Pow Right in the Kisser 2013: 4-3-3 for everyone

very good tactic!best for FM2013!!!Thank you Harriers!

Not done many testing yet, hope to have some spare time tomorrow, but for now it's doing great

Alright mate, just to let you know I started using this with my Wolves side as my current tactic went a bit downhill, the results with it are quite good tbf, considering that I'm a newly promoted side, and I plugged it in straight away without it gelling first.

Everton 1-3 Wolves (League)
Wolves 4-2 Arsenal (League)
Everton 1-1p - Wolves (Capital One Cup)
Wolves 4-1 Burnley (League)
Wigan 2-3 Wolves (League)
Wolves 3-2 Aston Villa (League)
Wolves 3-1 West Brom (League)
Wolves 2-0 Bolton (Capital One Cup)
Stoke 0-4 Wolves (League)
Sunderland 3-1 Wolves (League)
Wolves 2-2 Chelsea (League)
Man City 4-0 Wolves (League)
Wolves 4-0 Tottenham (League)
Liverpool 3-0 Wolves (League)
Man City 6-4 Wolves (Capital One Cup)

All in all, a really good tactic, especially attacking wise, I only really lost those games towards the end because they were teams I wasn't expected to beat, defence could do with being improved, but that's probably down to my naff defence though tbh! In fact I'm doing that well in the league, I'm currently sitting in 6th after 15 games! Chelsea have just offered me the job too! Might move there, the tactic might suit their players better then I can give you a proper report back! So far so good though, KUTGW!

Alright mate, just to let you know I started using this with my Wolves side as my current tactic went a bit downhill, the results with it are quite good tbf, considering that I'm a newly promoted side, and I plugged it in straight away without it gelling first.

Everton 1-3 Wolves (League)
Wolves 4-2 Arsenal (League)
Everton 1-1p - Wolves (Capital One Cup)
Wolves 4-1 Burnley (League)
Wigan 2-3 Wolves (League)
Wolves 3-2 Aston Villa (League)
Wolves 3-1 West Brom (League)
Wolves 2-0 Bolton (Capital One Cup)
Stoke 0-4 Wolves (League)
Sunderland 3-1 Wolves (League)
Wolves 2-2 Chelsea (League)
Man City 4-0 Wolves (League)
Wolves 4-0 Tottenham (League)
Liverpool 3-0 Wolves (League)
Man City 6-4 Wolves (Capital One Cup)

All in all, a really good tactic, especially attacking wise, I only really lost those games towards the end because they were teams I wasn't expected to beat, defence could do with being improved, but that's probably down to my naff defence though tbh! In fact I'm doing that well in the league, I'm currently sitting in 6th after 15 games! Chelsea have just offered me the job too! Might move there, the tactic might suit their players better then I can give you a proper report back! So far so good though, KUTGW!

well nice one for getting back to me, glad its working so well for you, keep me posted!

I've now got from the Blue Square Premier League to the Championship in 3 season with this tactic!

well nice one for getting back to me, glad its working so well for you, keep me posted!

Update here for you mate, finished the season with it, very impressive, ended up finishing 5th! Ended up going on a bit of a bad run as my key player (Wellington Nem, in this formation on the right, he's a beast!) got injured and was out for a few months, somehow recovered, and pushed on for 5th!

Started the new season, didn't start so well, and due to injuries, couldn't really use your formation, and that's left me languishing in 16th in the Prem :( but now I've got some players back, I'm gone back to your tactic and hoping that it'll propel me back up the league!

EDIT: When you're struggling, you know you lose a few, that kind of thing, do you change anything? Or just persist and try and play your way through it?

Update here for you mate, finished the season with it, very impressive, ended up finishing 5th! Ended up going on a bit of a bad run as my key player (Wellington Nem, in this formation on the right, he's a beast!) got injured and was out for a few months, somehow recovered, and pushed on for 5th!

Started the new season, didn't start so well, and due to injuries, couldn't really use your formation, and that's left me languishing in 16th in the Prem :( but now I've got some players back, I'm gone back to your tactic and hoping that it'll propel me back up the league!

