Aannddyy

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
The number 1 stop for moaning about your FM save!

[I will open this on Nov 2nd, to avoid people spamming with bug complaints!]

The number 1 stop for moaning about your FM save!

[I will open this on Nov 2nd, to avoid people spamming with bug complaints!]

Arghh Andy you actually need to open the thread!

My main frustration right now all the misinformed people complaining about the match engine and that this is the sole reason they cannot win a game

My fullbacks all think they're Roberto Carlos and insist on trying to score from a 1 degree angle rather than square to the abundance of players in the middle waiting.

My main frustration right now all the misinformed people complaining about the match engine and that this is the sole reason they cannot win a game

I agree, I don't seem to have any issues with my game at all..........here are my results

5-4 away Reading
3-1 home Spartak Moscow
1-0 home Norwich
3-1 away Spartak Moscow

also beat Genoa, Barca, and some portugal team all 1-0 in pre season, I ain't noticed any dodgy defending at all, apart from the game at Reading, but I was 4-1 up then changed my formation to control from attacking, so I put the leak in goals for the tactical tweak..........apart from that it's been standard FM.

Its not just not being able to win.

I win and take no satisfaction because the goals scored are not realistic, not every goal in football is a 25 yard worldey, nor is it a barn storming run like Giggs goal against arsenal FA cup 99.

Then comes the gk, one minute he's pulling off a gordon banks style save the next minute he's never even seen a football?

I see why people might be frustrated with the game, match engine etc. But I am enjoying it :D If you simply take your mind away from the result, it's football as well as the occasional comedy. Superb entertainment.

GK problemsssss

For example, opponents forward kick the ball really slowly from middle of the pitch, then my gk just watch the ball and do nothing the save. RESULT: I watched slow motion goal.

The match engine Is unbearable.

I didnt mind It being abit dodgy the first time round as It was the first time trying It out, fair enough, this Is now the 3rd/4th year with the ability to watch the match and Its got even worse! Its like my players are stupid, they will be running with the ball and then just leave It behind randomly. Goal I just conceded: long ball over the top, my defender has a 7 or 8 yard head start, jogs to the ball, just wins it, but stands there instead of clearing it, gets tackled, then backs away from It, the other player gets it and scores.

I mean wtf

My main frustration is the fact that SI have released an unfinished game. It could have been the best one yet...

My main frustration is all the people who criticize SI and complain about the match engine. You cant ask a computer program to mimic real life football as its unpredictable. Its as real as football management is going to get on a game so people should just learn to enjoy the game for what it is.

I've tried creating tactics that score goals, I've tried balanced tactics, defensive tactics, even fully TC tactics and I can't win.

Most of the time the players pass the ball around fine, they break decently enough, but my strikers barely shoot and this causes the midfield to just take pointless long shots. I know lots of people have been complaining about the ME and others have said it isn't that bad but frankly I just want to know when theres going to be a new patch because right now I'm finding the whole game massively tedious and really can't be bothered playing more than 1 match when I play it.

I must have played like 35 proper matches and lost 30 of them!

EDIT: I personally have found that using settings closer to the TC's settings creates a slightly more consistant and less inept team, however I will say that the most obvious flaws are still causing me to not really enjoy the game, I've just found a way to make it more bearable to play!

2nd EDIT: Or not! the amount of penalties I'm conceding is ridiculous, the amount of goals I'm conceding from crosses is ridiculous, goalkeepers are awful, DC's are abysmal I am seriously disillusioned with this game, its unplayable right now.

I know FM will improve in the next patch but I don't know if I can be bothered with it until then, I just can't find a reason to play it when its in this condition. The thing I really hate about this is that the improvements in the game outside of the ME are really good and I'm really enjoying those parts of the game but every time I play a match, I have to stop myself from either rage quitting or throwing my laptop at the wall. :mad:

Last edited:
My main frustration is all the people who criticize SI and complain about the match engine. You cant ask a computer program to mimic real life football as its unpredictable. Its as real as football management is going to get on a game so people should just learn to enjoy the game for what it is.

People has a right to critize anything that they bought. Clearly, Match engine of the FM 2013 is not working properly. Therefore, I can not use this (unfinished) product. Every people that bought this game has a right to critize this ME. This is not related with computer programming or real life football. If you earn million euros from only one product, you have to pay its debt. We played old series of this game but I am sure that this match engine of that game is ****. If I cant play the game with lower leage teams, what is equivalent for my money ?

I am very angry to SI because I can buy only one game per year and I just want to enjoy with game, not to watch silly defenders or blind goalkeepers. I am just a customer that want to use this product everyone else in this website.

I was finding it difficult enough when playing the BETA, but I kept my chin up and told myself it was part of the challenge.

Since the full release, I can't win a game. I can barely even score a goal. I thought I was some way towards figuring the game out, but I am literally bewildered.

I don't put any of my frustrations down to the ME, because I feel it runs deeper than that. I'm just finding it way too hard to balance everything.

Match engine is broken, team talks are broken, defenders are retarded, pitch has turned to ice. Can't believe I spent money on this. Very dissapointed in SI.

people seriously, its a brand new ME give them time, atleast they took a risk in CHANGING the game making it interesting with new features and for everyones information EA Sports just released an update for the PC version of Fifa13 so it aint just FM13 that has some problems as alot of people are saying this wouldnt happen with EA Sports...give them time to fix the problems with the NEW features and if u feel its un-playable then play FM12 till the patches are released

The management side of the game has been great, but on the field has been a nightmare. I have seen sieves less leaky than my defence. This could just be down to me not being very good at the game but what ever I try I seem to be conceding 25yrd wonder strikes as well as play running straight through my defence.
Have to say though, after not buying last years game and making do with LFCMarshals transfer updates the changes to the management side have been nice, even if the interface has taken some getting used to. Also the matches look alot better compared to FM11, the players look like they are kicking the ball. All I need now are the results to start coming...

10 things i hate about FM2013

1) i still couldn't get more than 60% possession consistently even with every players including goalkeeper set passing to the shortest
2) goalkeeper didn't distribute the ball to the player i asked him to
3) strikers/wingers can score goal from the most acute angle possible
4) strikers can easily out-sprint my defenders and score goals no matter how bad his acceleration was compared to my defender
5) tactics keep on disappearing during the match!
6) ...ok i kid. just 5.

10 things i hate about FM2013

1) 60% possession is huge. Don't think of it as '10 points more than 50%', think of it as having the ball for 50% longer than the other team. You will only get 50% more possession than another team, even a pretty bad one, if they park the bus and refuse to attempt to win the ball outside the penalty area.

5) There's an 'auto-hide' option somewhere you can turn off. Sorry, don't have time to dig out exactly where, but it was annoying me as well so I looked and found it :)

I couldn`t agree more! I have exacly the same issues! My CD`s just stand and watch their strikers run past them and score! My CM`s have 7-9 shots on goal pr. match ( even when longshots is rarely ) while my strikers are hardly in the game ( Rvp and Rooney have less than 7.0 average rating after 14 games, Rvp scored 5, Rooney 1 ) The only positions that seems to somewhat work decently is the wingers ( ive played Kagawa as a AP on the left and valencia as a winger on the right ). valencia has like 12-15 crosses into the box but nooen there to score! Im gonna take a break from the game, huugly dissapointed to be honest, feels like wasting time playing right now.. Hope things get better..