Just to clarify, is the game just harder to play or is there problems with it?

- Defenders can't defend for toffee.
- You want to play like Barcelona? Your GK will do his best to make sure you play like Stoke! (HOOF)
- GKs let in appalling efforts.
- Terrible teams seem to play mindblowing one-touch football against you. Possibly linked with this, I always seem to see bad teams very high up the table.
- Players seem to play at a rapid tempo despite being instructed to play a slow possession game (which worked exceptionally well on FM 12). Because of this, possession tactics just don't work, and every game seems to involve >10 shots from both sides...No control at al.
- Too many long-shots despite all my players being told not to. (and no, this isn't down to PPMs, and it isn't down to me allocating too much creative freedom)
- Team talks. Surely I don't need to elaborate on this? I think that not even a speech from Winston Churchill could motivate these players! You're winning 1-0 at half term, well done (calmly), *seemed confused* /sigh

That's just off the top of my head - Basically I'm waiting for a patch to fix this game and have gone back to FM 12 for the time being. I'm not complaining for the sake of it; I'm no noob and have enjoyed all the games so far, but I can see the above problems and they absolutely must be fixed.

Last edited:
Haha, what a game.. In the begin it's hopefull, but when it really starts :S ..

-Strikers needs so many chances, and the team I'm playing against just need one or two chances to score 4.
-Goals getting rejected for your team

Just right now, three goals got rejected in one game. They all followed each other up. The other team (FC Zwolle) scored in the 92th minute the 1-0. And they are a team that just got promoted this season.

List of games: View image: Vitesse

Hate 2 play it. Can't wait untill the update/patch.

Last edited:
I was winning 4-0 at sturm graz with manchester city and lot the game 5-4 (tis could simply be FMC or my computer) I restarted a proper fm league with man city again and I lost the first game to wigan missingone penalty and three shots from the small box. It's monday 5th an there' an update fo footie manager I hope they fixeed at least the empty net misses.

How about this for a frustration, royal mail supposedly couldn't post my FIRST CLASS copy through the letter box even though its perfectly possible to do so. Then I go to the depot to find it and they can't find it. I've had to wait all weekend for a call and finally getting it tomorrow- very angry :mad:

My main frustration is all the people who criticize SI and complain about the match engine.
People have a right to complain bro, I spent $40 on this game and don't get me wrong I LOVE the football Manager series, but so far for me anyway in its current state its completely unplayable and not enjoyable at all. Very disappointing and hoping for a good patch soon.

- Team talks. Surely I don't need to elaborate on this? I think that not even a speech from Winston Churchill could motivate these players! You're winning 1-0 at half term, well done (calmly), *seemed confused* /sigh.

While I will concur that there is definitely a problem getting a reaction during team talks, maybe you could try being passionate. Or, depending on who you're playing against, tell them to not get complacent and to see the game out.

How about this for a frustration, royal mail supposedly couldn't post my FIRST CLASS copy through the letter box even though its perfectly possible to do so. Then I go to the depot to find it and they can't find it. I've had to wait all weekend for a call and finally getting it tomorrow- very angry :mad:

This is for frustrations about the actual game, not the Royal Mail.

My repeated attempts to get my liverpool save to be decent is infuriating.
I consistently beat the top teams (man u 1-2 liverpool) (liverpool 6-2 chelsea) (liverpool 5-3 man city) and then lose rediculously to teams like southampton and neftci baku. lost to southampton 5-1.

The lower teams seem to play like barcelona it is rediculous and my defenders just dont defend.

Have to agree with most people in this thread, regarding ME etc.

People saying we are wrong to be criticising the game need to think again. If you pay money for something you expect it to be finished.

This will be my last year buying Football Manager. For me, FM'09 was it's peak. What a game that was. Ever since, I feel it has went down hill and this year is the final straw. My players can't even learn tactics?!?!!??! No matter what I do?!

Fed up with the game already. Sort it soon SI, or I'm out.

i dont find it that bad, only time ive really questioned it was when i got beat 7-1 at home of basel & im dortmund, also i was on a undefeated run & basel arent exactly barcelona or something are they, other than that the games fine in my opinion, obviously defenders are going to muck up a few things as they do in life thats football. None the less i won the league with dortmund now in my 2nd season, another thing i also found quite annoying i was trying to get Marc-André ter Stegen they wanted 18mill so i offered that reluctantly then they ask for 30mill, whats going on man hes only valued at 6 mill LOL.

right ive had enough now only had a couple little niggles with the game but nothing major but now im getting crash dumps all the ******* time and i keep losing half a season or more coz i dnt auto save!!! Seriously i dnt think ive played a fm that has had more errors than this one seriously SI get ya act together and make a proper updated patch. Sooo ****** think this will be my last football manager purchase

Had a media message that I'm not enjoying the best of starts after beating Dortmund in the CL groups with Ajax.