EDIT: When you're struggling, you know you lose a few, that kind of thing, do you change anything? Or just persist and try and play your way through it?

cool cheers for the update man.

when I'm struggling, and the only time i have with this formation was in my first season in the championship with kidderminster harriers after 3 successive promotions, i kept the same tactic without changing anything.
to counter the bad (and understandable) form, i just used team meetings and talking to the players to keep moral up, which is all important in FM. I only really struggled because i had players that were league 1 standard in the championship. we were playing well in games but due to the lack of quality we struggled. still managed to finish 16th after being predicted 24th with the lowest wage bill in the league.

I've now got Kidderminster Harriers into the Premier League in 5 seasons with this tactic.

Thanks for this incredible tactic, Harriers09. In my first season as Carlisle United in League One, I secured promotion to the Championship with no transfer budget and a small wage bill. Finally, a perfect 4-3-3 that guarantees free-flowing football. This tactic works against weaker and stronger teams as long as you get your team talk right.

You mentioned your pre-match talk was either assertive encouragement or assertive for the fans, but what about your half-time talk when you have a narrow lead? Do choose don't get complacent, pleased or something else? I sometimes anger players if I tell them to guard against complacency, but I don't want them relaxing if they're not in control of the match or have a good rating.

Thanks for this incredible tactic, Harriers09. In my first season as Carlisle United in League One, I secured promotion to the Championship with no transfer budget and a small wage bill. Finally, a perfect 4-3-3 that guarantees free-flowing football. This tactic works against weaker and stronger teams as long as you get your team talk right.

You mentioned your pre-match talk was either assertive encouragement or assertive for the fans, but what about your half-time talk when you have a narrow lead? Do choose don't get complacent, pleased or something else? I sometimes anger players if I tell them to guard against complacency, but I don't want them relaxing if they're not in control of the match or have a good rating.

cheerrs mate.

the team talks all depend on the situation. If i had a narrow lead at half time in a game i was expected to win I would either assertively tell them to guard against complacency or calmly encourage them. If it was a narrow lead against someone better than me, I would tell them i was assertively pleased and to keep it up. If it was a derby game i might tell them to do it for the fans.

You can never really tell someone how to do their team talks because the situations can be so varied.

Hello Harriers,

Im currently using your tactic with Tranmere.

Things are going brilliantly!

I'll wait till the end of the season and post the screenies at the end of the season (not sure how long it will take i've just started)

Regards, Matt.

PS: How do i upload the screenies from steam?

Hello Harriers,

Im currently using your tactic with Tranmere.

Things are going brilliantly!

I'll wait till the end of the season and post the screenies at the end of the season (not sure how long it will take i've just started)

Regards, Matt.

PS: How do i upload the screenies from steam?

cheers dude

not sure about how you get them from steam but if you press ALT and F9 at the same time in game, a screenshot will be saved into your FM13 folder in my documents

Hey mate would this work with Arsenal? Where would you play wilshere?
Also is DM a DLP or actually an anchor man, why is the training for DLP?

cheers dude

not sure about how you get them from steam but if you press ALT and F9 at the same time in game, a screenshot will be saved into your FM13 folder in my documents

Chers bud,

Im not sure how long the season will take, i think it may take till next week sometime depending on how far i go.

I noticed that you only usually score 1-2 goals a game, but this tactic is a beast in defense. 13 games played and 9 goals conceded. ;)

Hey mate would this work with Arsenal? Where would you play wilshere?
Also is DM a DLP or actually an anchor man, why is the training for DLP?

The training is for a DPL so he will become better on the ball. The individual instructions are changed so he's neither a DLP or an Anchorman

But yes, it will work with Arsenal. I did a test with Arsenal but lost the save so couldnt take screenshots. Won the league and champions league first season.

Last edited:
Chers bud,

Im not sure how long the season will take, i think it may take till next week sometime depending on how far i go.

I noticed that you only usually score 1-2 goals a game, but this tactic is a beast in defense. 13 games played and 9 goals conceded. ;)

Occasionally you will rip people apart but yea 1 or 2 goals is about right when you are an average team compared with those in your league with this tactic. The aim of the tactic is to dominate the ball and give it simple, with the ability to launch quick and suprising through balls to take advantage of teams pressing to get the ball back. If you keep the ball well, you dont give opponents chances.