Still have FM 2015 installed too and some curious matches, such as an AI managed Real Madrid fielding Ronaldo with his deservedly shoots at every opportunity trait fielded as a lone forward on attack duty off a flat midfield, which makes him run far ahead of everyone on each attack and the focal point. When the ball gets to his he tends to be without players to pass to, so takes shots. 40 attempts, zero return for Real.

This is such a good point, so many players look blindly at the stats and blames the game for their own shortcomings!

I feel the game is almost too easy, I beat AC Milan twice in the 1/16 Europa League knockout with Lillestrom from Norway season 2. 1st season I got 3rd place in Norway to qualify for EL-qualifications. Too easy to build a great team.

Hello everyone.
Probably someone already complained about these topics but here they go.

I had one save with Benfica. 2 seasons in and Nico Gaitan won 2nd place behind Messi on the golden ball lol
Also Jimenez was top European goalscorer with around 50 goals a season.
Now....neither of these players ever had anyone come forward and bid for them in 2 seasons.....
Come on....I was happy to keep them but is the game telling me no one wants to spend some cash on the 2nd best player in Europe or on its best goalscorer.....seriously....

Then on another save with Stockport I am 3 and a half seasons in.
Somehow managed to win 3 divisions in a row....seems like I am a good manager....who knows...
Again, I had not a single bid for any of my players.....even when I had a young 18 year old winger being the best player ever on the league....top scorer and top assists....and no one wants him....seriously....no one from some higher league wants to invest on him.....
Also, no bids for me either besides......Jamaica national team loool Even if I already have some games with tv coverage.....must be Jamaican tv channel only. Ohh well....Jamaicans seem to have been the only ones noticing this crazy manager winning 3 divisions in a row....good for them because I already won them some Caribean Cup.

So....transfers are completely messed up.

From what I can see, the AI is too much focused on Potencial Ability and absolutely ignores the actual performances of the players. Now this is some very dumb programing.....I have no other words for it.

When you score in the last minute, so you think you have won.

You then proceed to concede AFTER the allotted time, taking the game to Extra Time.

Just after the half time break in ET, you concede straight from the kickoff.

And it's the EL Final. ****** marvellous.

View attachment 134657

As manager of both England and Manchester United, I had a very bittersweet victory at Euro 2020.

While playing France in the final, one of my own players (for England) injured Anthony Martial (later found out that he would be out for the entire season) who is my star striker and was top scoring in the league last season scoring 45 goals.

We won the match and the tournament but I didn't enjoy the victory as much as I should knowing one of my best players and biggest source of goals would be out all season.

I did just sign Ronaldo on a 1 season £400k-a-week contract though and can play either him or Memphis up front ahead of my other backup strikers like Andrea Belotti.

I've since resigned from the post as England manager to focus entirely on United after a trophyless season (I had always planned to resign after the euros anyway) and to prevent anymore self inflicted injury problems.

TL;DR - Me winning Euro 2020 with England meant causing my star striker for Manchester United (Anthony Martial) got injured for the entire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a squad of 22 players....currently 8 are injured.....8!!!!!!!

DC 3 to 4 weeks
DR 3 weeks
DL 6 days to 2 weeks
MR 5 to 7 weeks
MR 1 to 4 days
MA 6 to 11 days
SC 5 to 7 weeks
SC 3 months

Enough said.......

For the third time in my ongoing FM16 save, I have been sacked because the club I was managing has been taken over by a new board and they want to install their own manager.

I had Southampton 5th in the Premier League in season 2 but got the sack; I took over at Everton after they had just been relegated to the Championship, got them to the top of the table mid-way through the season and got sacked; and now, I have taken Aston Villa - who narrowly avoided relegation last season - to 10th place in the Premier League and got the boot anyway.

I'm all for making FM realistic, but it's supposed to be a game and this recurring event has totally prevented me from getting stuck into my save and - ultimately - from enjoying this edition of the game.

View attachment 133920

For the third time in my ongoing FM16 save, I have been sacked because the club I was managing has been taken over by a new board and they want to install their own manager.

I had Southampton 5th in the Premier League in season 2 but got the sack; I took over at Everton after they had just been relegated to the Championship, got them to the top of the table mid-way through the season and got sacked; and now, I have taken Aston Villa - who narrowly avoided relegation last season - to 10th place in the Premier League and got the boot anyway.

