Premier Leagues most overated player?

Rooney, I joke no need to go nuts but really erm...Anelka been rubbish this year and still get ratings!

i get sooooo annoyed watching anelka his a fast player but never tries to use his speed and he likes to stand in midfield alot when chelsea are on the attack hasnt he realised he is a striker

I personally don't like Reina, he's good off his line and he can lead aye, he makes far too many misjudged errors and i personally don't think he's up to Liverpool's standards, okay its a 1 in 100 thing, but why the **** did he not move the beachball earlier in the season? He's a okay goal keeper but not as good as many make him out to be, i'd say he's 5th in PL keepers list.

Heskey - Capello overates him

Zamora - For sure he has improved but it's got to the point where the media have realised he's underrated and have praised him so much which has made him overrated

Wes Brown - Capello again

nah Steve G & Frank Lampard are the exact same player in the diffrent colour of top, both sheer class.

nah Steve G & Frank Lampard are the exact same player in the diffrent colour of top, both sheer class.

lampard also gets over rated by alot of people mostly chelsea supporters and gerrard gets over rated by alot of people mostly liverpool supporters but yeah i agree they are both class players but abit too over rated by some people

Here we go, my long list

Darren Fletcher
Martin Skrtel
Gomes
Peter Crouch
Christian Benitez
Roque Santa Cruz
Kenwyne Jones
John Carew
Carlos Cuellar
Edwin Van Der Sar
Wes Brown
Michael Kightly
Yakubu
Andy Johnson
Ryan Nelsen
Theo Walcott
Emile Heskey

I disagree with the barry comments, hes been one of our best players this season, but we all have our own opinions

steven gerrard gets rated abit too much in my opinion
Gerrard had his bet season, last year, unstoppable, he was everywhere. This year i'd admit he's been awful.But other than this year i'd see Gerrard better than Lampard.As the Soccer AM DvD suggests, eh
I personally don't like Reina, he's good off his line and he can lead aye, he makes far too many misjudged errors and i personally don't think he's up to Liverpool's standards, okay its a 1 in 100 thing, but why the **** did he not move the beachball earlier in the season? He's a okay goal keeper but not as good as many make him out to be, i'd say he's 5th in PL keepers list.

Grr, if anything IMO this year he's better than Liverpool standards.The Beachball was an odd one in a lifetime thing, you can''t judge him just for that, IMO he's the best in the league.
As i said above,you need to lower your expectations D: you must hate the majority of our plaers, if you think he's not up to standards

Here we go, my long list

Darren Fletcher
Martin Skrtel
Gomes
Peter Crouch
Christian Benitez
Roque Santa Cruz
Kenwyne Jones
John Carew
Carlos Cuellar
Edwin Van Der Sar
Wes Brown
Michael Kightly
Yakubu
Andy Johnson
Ryan Nelsen
Theo Walcott
Emile Heskey

I disagree with the barry comments, hes been one of our best players this season, but we all have our own opinions

Crouch?! :O D:

Last edited:
My list:

Almunia
Sagna
Campbell
Vermaelen
Clichy
Walcott
Song
Fabregas
Arshavin
Nasri
van Persie

Gerrard had his bet season, last year, unstoppable, he was everywhere. This year i'd admit he's been awful.But other than this year i'd see Gerrard better than Lampard.As the Soccer AM DvD suggests, eh

Grr, if anything IMO this year he's better than Liverpool standards.The Beachball was an odd one in a lifetime thing, you can''t judge him just for that, IMO he's the best in the league.
As i said above,you need to lower your expectations D: you must hate the majority of our plaers, if you think he's not up to standards

Tbh the Gerrard thing is todo with injury, i think personally L'pool need him, and rushed him back due to it. Nah matey i don't hate the majority of our players atall, ya all i'm saying is he isnt my favourite, but watch this space he'll prove me wrong and save 4 pens in Europa or somthin :P, mon the Liverpool eh :D

many people will proberly disagree with this but i personally think arshavin is rated too much by alot of people calling him one of the best in the world but so many times when i see him on the ball he just hogs it and then ends up wasting a goal scoring chance which you could say cost them against utd this season but then again some games he is brilliant but i still think his slightly over rated

Here we go, my long list

Darren Fletcher
Martin Skrtel
Gomes
Peter Crouch
Christian Benitez
Roque Santa Cruz
Kenwyne Jones
John Carew
Carlos Cuellar
Edwin Van Der Sar
Wes Brown
Michael Kightly
Yakubu
Andy Johnson
Ryan Nelsen
Theo Walcott
Emile Heskey

Agree with most of those (except Fletch, VDS and Brown of course (6)). Could throw in Lescott and Bridge though

many people will proberly disagree with this but i personally think arshavin is rated too much by alot of people calling him one of the best in the world but so many times when i see him on the ball he just hogs it and then ends up wasting a goal scoring chance which you could say cost them against utd this season

Wouldnt say best in the world, but his first touch and control is out of this world at times, he'll develop more of a brain with xp imo.

Tbh the Gerrard thing is todo with injury, i think personally L'pool need him, and rushed him back due to it. Nah matey i don't hate the majority of our players atall, ya all i'm saying is he isnt my favourite, but watch this space he'll prove me wrong and save 4 pens in Europa or somthin :P, mon the Liverpool eh :D

Oh yeh, plus he saves TONS of Penalties!

Wouldnt say best in the world, but his first touch and control is out of this world at times, he'll develop more of a brain with xp imo.

develop with more xp?? aint he nearly 30 so hasnt he had enough experience

Back