Pre-Season Friendlies

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 342
  • Views Views 23K
Liverpool first team are losing to Monchengladbach 1-0, Cavileri mistake

Still losing, defence looks shaky, we're not performin', Cole had a shot, goalie flapped at it, Shelvey's looking pretty bright with his passing

Last edited:
I truly hope that this really isn't Mr.Hodgson's grand plan for the new season. There isn't enough pace in the defence to play this right and playing so deep at the back is meaning we have absolutely no control of the game because our central midfield consistently is getting caught going forward and we are playing kick and rush to those up front as a result. We're also lacking width. Fundamental issues playing this form of 4-4-1-1 with the players we have.

Chelsea starting 11 vs Frankfurt:
GK:H. Hilario
DL:A.Cole
DR: Ferriera
DC:J. Bruma
DC:J Terry
MC:Y. Benayoun
MC:J. Mikel
MC:Y. Zhirkov
ST:. Kalou
ST:N. Anelka
ST:F. Malouda

Very Strong side, looking forward to seeing Yossi today UTC!!!

Raheem Sterling has just came on. The 15 year old, we signed him over Chelsea, United and City in February from QPR :D

My Dad saw Manchester United vs MLS All Stars and he says that Javier Hernandez's pace was unreal and he tormented the MLS defence time and time again....but in the English Game I feel stamina is more important so we have to wait and see about this kid...

can someone link me to a stream for the liverpool game please?

My Dad saw Manchester United vs MLS All Stars and he says that Javier Hernandez's pace was unreal and he tormented the MLS defence time and time again....but in the English Game I feel stamina is more important so we have to wait and see about this kid...
hes quick strong good in the air, ferguson is talking about using him as the lone striker in europe

Chelsea looking pretty fresh some neat 1 touch passes keeping hold of the ball well. Yossi has looked pretty lively.

I don't think we've won a pre-season match in two years :/ We looked pretty awful, open at the back and no cutting edge. They won 1-0

THANK **** CECH ISEN'T OUT FOR MUCH LONGER!!!! hilario just ****** up bigtime 1-0

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

ochs with the goal

ahh cheers anyway,

so zeb, how do you think we played?

4-4-1-1. Defence deep and detached from the midfield. Lots of long balls over the top which were mopped up easily. Midfield of Gerrard and Shelvey unable to cover the massive distance between Joe Cole playing off lone striker and the back four. Lots of space in between midfield and defence as a result. Lots of young lads playing, but if this is a sign of things to come, all those who wanted Rafa out will be pining for him back before the season's end. Mr.Hodgson might need to rethink this one if it wasn't him experimenting for a game.

unfortunatly would have to put some of the blame on terry.

Well you could say the same about the nickname 'Kaka' but I'm pretty sure people take him seriously.

I hate to break it to you but pre season never offers much insight on how your season will go because friendlies mean nothing to the players.

Good pre season always helps though. Maybe I am being too optimistic, but hey, Villa away 13 days, we will see..

wow hilario is having a complete mare.

ABSOLUTELY DREADFULL. before last season i had confidence in Hilario but my god he is shocking.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Only Kalou, Malouda and Hilario has stayed on for Chelsea. Lamps is Captain.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

2nd half 11: Hilario, Ivanovic, Van Aanholt, Mancienne, Carvalho, Essien, Lampard, Matic, Malouda, Kalou, Borini.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

McEachran on for Malouda and Sinclair on for Kalou

Back