I'm all for making FM realistic, but it's supposed to be a game and this recurring event has totally prevented me from getting stuck into my save and - ultimately - from enjoying this edition of the game.

View attachment 1071293

Hands up if that Garitano guy is wrong.

-hand goes up-

World wide reputation. Im with Man Utd 5th season, the following players have either won the World Player of Year, World Team of the Year or EPL player of the year, Pogba, Shaw, Depay, Barbosa, Martial, B.Silva, Benatia, Laporte, Darmian & Herrera and only Pogba is considered to have world wide rep and that was because I signed him when he already had that rep. We are the richest club and 3rd in World Rankings, 1 more year and we will be 1st easy, 4 titles, 3 FA Cups, runner up twice in CL. All except Darmian are rated as Stars or World Class. Darmian got 22 assists in EPL last year. I can never get players to World Wide Rep which is BS coz some players in other teams are at world wide n barely play.

When these are the defending fk instructions...

View attachment 133501

...and then you see only 2 players forming the wall...

View attachment 133500

...you concede a goal from the direct free kick and you're kicked out of the cup final, then you know there is something wrong with this game....

Predictable Goals...
Also winning by 2 goals up till the 79th min then losing 3-2, happens a lot.

Beat title rivals away from 3-1. Lose to bottom of the league 3-1, only their second win of the season but they randomly turned into Barcelona. Inch perfect crosses, unstoppable finishes and a 30 yard screamer from a guy with an attribute of 6 in long shots. I laugh when I see "scripted" posts and threads but I'm feeling rather hard done by this time. :(

My frustration is trying to make a thread requesting tactical advice, but FM-base won't let me because I don't have 10 posts yet or whatever.

Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.

It doesn't even have any images or URLs.

The incredibly stupid morale runs......

When you jut get unlucky and get someone sent off or a couple games going wrong. And then the team crashes and absolutely get in shambles.

This is ridiculous how often it can happen.

And again...this makes for some very random league tables....teams suddenly come up several positions and others crash down because of this.

And by the way, this sometimes makes the game very easy because maybe once in 5 seasons will you get some team that can cruise through the league and give you a tough fight.
All other seasons will be just waiting to see everyone else get their bad run and go away.
Sometimes we can get 20 points in the lead and then we get our bad run and loose some 10 points in a row because.....reasons....

Like a friend of mine told me: The logic of this game is.....no logic

Predictable Goals...
Also winning by 2 goals up till the 79th min then losing 3-2, happens a lot.

Ohhh....this happens a lot because the people behind these games think comebacks are epic....lol

In real life, stuff like Manchester scoring a couple goals against Bayern in the last minutes is legendary because it does not happen a lot......

But...again....the people behind this game think this is fun because......reasons.....

Now honestly, I think the problem at core is they want to develop the morale side of the game...and they are not doing it well.
This is obviously a very hardcore challenge they want to place onto themselves. I would not go there....I don't think any AI can simulate the specifics of human behavior and group dynamics....so they are destined to fail in epic ways.
What we have in our hands is a game that would like to give people the experience of managing different personalities and team mindsets.....but fails miserably to do it and in the process generates some very random collateral damage.

Like...
Epic comebacks left and right due to winning team getting complacent and loosing team being fired up with aggressive talks.
Morale runs which can throw teams into shambles for god knows how long.
Players being unhappy and disrupting the whole squad morale.

All these are just epic collateral damages of trying to simulate human behavior and human group dynamics.

Last edited:
Ohhh....this happens a lot because the people behind these games think comebacks are epic....lol

In real life, stuff like Manchester scoring a couple goals against Bayern in the last minutes is legendary because it does not happen a lot......

But...again....the people behind this game think this is fun because......reasons.....

Now honestly, I think the problem at core is they want to develop the morale side of the game...and they are not doing it well.
This is obviously a very hardcore challenge they want to place onto themselves. I would not go there....I don't think any AI can simulate the specifics of human behavior and group dynamics....so they are destined to fail in epic ways.
What we have in our hands is a game that would like to give people the experience of managing different personalities and team mindsets.....but fails miserably to do it and in the process generates some very random collateral damage.

