditionally a selling club. So I accept the board intervening and sell my best player, belotti in this case. Now my turn to look for a replacement, and when i make a decent offer to other selling clubs, like bologna, how come their board don't intervene to accept it, and the manager get to reject my offer.

Now SI does compensate you for this by making loans and free transfers easy for you. That's what I have been doing all these past years of football manager, can't believe hey still have not fixed it. There is no point of a transfer market if they are running the market like that.

Also, what's with the ease of which players get unhappy? In real world, cesc sat for 7 straight games before getting in the squad and he sucked it up. Now my players are unhappy because we haven't strengthen as promised. Heck, I am playing with torino, not man utd.

I think this years game is fantastic.

The only thing standing out as STILL being a problem is totally unrealistic transfer offers/demands.

I am playing as Man Utd, Juan Mata had the season of his life, scoring 18 goals and notching 31 assists. Won player of the year, average rating of like 7.9 or something for the season. End of the season I give him a new 200k per week contract, for 4 years. His value is currently £42m

Start of 2nd season, Real Madrid come in with an offer of £35m for him. I reject it, obviously, and Mata throws a wobbly. Like, seriously? How has the AI been coded to think that is an acceptable offer? A player that is not transfer listed, recently signed a massive new contract and coming off the back of an incredible season. Same every year, SI need to address this. Especially considering that me as the human player has to bid 2-3 times more or higher than a players valuation to even stand a chance of signing him.

Similarly, I go in for Felix Passlack, met the release cause of £33m. Passlack spent the first season on loan at Napoli where he made about 14 appearances all season. I have sold Darmian and Valencia so can guarantee him first team football. The kid demands 250k per week and won't accept a penny less.

Annoying to say the least.

What really annoys me is that my prestige as a manager never seems to go up with the players.

My profile is that of an international footballer and I have been the Celtic manager for 5 seasons. I have won the league and at least 1 domestic cup each season, got out of my CL group each season and have won the CL once. But that doesnt seem to stop my punk-assed players talking to me like im a clown. If players spoke to Alex Ferguson the way they do to me in FM, they would be knocked out. There should be something in the game that improves your prestige with the players and thus makes them more respectful or fearful of you.

Oh my dear lord. Without the slightest bit of exaggeration, my Aston Villa team hits the post AT LEAST once a match EVERY match I've played this season in the Premier League.

Every single one. 100% of all matches involve me hitting the upright or the crossbar at least once.

EVERY ​tactic eventually becoming useless. I get that it's realistic for teams to be worked out, but I hate having to constantly change my style, formation and tactics every 5 or so games.

Example: I was Southampton, I was absolutely tearing apart everyone. Then Barnsley beat me 2-0 in the cup, and from there on in my tactic was useless - regardless of the small tweaks I made.

Just lost the champions league on penalties. Finished 2-2 I had 12 shots on target they had 4. They also had 9 men from the 83rd minute. Logical setups don't seem to help in games like this. They end up with 2 dcm's and a cm no width what so ever so I move my players out wide fullbacks on attack duty still nothing in over 30 minutes. Neur concedes just fine with 11 men but 9 noooo makes stupid saves. Rant over

EVERY ​tactic eventually becoming useless. I get that it's realistic for teams to be worked out, but I hate having to constantly change my style, formation and tactics every 5 or so games.

Example: I was Southampton, I was absolutely tearing apart everyone. Then Barnsley beat me 2-0 in the cup, and from there on in my tactic was useless - regardless of the small tweaks I made.

Much more to do with your team getting over confident, complacent etc. You need to develop a WINNING CULTURE in your team and your tactics won't suck.

And AI teams ofc keep winning stuff every season using the same tactics overandoverandover again...

This game is so inconsistent, a tacitc does well for a few games then the players look like they can't pass, you batter the opposition but goal are rarer than a very very rare thing, my love for Football Manager and I go back to the old Championship Manager games then moved to Football manager has been killed stone dead by FM17. I genuinly feel I may never play a FM game again, and yes I have tried different teams and tactics, yes they are fluid, no it's not my first job and yes I have had success in other incarnations of the game, farewell SI and FM you destroyed my enthusiasm for a game I loved

Sounds familiar.
It's something that i really hate.
I was always of the principle that if i created a tactic that worked, it would work forever.

Sure, i'd lose games against big teams, and yes, occasionally i'd end up losing against a smaller team if they made that lucky counter goal... but i cannot live with the fact that i absolutely demolish Juve one week, and then the next 3 games (Samp, Palermo and Carpi of all teams) i seem to be playing with a bunch of idiots that can't play decent football to save their lives.

The utter randomness of some of the results drives me round the bend.

You're playing well, 2nd in the league, full of confidence and come up the team that is second bottom who have lost 6 of their last 8 games and surprisingly when they play you, they've turned into Barcelona and smash you 3-0.

Oh, and a bit later in the season, I'm playing Tottenham in the FA semi-final (I'm West Ham), I'm still 2nd in the league, Tottenham are 13th and I lose 5-2 with all 5 of theirs coming from free kicks cos my spastic players can't help themselves from fouling these ******.

SI should sort out amount of penalties given away when defending corners or free kicks being delivered into the box. Playing as Southport and over two seasons must have have had 20 penalties against me, then took over at Chesterfield and again the same thing happens my defenders are always pushing peolple in the box, yet surprise surprise my teams have only ever had three penalties awarded for the same type of fouls in the lower leagues. Definitely the ME at work because it doesn't happen when playing as a premiership team.

Status
Not open for further replies.