Pre-Season Friendlies

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 342
  • Views Views 23K
Not sure where to put this, but...

Did anyone see the Milk Cup finals yesterday on BBC 2? The USA played extremely well in their victory over N.Ireland. If 'soccer' ever takes off big-time in the US I think they would rapidly climb the ladder on the international scene. Their players are brilliant athletes with fantastic attitudes and based purely on the amount of people they would be able to choose from for their national side, they could pose serious problems to some of the current big-boys.

Chelsea won their final too -- two great goals by their youngsters.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQa2yhg67ZI"]YouTube- Manchester United VS Chivas De Guadalajara- Gol Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez[/ame]
Great goal from Chicharito last night!

Not sure where to put this, but...

Did anyone see the Milk Cup finals yesterday on BBC 2? The USA played extremely well in their victory over N.Ireland. If 'soccer' ever takes off big-time in the US I think they would rapidly climb the ladder on the international scene. Their players are brilliant athletes with fantastic attitudes and based purely on the amount of people they would be able to choose from for their national side, they could pose serious problems to some of the current big-boys.

Chelsea won their final too -- two great goals by their youngsters.
That's what I've always thought, the amount of money in American sports, and the population of the US, not only their league but their INternational team could be huge

Hmmm, I know it's just pre-season and judgments should probably be reserved but Fulham haven't been too convincing so far.

Hmmm, I know it's just pre-season and judgments should probably be reserved but Fulham haven't been too convincing so far.

probaly a lot to do with only getting a manager yestardy and i dont think he officially takes over until nest week.

goodish result for celtic today against a young lyon side, the mexican and forest where very good imo
btw it was 2-2

We came from 2 behind today to get a 2-2 draw with a German Side (Union Berlin?).

Defence looked shakey, attack looked OK, Arca was in midfield (need I say more).

McDonald got the two goals.

Germans were quite dirty.

@NUFC_Tony

2-0 Last time I looked.

Liverpool play their last friendly (already) tomorrow against Borussia Monchengladbach (Sp?), Joe Cole has been promised the start, Gerrard Etc expected to start, before flying back for Thursdays match

That'd be a good result for Southampton if it stays like that, but pre-season matches mean nothing I guess.

I have looked at justin and ustream, nothing on there that works. Will look on Iraqgoals now, cheers :)

Southampton 2-2 Reading FC

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Comeback kings.(6)

Southampton 2-3 Reading FC

Back