Premier Leagues most overated player?

I agree he has quality, but in my opinion, a bit like like Lampard, he is losing the explosive side of his game and has been for the last 18 months. Still with a massive reputation, perhaps he is better in peoples minds than in real life?

he is dipping no doubt about it but like i said the Liverpool situation does not help if you watched towards the end off last season he was playing class, and IMO is always the 2nd person on my England team sheet, bad run off form is tempory, class is permanent.

Ha Ha, guilty as charged! Couldn't think of any overpaid Arsenal players! I think Bendnter overrates himself, and Walcott never fails to disappoint, but this is supposed to be about the most overrated player. If rated by transfer fee, Berbatov

Jermaine Jenas, no idea how he manages to get a call up for the england squad, extremely inconsistant as he rarely manages to put in a good performance

I'm Scottish.

But it's the British mentality is what I don;t like.
Players and fans from pride themselves when they hear the words grind, grit, determination, hard-working, etc. They are brought up to play ugly, unattractive football. So untechnical. The only one's that seem to have an exeption to this are fast, black FullBacks/Wingers... Walcott, Lennon, Young... Why do you think that Arsenal play the prettiest football in the prem but get bullied around? They only have fast black FBs/Wingers that are English. I know someone from England who knows just as much as me that England have as much chance of winning the World Cup as Scotland do.

yes with players like McGregor and Barry Ferguson who find it funny to flag cameras to get on tele..

great team spirit.

yes with players like McGregor and Barry Ferguson who find it funny to flag cameras to get on tele..

great team spirit.

Good to see that you don't disagree that Britain, (England mainly.) Have an awful depiction of so called, 'football'...

Class is not exactly permanent, I bet I could skin Marradonna easily enough nowadays!. Jus kiddin but the point is valid. He probably needs to adapt- a bit like Giggs has, to stay at the top of the game in terms of importance to Liverpool. Maybe his age is why he seems to dive a lot recently too.

Good to see that you don't disagree that Britain, (England mainly.) Have an awful depiction of so called, 'football'...

if this awfull depiction of football gets "English" teams into the "ChampionsLeague" playing against teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid.

as far as i can remember scottish teams seem to FAIL in the group stages and not even make it to the group stages on some occasions?

the Scottish leauge has 2 teams in it, Rangers,Celtic.
and will be for a long long time.
that is some great "football"

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Class is not exactly permanent, I bet I could skin Marradonna easily enough nowadays!. Jus kiddin but the point is valid. He probably needs to adapt- a bit like Giggs has, to stay at the top of the game in terms of importance to Liverpool. Maybe his age is why he seems to dive a lot recently too.

you cant really blame him for diving,
Liverpool need absolutely everything they can get for some points
<)

Please feel free to point out where I said Messi was a Striker?

Invalid.

The post you responded to was about Rooney, the striker, then you threw Messi into the equation

Last edited:
I agree with you about the British mentality in football. From grass roots level, children are encouraged by the majority of coaches and parents to clear the ball whenever it enters their half, and criticise those who attempt to pass the ball! This is why England has a lack of technically proficient players to chose from to replace the exceptions to the rule who are currently representing England towards the end of their careers.

if this awfull depiction of football gets "English" teams into the "ChampionsLeague" playing against teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid.

as far as i can remember scottish teams seem to FAIL in the group stages and not even make it to the group stages on some occasions?

the Scottish leauge has 2 teams in it, Rangers,Celtic.
and will be for a long long time.
that is some great "football"

You're good at noticing that I said BRITISH, which, funily enough, includes SCOTLAND! Weyyyy, clever you.

But what happenes when they play against Barca/Madrid/Munchen...etc.
But I was more on about the national sides.

Anyway, it's been nice conversing( if you can call you're dire way of transcripting thoughts into words a conversation) I'm away since the Liverpool game is over.

You're good at noticing that I said BRITISH, which, funily enough, includes SCOTLAND! Weyyyy, clever you.

But what happenes when they play against Barca/Madrid/Munchen...etc.
But I was more on about the national sides.

Anyway, it's been nice conversing( if you can call you're dire way of transcripting thoughts into words a conversation) I'm away since the Liverpool game is over.

No please stay :D

Bah, I have. People saying he is better than Messi? Best player in the world...? ****, he's not the best STRIKER in the world, nor the PL.

whos been better then him in the prem this season cant be torres his been injured all season and yes drogba has come close but still hasnt played as good as rooney so who is better ??

Back