*only* won 6 out of 10 games, only games I lost were away to Vitesse and Feyenoord. Beat Milan 4-0 at the San Siro, just beat Dortmund, won the Super Cup against PSV, won every home game since I got given 3 away games to start the league.

y u hate me media?!

Had a media message that I'm not enjoying the best of starts after beating Dortmund in the CL groups with Ajax.

*only* won 6 out of 10 games, only games I lost were away to Vitesse and Feyenoord. Beat Milan 4-0 at the San Siro, just beat Dortmund, won the Super Cup against PSV, won every home game since I got given 3 away games to start the league.

y u hate me media?!

Gotta do better than that man-I'd be pretty disappointed myself ;)

Maybe you're doing something in the press conferences? The tones now have an impact on how they view you and write about you. I've stormed out once cause I got the same question repeatedly asked (unsurprisingly from BBC) and they pretty much weren't so nice to me afterwards

Gotta do better than that man-I'd be pretty disappointed myself ;)

Maybe you're doing something in the press conferences? The tones now have an impact on how they view you and write about you. I've stormed out once cause I got the same question repeatedly asked (unsurprisingly from BBC) and they pretty much weren't so nice to me afterwards

I thought beating Dortmund after getting Blind sent off in the 20th min and Eriksen injured in the 25th was pretty good myself. :(

Half of my conferences I do send Cruyff.

I thought beating Dortmund after getting Blind sent off in the 20th min and Eriksen injured in the 25th was pretty good myself. :(

Half of my conferences I do send Cruyff.

Hm. Does seem a bit odd like.

I never let my assistant manager do the conferences as I do them all myself-let them do it in FM12 and there were a few cockups, and a few team talks went badly too. I do all the donkey work myself.

the main problem for me is form. I went on a 12 run unbeaten spree with spurs. lost one and then all of a sudden i havent won in 6.

its just not realistic. I beat man u, city and liverpool in that run and now i get beat by reading who are 20th with 2 points.

its happened to me every file i have had on 13. needs fixing.

I fail to the see the un-realism in this? Last year in real life Man Utd got beat by Blackburn at Old Trafford..

If anything thats real life Premier League madness..
The ME is flawed, but getting beat by reading just because you beat City/Utd/Pool doesn't mean a thing.

Arsenal beat Liverpool this season and lost to Norwich.

i dont find it that bad, only time ive really questioned it was when i got beat 7-1 at home of basel & im dortmund, also i was on a undefeated run & basel arent exactly barcelona or something are they, other than that the games fine in my opinion, obviously defenders are going to muck up a few things as they do in life thats football. None the less i won the league with dortmund now in my 2nd season, another thing i also found quite annoying i was trying to get Marc-André ter Stegen they wanted 18mill so i offered that reluctantly then they ask for 30mill, whats going on man hes only valued at 6 mill LOL.

Mike Bassett would sort that out. Legend.

But seriously, that hasn't happened to me, but it would be frustrating if they then up the price AFTER you accept there offer..But I always try to look at these things logically (in a game..ya really :p) and they could do that in real life,IE up the price just because..But you'd think a game would be more linear in that sense.

Something is only worth what your prepared to pay.

Its the un-realistic pricing of players that really irks me. Been stupid since champ man 99 IMO
Although I digress, this season has seen some of the bigger names (Falcao/Navas/Llorente) move for figures which are realistic to real life valuations.

Oh and: Valuation 6million
Club wants 13million
You offer anything less than the 13million and you get laughed at..even if its 12,750,000!!!

Hm. Does seem a bit odd like.

I never let my assistant manager do the conferences as I do them all myself-let them do it in FM12 and there were a few cockups, and a few team talks went badly too. I do all the donkey work myself.

best way, I love full control, I thought the personal assistant was a nice touch, but I have assighed everything to me anyway.

best way, I love full control, I thought the personal assistant was a nice touch, but I have assighed everything to me anyway.

Yeah I'm a bit of a power ***** lol. Oversee reserve matches, handle youth intake, deal with the contracts....whole 9 yards. Assistant manager must be sick of his life at times lol