Post your frustrations - FM23 edition

It’s not one offs! This game is beyond taking the p1ss, the developers are taking people for a ride with this ME now.

Attachments

• 0B2FE170-9055-4896-AD3D-A87C7CC9CC24.jpeg
    0B2FE170-9055-4896-AD3D-A87C7CC9CC24.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 172
  • 40DED936-3C42-4065-B0D1-DAFAF8EAA1C1.jpeg
    40DED936-3C42-4065-B0D1-DAFAF8EAA1C1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 171
  • 6702E18B-1407-4EE2-B2B9-BF6AFB847E13.jpeg
    6702E18B-1407-4EE2-B2B9-BF6AFB847E13.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 191
It is completely normal that the club 42 shots have 41% possession. LOL
This game can be funny.

People say FIFA is scripted, but FM is genuinely worse now. The match engine might be fluid, but it's just so predictable and unbalanced. I've been FM'd again and again and again to the point where I want to stop playing the game for the first time in over 10 years. It's truly pathetic how bad this year's game is in terms of enjoyment, and for a game to pride itself on being a realistic simulator, it has fallen so far short of the mark. It's so frequent I have actually started keeping a log of every single FMing I've had in just over a season at Stoke.

Attachments

• FM'd - 1.jpg
    FM'd - 1.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 165
  • FM'd - 2.jpg
    FM'd - 2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 130
  • FM'd - 3.jpg
    FM'd - 3.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 106
  • FM'd - 5.jpg
    FM'd - 5.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 94
  • FM'd - 4.jpg
    FM'd - 4.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 83
  • FM'd - 6.jpg
    FM'd - 6.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 68
  • FM'd - 7.jpg
    FM'd - 7.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 61
  • FM'd - 8.jpg
    FM'd - 8.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 61
  • FM'd - 9.jpg
    FM'd - 9.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 167
My issues about scouting. I think I figured out scouting in FM23. I only sign unattached and carefully watch scouting market. What's learned is that I noticed ABC+ grading recommendation correspond very well to Potential column. Sometimes I see A- surrounded by sorted A+ makes me think either my scouts incorrectly rated the player as A- when in fact it is A+. Or, the player is among A+ in Potential Ability but has lower Current Ability, making him a A-.

Frankly if my observation is correct, then why did SI convoluted scouting system AND made it easily telling who are goodies to go after? I got promoted 3 times in thie last 5 years from rock bottom. While tactic discussion on this website tremendously helped a lot with that, scouting also was significantly helpful too.

I'd like scouting to go back to what it was. let me figure out which one is good and not. I don't want the new scouting to tell me descending order sorted by A+ to down below which are the great players. It's dumbed down. Newer FM players might disagree with me here.

The unbelievable mistakes have started creeping back in, out of nowhere, that seem to happen just to force results. I find it impossible to believe that Sensei can constantly be playing 7.2 games and then make a massive **** up that always leads to a goal. Has happened 5 games in a row. One game he literally ran under the ball to allow a late equaliser for 19th placed Sheff Utd. With their first **** if the game.

Also, and this is a big one, the constant terrible ratings. Especially for Strikers. I have Ivan Toney up front and over and over he gets a 6.3 or a 6.4. In the 3 and a bit seasons I've been playing, my striker, whoever it has been, has been utterly dreadful. I've tried various roles and it makes no difference. I'd have qualified for Europe had my striker not ended the season with 6 gos and an average rating of 6.56. They miss over and over and yet random AI teams players score with apparent ease.

Explain this to me!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 14.57.05.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 14.57.05.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 180
after the patchi'm seeing some odd defensive things popping up again.
not to mention the 5 games with a penalty against in a row....
(i do not have get stuck in on btw)

my defenders now cannot get a rating over a 6.7 unless they give an assist or get a goal, also a bit odd.

but overall it does seem a bit better

The amount of disallowed goals since the new patch is not funny anymore

Attachments

• Achterlijk.jpg
    Achterlijk.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 144
Whenever I try and search for something like "FM23 too many mistakes leading to goals", firstly, I never find anything. Which is odd because it happens almost every game. Premier league players don't make bonkers errors every game that directly keas to goals.

Secondly, for whatever reason I get search results littered with "how to break the MW" or "exploit the AI". This only goes to show how dumb this game has become whereby you literally are finding a way to break this year's serving, rather than try and simulate football by implementing a tactical style.

Even as I am being successful in the game, it is insane the amount of times I drop points because my CBs pass straight to an unmarked AI player. It feels like the AI is exploring the ME to beat me by just churning out unforced errors over and over.

The other frequent error is a wide player suddenly being unable to control a pass, the AIs defender sprints like Usain Bolt to the loose ball and pinging a first time pin point 60 yard ball to the striker who scores. It's so unreasonable that this would happen so often.

Whenever I try and search for something like "FM23 too many mistakes leading to goals", firstly, I never find anything. Which is odd because it happens almost every game. Premier league players don't make bonkers errors every game that directly keas to goals.

Secondly, for whatever reason I get search results littered with "how to break the MW" or "exploit the AI". This only goes to show how dumb this game has become whereby you literally are finding a way to break this year's serving, rather than try and simulate football by implementing a tactical style.

