just completed a season with no losses or draws even my star striker hailed me for being invincibles

I'm currently celebrating a treble-treble; I've won the treble (the league, the German cup and CL) three years in a row with Bayern Munich. I think it's the first time I've done that in any FM!

My success probably doesn't match anyone else's here, but for me this was a big success consider how poor I have been at Football Manager in recent years, after my shock season of finishing 6th with West Ham, following that the next year by being knocked out of Europa and only finishing 11th I was given the boot half way into pre-season, I had two choices of Everton or Ipswich, I chose the Championship as I felt the Premier League had demotivated me. Ipswich were expected to finish in the top half, no more, instead I spent for what felt like 90% of the season at the top of the table and secured a hock promotion back to the Premier League. I finally won something in my career.

My main target next year is to stay in the Prem...I've been given £12 million to try to secure that so will have to bring in some new faces and it could see me change my tactics, but I'm absolutely ecstatic to have managed it, by 10 points too!

Won the domestic double with Napoli, their first title in 32 years. Fell short in the CL, losing 6-5 on aggregate in the first knockout. Didn't want to wait and see how long it'll take for them to be financially competitive to win the CL. Realized Chelsea just sacked Javier Aguirre, so I applied. Started thinking what tactics to use that best suit their speed merchants.

But wait, what's that...there's a match against Real Madrid 3 days away, why are they setting up a friendly this early?

HOLY **** it's the CL final!

I switched like 4-5 tactics in game before finally settling on one that dominated them, but it had to go to penalties. It was a heart thumping nerve wracking 9-8, and my first game in charge was winning the CL. Beat that, Rafa.

I'm probably gonna return to Napoli and tell them I was only doing some part time work.

2rqdmc8.jpg
2ytnux3.jpg
2r5cjsl.jpg
dmuyix.jpg

my 1st skin coming along nicely...

Scrolling down while checking the screenshots I was wondering how come this crappy skin doesn't give you eye-cancer...:D No offense, really! :D

I am currently in the 2023/2024 season and have just won the champions cup for the second year running with Rangers. I have also lost only 4 league games in the last 4 years all the time while having to rebuild my starting 11 yearly as i lose my best players my star regan striker has also just scored 102 goals in all competitions for the 2022/2023 season

Finally achieved an unbeaten season in the Premier League with Chelsea. Won 36, drew 2, lost 0. 130 scored, 14 conceded.

Won promotion to the premier league and the FA cup my first season with Forest then went on to win the league on the final day with a 1-0 win over Manchester City and the league cup my second. Halfway through my third season, on an 18 game unbeaten run, Manchester United offered me the job after sacking Van Gaal. I support United and have never managed them in the game because I wanted to get offered the job. I've been playing FM for five years and it was the first time I was doing well enough to get the offer. Inherited an obliterated squad but hopeful of what I can do after I have a full preseason and transfer window.

Started out as Villa. Cleared the deadwood. Won the League Cup and Finished 9th in my first season.
Second season, I fnished 6th and won the FA Cup and Europa League.

Season three, Van Gaal got sacked and go offered the Man Utd job. They were positioned 7th in the League, had a squad full of high earning under-performers. Had a target of finishing 6th by the Board but managed to finish 3rd.

The following summer I shaped my own squad and signed John Stones, Giovanne Fotainne, Alex Telles, Will Hughes, Victor Wanyama, Isco, Munir and Roberto Baggio (the unlocked one).

Hughes and Baggio followed me from Villa. Di Maria broke his leg so I gave a opportunity to Demtri Mitchell - very god stats and played him as a Inside Forward. He had a superb season, and a result I've sold Di Maria for £30m.

I won the League and Champions League (beating Liverpool in the Final).

Ready for the 2018-2019 season, I've signed Paul Pogba for £67m and Gareth Bale for £91m. Considering going for Jack Grealish to add further depth to my squad.

My team is a follows

D Gea

Rafael Jones (c) Stones Telles

Pogba Isco

Bale Munir Mitchell

Baggio

My rambling FM'15 save (ongoing)

I only have one save in FM'15. I clicked the button to not use "real" players, but many seem thinly veiled copies. Started as Montrose in Scotland's League Two, got them promoted to the Prem, spent one year there, finished second and qualified for the Europa League (can't recall if it was via league position or doing well in a cup, we didn't win any cups). At some point with Montrose, I get the offer for the Australia National team manager job - not an interview: they just flat offer me the job (never managed nationally before, never had such an offer before, either, always had to interview).

