Anyone else have trouble getting affiliate clubs?

I'm with Man Utd in 2030, the last few years every time I'm told I can my my affiliate they come back a few days later saying iy would be bad for the club.

I've tried PSV and Ajax and a few others with good facilities. Every time it fails you have to wait months before you can ask again

Anyone else have trouble getting affiliate clubs?

I'm with Man Utd in 2030, the last few years every time I'm told I can my my affiliate they come back a few days later saying iy would be bad for the club.

I've tried PSV and Ajax and a few others with good facilities. Every time it fails you have to wait months before you can ask again

I have the same problem with my board.

I believe it depends on the chairman, and your club reputation (which i assume is very high). Try it again when the board next gets taken over. Hopefully won't be too long. I'm in 2026 and just had a second board take over.

I have the same problem with my board.

I believe it depends on the chairman, and your club reputation (which i assume is very high). Try it again when the board next gets taken over. Hopefully won't be too long. I'm in 2026 and just had a second board take over.

highest rep club in the world mate. Won league every year and the CL every year bar 3 I think!

It's just annoying you have to wait ages before getting another chance to ask. Ok you turn that option down, let me have another choice straight away!

Very annoying.

I so badly want Boca but nooooo "such a link would be detrimental to the club".

HOW?!!?

Something else which is puzzling me....

I am Stockport and just won Premier league.
For the past 3 seasons I have been around European competitions and even won Euro cup and European super cup.
I have more then 100 millions and the club even built a new stadium already.
This is all fine and great.

But why does the board refuse to improve training facilities up to the top level?????
Does this make any kind of sense???

Do they think I will just be too overpowered??? lool
Or are they thinking: why do you ask? you can obviously win without that kind of stuff lool

In previous FMs I don't remember this issue.
I feel training facilities should be something each board would like to increase as much as possible given the financial possibility.

Posted something overly wordy initially but I'll keep this brief:

I couldn't agree with that an inch. If you only ever see AI tactical changes late you struggle to read what's going on. If you think there's magic pep talks that turn a toothless side into a dangerous one in isolation you struggle to read what's going on. If you consistently concede late it's partly an annoying match engine issue (see above) and party your own doing.

That screenshot posted isn't indicative of a worse 2nd half performance of the team. It is indicative of seeing out leads mostly taken in the 1st half by playing keep-ball once they were taken rather than looking to add another couple goals in the 2nd. In other words, neither are you guaranteed to ship goals in the last 10 minutes as you claimed, nor do you concede lots of goals in the 2nd half due to AI managers performing magic pep talk tricks. There is lots of stuff going on, weird-*** AI decisions, bugs, etc. But so far there's typically always something to do about it. It even is on FM 2016, which has an unfortunate couple of engine issues. Which are all related to (AI) tactics, and very little to magic talks. As it is 100% tactics that determine player positioning, and thus whether and when areas are overloaded or not, no surprise.

This is becoming frustrating.

That you want to deny the morale side of the game I don't even know why you want to do that.
Honestly!!!!! Its just.....no words loool

That you want to keep addressing me with the tactical side of the game its also a bit.....not what I was complaining about in 1st place.
I have said I understand what you are saying. I will add that I am well aware of the tactical weaknesses inside the ME. Yes, I know about that. And I know very well how to exploit it so thanks but you gave me nothing new.

What I have been addressing is that the game also has a morale side, with all the pep talks and squad happiness and stuff. And I feel, being this is my personal feeling, that this morale side is overpowered.

You could obviously discuss that the morale side is not that big of a deal. That you decide to simply try and deny it....its puzzling.

I could keep running circles around you if I wanted....
Like....I could ask why the **** do you feel the need to be so conservative on 2nd halfs after demolishing the AI on the 1st half??
What?? Cant you read the game during 2nd Halfs? What are you afraid of? Or why do you fear 2nd Half AI more then you seem to fear 1st Half AI?

But I will not keep this discussion going.

I will finish by giving you a challenge:
If you think morale plays no part in this game, then hire an assistant manager with the lowest possible motivating, have him do all talks and see if you will do better or worst independent from your reading game abilities.

This is becoming frustrating.

That you want to deny the morale side of the game I don't even know why you want to do that.
Honestly!!!!! Its just.....no words loool

That you want to keep addressing me with the tactical side of the game its also a bit.....not what I was complaining about in 1st place.
I have said I understand what you are saying. I will add that I am well aware of the tactical weaknesses inside the ME. Yes, I know about that. And I know very well how to exploit it so thanks but you gave me nothing new.

What I have been addressing is that the game also has a morale side, with all the pep talks and squad happiness and stuff. And I feel, being this is my personal feeling, that this morale side is overpowered.

You could obviously discuss that the morale side is not that big of a deal. That you decide to simply try and deny it....its puzzling.

I could keep running circles around you if I wanted....
Like....I could ask why the **** do you feel the need to be so conservative on 2nd halfs after demolishing the AI on the 1st half??
What?? Cant you read the game during 2nd Halfs? What are you afraid of? Or why do you fear 2nd Half AI more then you seem to fear 1st Half AI?

But I will not keep this discussion going.

If you think morale plays no part in this game, then hire an assistant manager with the lowest possible motivating, have him do all talks and see if you will do better or worst independent from your reading game abilities.
I once set out to say exactly the opposite of what I should be saying (criticising a 3-0 win etc) in every team talk possible. I still got results, but fortunately I had professional players. It HAS an effect, obviously, but player quality and tactics are by far the biggest components.

THIS!! I haven't read all the comments on your discussion but I did this exact thing on 1 of my LLM saves and trust me, morale plays a big (possibly too big) a part in the game! Even with the team talks you do if any of the players turn red after it expect them to play **** for ages.