Even as I am being successful in the game, it is insane the amount of times I drop points because my CBs pass straight to an unmarked AI player. It feels like the AI is exploring the ME to beat me by just churning out unforced errors over and over.

The other frequent error is a wide player suddenly being unable to control a pass, the AIs defender sprints like Usain Bolt to the loose ball and pinging a first time pin point 60 yard ball to the striker who scores. It's so unreasonable that this would happen so often.

If anyone doesnt believe this, they are either a fanboy, or just plain deluded.

TWO away games running, ive had exactly the same pattern happen to me. Dominate the game like mad, but concede a couple of early goals to the AI who suddenly turn into the sharpest shooting strikers in the world.

So you batter away at them constantly and force tons of chances, tons of shots, tons of disallowed goals (im talking minimum 2 each game, and how often does that happen for real?).....then we actually SCORE two goals to make it 2-2......

And then a brain dead defender finds a way to pass to their striker at some point late in the 2nd half because the game has decided what should happen before the game starts, so it thinks....."****.....how am I going to make sure the human player loses, so the result is the one that the number generator decided before we kicked off"????

No one even TRIES to simulate real football. Tactics look absolutely ridiculous, stats look ridiculous, and the game is simply about outsmarting a rubbish match engine, not applying football principles.

I hate what this joke of a game series has become.

If anyone doesnt believe this, they are either a fanboy, or just plain deluded.

TWO away games running, ive had exactly the same pattern happen to me. Dominate the game like mad, but concede a couple of early goals to the AI who suddenly turn into the sharpest shooting strikers in the world.

So you batter away at them constantly and force tons of chances, tons of shots, tons of disallowed goals (im talking minimum 2 each game, and how often does that happen for real?).....then we actually SCORE two goals to make it 2-2......

And then a brain dead defender finds a way to pass to their striker at some point late in the 2nd half because the game has decided what should happen before the game starts, so it thinks....."****.....how am I going to make sure the human player loses, so the result is the one that the number generator decided before we kicked off"????

No one even TRIES to simulate real football. Tactics look absolutely ridiculous, stats look ridiculous, and the game is simply about outsmarting a rubbish match engine, not applying football principles.

I hate what this joke of a game series has become.

Another thing I would add to my post and your reply, the amount of games whereby a rubbish, bottom of the table type team, has 35% possession, 70% accuracy, and yet have like 20 shots is insane. I don't know how my team with 65% of the ball, 90% accuracy and yet can only manage two or three shots. It makes no sense.

I recently played Southampton and this very thing happened. They couldn't string a pass together and yet still managed to beat me 0-3. I'm sitting in fourth with Bristol City and they were 16th. We'd just beaten Juve in Turin, they'd lost five in a row. And yet they just had chance after chance as my CBs kept giving the ball away, not picking up their markers, standing still while long balls are boomed forwards.

I have found a system whereby I can squeeze out wins, but every game I am at the mercy of the ME deciding to make my players do dumb stuff. It happens nearly every game. That is not to mention the mistakes the keepers makes every third game. I've had four keepers in 5 seasons and it has happened to all of them. I currently have de Keijzer who has many 16s, a few 15s. Eccentricity of 2 and yet every third game, he will do something wildly eccentric that leads to a goal.

All I wanna see is a team having to play well to beat me, not the ME deciding now is the time the AI will score so bang goes form and stats and attributes.

Alberto Moleiro. The perfect Inverted Winger. Natural in that position. Crossing 15, dribbling 18, finishing 14, first touch 16, passing 16, Technique 17, composure 15, decision 16, flair 17, vision 18. Great physical stats and none of his mental stats are below 12. And yet I rarely get anything other than a 6.3/6.4 out if him. It is truly mystifying how my players attributes rarely match the performances I see from them.

With Moleiro, he has a shot on target ratio of 16% from 51 shots. Just three goals. This despite all of his shots being inside the box. Utterly baffling that a player with his stats in a system set up to get IWs into scoring positions is so bad.

If none of my players have the "doesn't like big game" trait, what is the mechanism in place in the game that seems to not only turn my team into jibbering morons in big games but makes the teams I'm playing form completely change?

I lost to Tottenham in the CL 2nd round 4-0, after beating them 1-0 in the first leg. But prior to the second leg, Spurs had scored one goal in 7 games. Not only did they score four, they had 29 shots to my 2. My team didn't do any of the things they normally do.

I then had Spurs again the next game in the league and lost 3-0. This time they had the same amount of shots but we managed 4. I have the league's 3rd highest possession, Spurs 14th, and yet we managed just 34% of the ball.

We then played West Ham in the QF who are mid table and in decent form. But they dominated me. My technical players literally unable to pass or control the ball, my defenders not following any instructions.

With a home draw with Man It'd (15th in the league, loosing Rooney's first 4 games in charge) we have dropped out of the top four and out of both cups. Seemingly out of nowhere we've not only dropped points (not a problem, it happens) but the team are not playing anything like they've played all season. It is absolutely mental that we all of a sudden seem unable to play the system we've been using for years.