Pre-Season Friendlies

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 342
  • Views Views 23K
At least they wont need to water the pitch before the game starts.......

Pitch Inspection at 6:30 with hoped kick off for 7pm.

Last edited:
Pitch inspection at 6.30 for kick off at 7.00 re Liverpool match.

Oh. You did it 17 minutes ago. LOLfail.

Just back from the Darlington v Sunderland match, we only won 1-0.
Still remember this name:
Oumare Tounkara​
Absolute class act

Talking about 'Remember the name's'. Emmanuel Frimpong. Remember that name. Incredible. And of course, Jack Wilshere.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Liverpool game is ON, and will be kicking off at 6.45.

Cheers Clarkey im so happy the game will start!.

I think Arsenal should keep hold of Wilshere for this season instead of sending him on loan, hes shown enough imo to warrant a place in the first team squad.

Clarkey whats happening with Lansbury and Randall for this season?

Cheers Clarkey im so happy the game will start!.

I think Arsenal should keep hold of Wilshere for this season instead of sending him on loan, hes shown enough imo to warrant a place in the first team squad.

Clarkey whats happening with Lansbury and Randall for this season?

I think Wilshere should play a part for us this season, too. He's good enough already. I reckon Randall will be out on his **** soon. I don't think Lansbury will be given much more time either - they've both been around for a good while and failed to impress.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Christ. I wish the LFC Twitter account would make it's mind up.

Pretty decent first game with alot of youngsters getting a game, essien was just immense he is a bionic man i swear great finish for his goal. Involved in his goal was youngster mceachan who had a really good game and definatly could be the long term replacement for joe cole

The youngers did a very good job. Not by scoring, but by the game they played, I saw againt that pressing form the Mourinho era, but done by very enthusiastic kids.

My prediction over Arsenal had come to real. :) 4 - 0

And chelsea fans dont worry cech wasent injured carlo was giving all 3 keepers 30mins each

The Arsenal game was good. I know it's only Barnet, but we looked very sharp considering it's the first friendly of pre season.

Watching Tottenham v San Jose on espn. The Tottenham young players look very lively, Keanes had 1 disallowed for offside and he should have scored an easy header.

Re: San Jose vs Tottenham -- only 31 minutes gone, but I can already say I haven't warmed to our new kit yet and football commentators from the U.S.A. add a strange feeling to a game...

'Cudicini serves up... no rebound!' lol

Last edited:
Agreed carine, Love the way they call everyplayer a stud

Benfica 2 - 1 Groningen
Latest score in the Guimaraes Cup

San Jose v Spurs still 0-0, but all-time attendance record for San Jose!

Also, Alvarez is naked on the wing if anyone can find him??? apparently... according to the commentary :)

San Jose v Spurs still 0-0, but all-time attendance record for San Jose!

Also, Alvarez is naked on the wing if anyone can find him??? apparently... according to the commentary :)

lol i heard that, they also said someone was 'on huddlestone's backside'

The Yank commentators do my nut lol XD

Tottenham 0 - 0 San Jose FT.

Decent game, Townsend looked very sharp and a promising prospect. Keane was pants and fluffed a load of chances, can't for the life of me see why Villa are supposedly interested in, and the SJ left winger, cant remember his name, was brilliant. He tore our defence apart and is only 17, could be a good player.

Back