I have no idea if I really want to do this, so I ask my wife, should I take this? Might be interesting, might just slow me down more (did I mention I only had one save this year? Ya, I'm slow). And she says, well, how much are they going to pay? Turns out, I was making £800 and they were offering £4000. I actually still don't know if they pay me that just during international breaks, or all year. It was well before the 2018 World Cup, as there was a whole 10 game asian qualification group which we were not involved in, so I'm going to guess it was in 2016 or very early 2017.

We almost won the 2019 Asian Cup, but defeated in the final to a very solid South Korea team. We've qualified for the 2022 world cup. First round (proper) qualification is insane. 40 teams, eight groups of 5, but no seeding, which means we can get grouped with two of the other top 8 teams in asia. We did. Both Japan and Iraq were in our group, and only one team is guaranteed a place in the next (overwhelmingly easier) qualification (along with half the best second place squads). I looked it up, and that is why the Australia job was open: similar thing happened last time. After that, Asia is reduced to 12 teams, two groups of six, for the second qualification round. We've gone undefeated in this (10 wins out of 10) and laughably are ranked 7th in the world now. I think we were 80th or 90th when I took over. Honestly, I figure about 30th-40th in the world is about right.

Meanwhile, I've decided to play "realistically", so when a much larger team offers me an interview, I take it. From Montrose, I moved to Brighton, in the Championship for the 2018-2019 season. Not a bad team, for the level, and with a few signings, we won the Championship with a record number of points. In the Prem, we finish a respectable mid-table position (around 11th) but, by some miracle, we won the League Cup, qualifying for the Europa League. Chelsea were dominating the league, and both Manchester teams were in turmoil, firing their managers. Both offered me an interview. With Man City, I refused the board request to sign high profile players, stating it was not the best use of funds. Other then that, the two interviews are not memorable. Man City give me the job, starting with the 2020-2021 season.

I've never joined a large reputation team in earlier FM's. I always built up a smaller team to the top. Also, if you look at my coaching attributes, they are laughable. I think I have 15 fitness (there are no fitness coaches in Scotland League Two, so it was really useful at the time) and 11 Man Management and Motivation. Most everything is 3-6. I have a couple of 1's. Also, our squad is old and injury prone in many areas, and seemed to compensate for that by signing a large number of players to fill these roles, so that we have trouble with registration. We have no one for the four trained at club slots in Champion's League registration. So I'm a bit nervous.

We won our first ten league games, despite not having mastered the two tactics we've been using since the start of pre-season. (I leave the 3rd slot totally blank in hopes of learning the two faster - on a side note, I use only one with Australia and it does seem to help).

A couple of key signings and some fights about who gets to play in what competition due to the large squad, and we won everything: the league (with six games to spare), the UEFA Champion's League, the FA Cup, and the League Cup. Having checked over the years, I'm now the highest rating active manager in my save (not the Hall of Fame, the active managers).

In the offseason, I managed to offload one ancient midfielder and four similarly elderly to very old winger/strikers, and bring in some very high quality players with their best years ahead of them. Also, we're developing some decent youth who will qualify as "trained at club" for the Champion's League. This year, we have no complaints about players left unregistered, although two had to be left out of the Champion's League squad, at least for the group stages.

I'm happy to give Man City a second season, as I'm building the squad, but what are we trying to win? The Club World Cup? Just to repeat? I'm having trouble with motivation. It's consistent with my Motivating coaching attribute ha ha.

Also, I think I've got to drop Australia after the World Cup. We have no hope of winning. I doubt we'll escape the group stage.

Won the World Cup with Spain and the Champions league with Real Sociedad(second time winning it) in the same season :)

I know it's only Malta, but this is still my biggest ever win on FM.

4792C5B4AA333C41C27ABEBA062AB97D598E84F7

Best low budget team

Torino is a beast - think the best low budget team (under 100M$), awesome just after the very first transfer window.
Won both Serie A \ UEFA Cup (first year) and Champions League on a second year :)

View attachment 220826View attachment 220825

With Giuseppe Rossi \ Di Natale (my fav cheap forwards pair) and Thiago \ De Jong \ Lars Bender in the middle gets really close to the World Class
slitty.gif

Last edited: