Status
Not open for further replies.
Loading the game up after months away, to a folder full of d/l tactics and no idea which are decent anymore.. lol

Doing so well with Arsenal that when I took over Real Madrid and tried to sign a couple of players, Real Madrid weren't a 'big enough team'

One word to describe my disbelief in this game.

Penalties

Even for the computer teams. So many missed penalties.

Not a frustration or a rage. More a minor annoyance.

<snip.

Anyway, its annoying to get less money than I had planned on but is it what it is. Not wrecking the save or anything. The squad was obviously good enough to be competitive in the RPL as it was, and its going to be getting better with the young players developing.

Follow up. Again, not an overt frustration but more a minor annoyance.

So the first half of the 2017-2018 season has been interesting. As I mentioned before, I got one of my main targets - the Russian RB at Sparta Prague. I also wanted Anton Mitryushkin, a Russian goalkeeper at FC Sion in Switzerland. Guilherme is fine and not that old, but Mitryushkin is at least as good with potential to get better. I did try in the summer, despite minimum funds, but Sion wanted a lot. So I decided to see if I could unsettle him. Declared interest in the media, and sent scouts. He started playing kinda **** and said he wanted to join, but Sion wasn't budging. Fine. Its a long process and my need is not immediate.

The Russian Premier League season has been a romp so far. But Zenit isn't far behind. I downed the something like 4-1 in the head-to-head, but I have an oddly good record against them. I use my same base tactic (a 4-1-4-1 Very Fluid Counter high press system) and just drop the D-line, killing them on the counter. My concern over whether Galadjan could carry the load was unfounded - he's still a bit inconsistent but scoring enough, and still developing well. Its amazing what the combination of competitive matches and ideal personality does for player development. He will be Russia's #1 striker soon. Miranchuk is almost maxed out on development - my only concern with him is that I wish he was a year older so he could tutor. The youngsters are getting matches and developing. Had Real Madrid making cursory, insulting offers for one of my Russian wingers. And Nikola Milenkovic (the big Serbian DC) has become my de facto #1 central defender - Pejcinovic and Corluka (who is losing all his pace) rotate beside him.

I was most concerned about the Champions League. I didn't have to play a qualifier. Group draw was Manchester United, Porto, and Celtic. I was figuring on targeting 3rd and the Europa League, but a home draw to United made things possible. Ended up drawing away to United as well, 2 wins over Celtic, and a win and a draw with Porto. Went thru in 2nd. Some not-so-strong teams made it through the group stage, but all in 2nd. So Round of 16, drew against Bayern Munich. ****.

One of the interesting dynamics about managing in Russia is the long winter break - its basically as long as the summer break. The Russian winter window doesn't actually start until February. I was waiting for the funds... and waiting. Started to assume I wouldn't get much again. Then boom, 25m comes through. Time to spend.

Sion still weren't letting me get Mitryushkin unless I was willing to spend most of my budget. Which I wasn't. So instead, I stumped up 15m (structured) for Elmir Nabiullin from Rubin Kazan, giving two of the best young Russian fullbacks. I scouted a bunch of other leftback options but while Nabiullin wasn't the best, he's Russian, has potential, and can be mentored. Now Manuel Fernandes is my midfield pivot, either as a DLP or Roaming Playmaker. But he's aging and slowing down. One of my long terms goals is to find an all around MC with great attacking skills for those positions (First Touch, Passing, Technique, Vision, Flair, Off the Ball) to make the tactical approach even better. Mateo Kovavic of Real Madrid would be almost perfect. since I can't and won't be able to attract a player of that caliber to Loko, I've been looking to develop one. Have a 19 year Nigerian who I snapped dup at the beginning - he's got potential but not ready to start. I spent a bit more of the money on an 18 year old Serbian MC with similar potential as the Nigerian, but he's a bit more developed all around. And to add a bit of versatile depth, I spent about 2m on John Hou Saeter.

I figured my spending was done at that point, but then New York City FC came through with a decent offer for Manuel Fernandes, so I negotiated it up to 5m total and now my creative pivot is gone. Miranchuk can take that role but while he's better overall, he's not quite as dynamic creatively. I also got an offer for Aleksandr Kolomeytsev and he went as well. I wasn't necessary going to replace Fernandes but I had about 15m left so I scouted some players on my shortlist. I got a new notice that Ante Coric was upset at not being able to leave Dinamo. Made an offer, negotiated it to about 20m structured and he accepted the contract. Didn't even demand massive money. So boom, I now have my create midfielder. Would prefer more rounded, but he should do amazing in the RPL.

Advanced thru the mid-season friendlies. Got my new youth intake. Junior coaching just got bumped and the result.... a high potential keeper and DM. The keeper is 18 years old and fairly developed. He's not that tall for a keeper, but he becomes my immediate backup and will get matches. The DM is 15 and not a position of need, but if he develops into a world class player.... Mitryushkin is longer needed, after I unsettled him. Ironically, I had agreed to personally watch a Sion match just before the youth intake, so I still observed it. He conceded two. Sorry kid.

First leg of the Bayern match, I surprisingly won 1-0 at home. Went to a the deep defensive line but that was it - they actually dominated possession, which is unusual against my side. I'm not hopeful of getting a result in Germany, though. I figure we are still going out. And played the quarter final of the Russian Cup against Ural, a weaker RPL side. Put out the kids - my entire midfield 5 was between 15 and 17 years old. Won 4-1. The kids are indeed alright. My new regen GK and DM also got their first tastes of what means it to be Loko.

I've made it thru 2 seasons with Loko about 4 times in the past 2 versions with FM. This will be the 5th time when I finish the season. I'd like to go further, hopefully develop some of those high potential young players I've snared and become more than just a powerhouse in Russia.