Like...
Epic comebacks left and right due to winning team getting complacent and loosing team being fired up with aggressive talks.
Morale runs which can throw teams into shambles for god knows how long.
Players being unhappy and disrupting the whole squad morale.

All these are just epic collateral damages of trying to simulate human behavior and human group dynamics.
It's got f- all to do with morale and completely about tactical changes. The AI won't just roll over. At some point they will want to come back into the match and try to win it. If you allow that, it'll happen.

My frustration of this game is watching the game on comprehensive and when a highlight starts, you end up watching a stupid player being offside, or a stupid pass to some player who have been 10KM in offside, or just simply stupid passes to offside.
also, when there is a throw-outs, next to the corner area, the player who throw it to another player stays in offside, and the stupid player that was free to get the pass, of curse return the ball back to the guy was throwing the ball in and which stays offside.
i would understand if such of scenarios would happens sometimes in a while, because when players gets tired they won't really think clearly and does such of stupid passes etc... but i don't understand why it would happen almost every game, maybe 80% of the games i played, + it happens also with intelligent players.
Why should i waste time watching a 10 second highlight just to watch such of stupid passes which is no doubt a bug in my opinion. could also related to a highlight bug?! whatever it called.

The injuries in this game is clearly also a bug which is so annoying.
yes, you can have injuries during season, but seriously, in one week i can end up with 9 injuries (senior team ofcurse), most of them for few weeks, and few for 3-4 months.
and no, that's ain't training issues or coaches, however it could be a facilities but, come on, lots of people complaining about the same issues even when they play with high reputable teams... with higher facilities and coaching levels.
I really really doubt that im gonna purchase fm17. (not a threat, lol just what i experienced with fm16 made me think in this way).
funny fact is, i was waiting for all the patches from SI to release and then to get fm16, but, i realized after i bought fm16 it was better if i would stick with fm15 (just because of the bugs).
Bugs will always be a part of gaming, but we are talking about bugs that occurs in every save and they are annoying!
you end up purchasing a final product, but you get such of annoying bugs which makes the game unplayable.

There are other things that cannot come to my mind right now, but they are not really makes the game unplayable such as what i've mentioned here.
this is from my perspective, maybe you disagree with me, but that's from my point of view.

hugely disappointment of FM16
sorry for my English.

Last edited:
The injuries in this game is clearly also a bug which is so annoying.
yes, you can have injuries during season, but seriously, in one week i can end up with 9 injuries (senior team ofcurse), most of them for few weeks, and few for 3-4 months.
and no, that's ain't training issues or coaches, however it could be a facilities but, come on, lots of people complaining about the same issues even when they play with high reputable teams... with higher facilities and coaching levels.
I really really doubt that im gonna purchase fm17. (not a threat, lol just what i experienced with fm16 made me think in this way).
There just isn't an injury bug. We're lucky (unfortunately) that we're only getting around 70% of the amount of injuries compared to real life.

There just isn't an injury bug. We're lucky (unfortunately) that we're only getting around 70% of the amount of injuries compared to real life.

Show me any team in any European league with 8 players injured from their A squad at the same time.
Just indulge me....

It can well be that in total the game is programed to have 70% of real life injuries.
The issues are with injury time and with when they happen.
And here the game makes it quite....lets say....unlucky.....

After you play 4 or 5 seasons you will see 6 to 8 players injured once or twice.
But this is something that does not happen in real life...not at the same time.

I cant even remember Manchester United having 6 first team players injured at once......
Or Chelsea.....

Can you tell me if and when this happened.....

Injuries should maybe happen more often but be less severe on average and be more mixed along the season.

Show me any team in any European league with 8 players injured from their A squad at the same time.
Just indulge me....

It can well be that in total the game is programed to have 70% of real life injuries.
The issues are with injury time and with when they happen.
And here the game makes it quite....lets say....unlucky.....

After you play 4 or 5 seasons you will see 6 to 8 players injured once or twice.
But this is something that does not happen in real life...not at the same time.

I cant even remember Manchester United having 6 first team players injured at once......
Or Chelsea.....

Can you tell me if and when this happened.....

Injuries should maybe happen more often but be less severe on average and be more mixed along the season.
Then you haven't looked. English teams especially had up to 12 and 13 players out at a stage last season and the season before.