What WJ said. Let's not twist this into something else. The argument made was that some magic talk would be responsible for AI comebacks which apparently would override everything including the typically actually bad reactions players show when conceding, like getting frustrated in the widget, and that you couldn't do anything about it. Which is obviously wrong and a poor excuse. Here's that challenge: If you concede a lot of goals late, work on it. Because the game is not programmed to make them happen at all. You wouldn't need to be that drastic to protect some against it. As usual, the typically myths often perpetuated on fan sites.

First and foremost, it requires an AI manager that switches to a more attacking setup for a start, unless you're exposing yourself this much even after leads that any poor counter is to result in a goal. That can happen at any time of a match depending on who you are, like playing a small side that (luckily) takes a lead away at Man City, beware of the wrath. AI decision making is that dynamic and odd at times that Barcelona may visibly opt to drop completely off against Liverpool 1st season in Europe, try to grind out draws, until it is the 0-1 anyways. The coming match has absolutely no bearing on it, if you're playing Watford thereafter and they stand their ground rather than dropping of, it's going to be a completely different game. I reported AI vs AI matches where dynamic Ai decision making contributed to hockey scorelines, like one AI man suddenly switching to his preferred attacking formation involving multiple forwards despite already being 2-0 at HT against an AI who did similar in an attempt to get back into a match, and as forwards don't track back much on FM, that was bound to happen regardless of anything else.

The whole pep talk/morale being responsible for everything stuff is so held on because it's black and white feedback you get for it, like all the green and reds symbols and arrows. If SI would introduce arrows for the hidden consistency attributes which every player has, people would cling onto that too, like: yeah I just knew that had to happen, losing against the dead last as all players had their lower consistency kicking in. The above order is about right: Players -> tactics -> man management. Player quality can make up for bad tactics to extents (human exploit tactics draws player quality redundant, making average players who would do nothing at any AI side score lots), tactics determine the play and match dynamics (from both sides, and AI approach matches 100% dynamic so can sit back and vice versa in the same match), really poor man management can make sides underperform. Oh, and bad players/managers blame it all on the game/the weather.

Injuries are another pet peever of mine, as outside of individual and unlucky runs, FM has never replicated real life football here, where 3-5 first teamers out on average shoudl be the norm. Only on funny ol' FM with a bit of luck you can start Robbery all season, whereas Guardiola faced half a dozen+ players out at any time three seasons in a row and a top medical staff was sacked over it. Fix that, SI -- but in the "right" ways.

Last edited:
sik skreenszot mate

If you can screenshot and post while at work when the games on your home PC then fair play!

or

If u can skreenszot an post whil at wrkz whenda gamez on ur ome PC then fair playz!

If you can understand that better miiiiiiitchhhhh

Play on FMTouch to learn tactics they said.

Line up a simple 4-4-1-1 with Barcelona, (sensible) roles GK/D, CB/D x2, WB/S x2, DLP/D, CM/S, T/A, AF/A and a WM/A (IF) and W/S. Just play standard/flexible, no instructions, keep it simple.

Get schooled 2-0 by Cardiff. >_>

Yeah, just watched the opposition players ghost through mine, didn't quite tell me much. Though it's sweet to see the wingbacks punting it even though there were passing options available to them.

Never mind, we'll try again:

4-4-1-1 With Manchester United, should be sensible this; GK/D, CB/D x2, WB/A, WB/S, WM/A, CM/D, CM/S, W/S, SS/A, F9/S.

Get schooled by Blackburn.

Hrm...

Still not getting the whys on how we're losing. >_>

Conclusion: I can't analyse games for toffee and apparently I'm ****. :p

Oh, you're an 18 year old Hot Prospect and you have started every second league match? Of course I would love to speak to you about LACK OF FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL. How the **** much do you expect to be playing then?

Really hope that dynamic gets sorted for FM17. ****** annoying when the player complaints are ridiculous. Not all of them are, but man, some complaints just feel glitchy.

Oh, you're an 18 year old Hot Prospect and you have started every second league match? Of course I would love to speak to you about LACK OF FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL. How the **** much do you expect to be playing then?

Really hope that dynamic gets sorted for FM17. ****** annoying when the player complaints are ridiculous. Not all of them are, but man, some complaints just feel glitchy.

Same game, second season. Another 18 year old Hot Prospect does the same thing. He is my #2 striker and was seeing relatively regular matches, I promised him first team football. Which he was already getting. There is less than 3 weeks left on that promise, he has appeared in 17 of the last 20 matches, started 8 of the last 12 matches, and he's still showing as "feels time is running out on chances of first team football". Best part - he has 19 professionalism. I legit don't understand how you are supposed to keep players happy in the game at his point.

Same game, second season. Another 18 year old Hot Prospect does the same thing. He is my #2 striker and was seeing relatively regular matches, I promised him first team football. Which he was already getting. There is less than 3 weeks left on that promise, he has appeared in 17 of the last 20 matches, started 8 of the last 12 matches, and he's still showing as "feels time is running out on chances of first team football". Best part - he has 19 professionalism. I legit don't understand how you are supposed to keep players happy in the game at his point.

****** me off when you have a 17 year old left back, not played a first team game yet and you don't register him in the champions league squad so he kicks off!

Just use that In-Game Editor of yours and make him happy again (H)

Just use that In-Game Editor of yours and make him happy again (H)

Lol that was my backup plan. The promise showed as yellow right up until the end, when he finally said he was happy with the amount of matches. If he wasn't satisfied, I was just gonna do that. Which I would prefer to avoid. Just goes back to my original point that the interactions feel glitch and unrealistic. I know it was worse in the earlier versions of FM16, but still.... It shouldn't be necessary to use an in-game editor, especially as it doesn't come with one by default.