Has anyone else noticed you are winning by say 2-0 or 2-1 (any resault realy) then when match ends the ai suddenly has another goal? i noticed this several times but thought i was just not paying attention, but then i won 2-0 vs west ham and the end score was 2-1 saying calleri scored in the 78minutte when he had no goals when the clock hit 90min

Anomaly?

I don't know if it just me or anyone else had it too. I don't know why and how this kinda thing happen.

So, i manage a non-league team, we are on a really really good run, unbeaten in 12 games. Almost goal galore every game. Use 4-2-4 formation with FB and Winger in Attack. I thought it's a good thing. Inspired by AS Monaco this season, create an overload with FB in Attack. It went well, really well. We top of the table and all that.

And then i save it. Done for the day, with that unbeaten run. The next day, i load it. Suddenly, i can't win anymore. I mean how?! Same tactic, same formation. Everyone is in the form of their life. Superb morale. I mean how?! It's like everything ******* change if we load another day.

And they can't really possible know my tactic, too early for non-league level, right? It just first 12 games in the season, and they already "crack" it? After i load? Seriously?!

FM, you ************.

Last edited:
How is it f*cking right that I cant fine any of my players for this result. My defence let in 5 and most of them had 6.4 rating! This game is such a p*ssy game... It forces you to be nice! It would be great if some year we actually got a new FM-game that let's you actually play it pretty much the way you like not just another database update.

View attachment 95984 View attachment 95983

Last edited:
Dwight Gayle suffers a broken leg in one game, Matt Ritchie suffers one in the very next game. Great.

What ***** me is when a player complains about 'no first team football' and then goes to the media and complains, you should be able to then have a conversation with them, have a go at them, fine them and drop them to the reserves.

I have exploit right wing on, I distribute to the right side from the GK, I have my best player on the right, my AP in the centre of midfield is to the right, yet I go a whole game and this. 8% down the right.

View attachment 95705

Okay, an entirely self-created problem. But still...

I tend to manage top level clubs, usually not the elite but ones who already have talent that is mostly adequate for the level of competition. They need to be built up, not rebuilt. I randomly decided on a save with Fulham. Had a successful first season and got them promoted. The only players I added in the first season were some first-day regens. Managed to get those young players some experience and they have been developing well. But the most developed of them are probably Championship level, not Prem level yet.

So I got nice chunk of money to spend in the summer. 30m, I believe. But I need upgrades pretty much everywhere. The two first team strikers I had in the first season were both on loan and not worth buying outright (Chris Martin was prolific enough to be tempting), so I signed Haris Seferovic from Frankfurt on a free. I wanted a creative fulcrum, even though Tom Cairney was sold. Was surprised I could get Abdelhak Nouri from Ajax for about 15m structured. I was disappointed that Derby also got promoted as I wanted to grab Will Hughes. They were still willing to sell, but it took almost 20m structured to get him. Bam, I now have a killer central midfield. I also added Linquist (sp? Swedish leftback) and the keeper Rossbach, who is a marginal upgrade over my current 2 but with room to improve.

Money is all gone, but I really start to look at my squad. I'm not sold on Seferovic and his primary backup is a 17 year old. My 3 players who can play on the wing are more Championship level. I have 3 good high potential regens there but they are 16-18 years old and not ready for the Prem yet. I have 3 solid center backs but I'm thinking 2 of them will be marginal. I also have 2 great young English CB prospects.... both are 17. DM is the exact same thing.

So now I'm looking at the side and feeling that its halfway inadequate for the Prem. Instead of shelling out the bigger bucks for the 2 CMs, I should have looked for other solid bargain buys at CB and the wings.... but those regens are why I didn't. That "think I ****** this up" feeling makes me wonder how much of the new season I'll get thru. Gonna give it a try, though.

How does a goalkeeper sustain a broken finger when according to the stats the ball hadn't even entered the oppositions 1/3 yet? Now he is out for 5 weeks, WTF.

A random player has become a legend of the club as a player and has never set foot in the club.

Same story for probably everyone, virtually in every save of mine for years, the Ballon d'Or winner often doesn't make the starting 11 of the World Team of the Year.

So I'm doing a journeyman save for the first time. Start off in the Swedish Lower Leagues and do absolute pants for a season and a half-get relegated season 1, resign mid season 2 as it was getting worse. Get offered job at Glentoran (Danske Bank Premiership (Northern Ireland)) so I take it. Had a great first season culminating in this (the board only wanted a top half finish):

View attachment 91886

Giving the club Europa League football. Guess who doesn't get offered a new contract or new transfer funds, even though I finished 3rd in the table giving the club a nice cash injection, on top of the money from European football? Stuck with a rolling contract.

So sodded off. Good god I was so triggered after all the work I did for that club. Had to deal with everything from player unrest to fans kicking off because they thought I did bad transfers. They can shove it. Salty AF

Last edited:
Anyone get ****** off when trying to sign someone and they keep saying they need to replace him first but when you check their transfer page their isnt even anyone on their radar aaaaaahhhhh

What really makes me salty is how i'm managing Inter Milan and i've won 5 champions leagues in 8 years (1 final 2 semis lel) and players still wanna go to PSG cus it's a ''bigger club'' or want to use my club as a ''stepping stone'', r you ******* retarded? WE'RE IT!
View attachment 91151

The thing that annoys me is how every six months my first choice goalkeeper, who has a "Key Player" contract, comes to me asking to join my main league rivals Bayern because he would be a more important part of their squad, and refuses to be talked around.

Going through the same cycle of unhappiness, or setting an asking price, followed by Bayern dropping their interest every six months

Status
Not open for further replies.