Prisoners Who Should be FREE

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Bronson - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bronson_(prisoner) He was jailed for a robbery which he took £26.50, sentenced to 7 years.After a short spell of being free, he committed robbery again, been imprisoned ever since.
He has been in jail for a total of 34 years, and 30 of those years are in solitary confinement.

this man has never harmed a child, harmed a woman, killed anyone .......so why has he served a longer more tough sentence than murderers, pedophiles, rapists etc.
People like Ian Brady and the Yorkshire Ripper have an easier past 30 years than Bronson and there crimes were more horrific

wasnt just stealing, he was convicted of wounding with intent, wounding, criminal damage, grievous bodily harm, false imprisonment, blackmail and threatening to kill.

also this from his wiki:

Bronson has served all but four of his years in prison in solitary confinement due to a number of hostage situations, rooftop protests, and repeated attacks on prison staff and on other inmates.

• In 1983, Bronson took hostages and staged a 47-hour rooftop protest at Broadmoor, causing £750,000 of damage.
  • In 1994, while holding a guard hostage at Woodhill Prison, Milton Keynes, he demanded an inflatable doll, a helicopter and a cup of tea as ransom. Two months later, he held deputy governor Adrian Wallace hostage for five hours at Hull prison, injuring him so badly he was off work for five weeks.[4]
  • In 1998, Bronson took two Iraqi hijackers and another inmate hostage at Belmarsh prison in London. He insisted his hostages address him as "General" and told negotiators he would eat one of his victims quickly unless his demands were met. At one stage, Bronson demanded one of the Iraqis hit him "very hard" over the head with a metal tray. When the hostage refused, Bronson slashed his own shoulder six times with a razor blade. He later told staff: "I'm going to start snapping necks – I'm the number-one hostage taker." He demanded a plane to take him to Cuba, two Uzi sub-machine guns, 5,000 rounds of ammunition, and an axe. In court, he said he was "as guilty as Adolf Hitler", adding, "I was on a mission of madness, but now I'm on a mission of peace and all I want to do now is go home and have a pint with my son." Another seven years were added to his sentence.[4]
  • In 1999, he took Phil Danielson, a civilian education officer, hostage at Hull prison.[3] He can be seen in CCTV footage singing the song "Yellow Submarine", walking around with a makeshift spear[citation needed] (after having caused havoc inside the prison) and causing the wing to be locked up for over 40 hours.
  • In 2007, two prison staff members at Full Sutton high security prison in the East Riding of Yorkshire were involved in a "control and restraint incident", in an attempt to prevent another hostage situation, during which Bronson (who by now needed spectacles) had his glasses broken. Bronson received £200 compensation for his broken glasses,[11] which he claimed were made of "pre-war gold" and given to him by Lord Longford.
Sounds like a nice guy, defiantly someone who should be allowed back into society :S:S

Good one TheHig (Y) He's still in prison because he's not in a fit state to be released.

Also - Al Magrahi shouldn't have been released IMO

It really depends on the circumstance.

If two people got into a fight and one of them got hit, fell down and smashed his head on concrete and died, do you really think the person who hit them deserves to spend the rest of their life locked away? Clearly not intended to kill them, but he/she will be done for murder.

I think you'll find that he/she would be charged with manslaughter, and may not even go to prison if the judge decides it isn't necessary.

I think you'll find that he/she would be charged with manslaughter, and may not even go to prison if the judge decides it isn't necessary.

Really? There goes my theory then. ^^)

So you dont believe in second chances?

So they get to end someones life, but still get a chance to live their's happily.

Murderers should rot.

As for Bronson, since being in jail he's been involved in many many incidents of violence and hostage situations....plus the guys an absolute nutter. He, and the rest of the world are better off with him in jail.

Really? There goes my theory then. ^^)

Didn't recognise you there JDY, what with the different avatar and all..

But yeah, in that situation i'm sure it would be manslaughter, not murder, because it's not intentional, though he probably would go to jail because he was fighting etc.

Like Joss said, pretty sure that would be manslaughter.

Murder is when you kill someone with the intent of killing them. Prosecutors will always try for murder, but that would usually go down as manslaughter.

No.. they get a life sentence. Murderers are very rarely released 'early' if at all.

How on earth do you know if Chapman is rehabilitated? How do you know if anyone is? What do you base that on? I thought he had mental health issues as well, and 20 years is a minimum, not a maximum, so they have every right to keep him behind bars if they feel he is too dangerous or whatever to be released.

Many people who have killed, go to jail, come out 30 years later and kill again, their minds just work like that and it's not often not possible to completely rehabilitate people.

look at the wiki page, all his parole has been denied due to his safety, not because he has failed to prove he is a re-formed character

look at the wiki page, all his parole has been denied due to his safety, not because he has failed to prove he is a re-formed character
Then im sure he will have fun in his minimum security prison play his xbox if that is the case

Wtf, but he's been in prison for 30 years because he keeps starting fights, and the last time he was released he committed another robery, why would they take those chances, he's a headcase.

So they get to end someones life, but still get a chance to live their's happily.

Murderers should rot.

As for Bronson, since being in jail he's been involved in many many incidents of violence and hostage situations....plus the guys an absolute nutter. He, and the rest of the world are better off with him in jail.

On hindsight He's been in solitary too long. He could never integrate into society. Anyway, we're too busy trying to protect rapists and child murderers with secret identities and police protection to waste time to try and get him back on the straight and narrow. I mean come on, about 20 years ago I think he did an actual robbery! oh and he threatened someone. It might even have been another grown man! clearly the lowest of the low (sarcasm)

And a few hostage incidents, were no one was killed or seriously injured, and the last of them was over 10 years ago.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Wtf, but he's been in prison for 30 years because he keeps starting fights, and the last time he was released he committed another robery, why would they take those chances, he's a headcase.

that was referring to Chapman sorry ...

On hindsight He's been in solitary too long. He could never integrate into society. Anyway, we're too busy trying to protect rapists and child murderers with secret identities and police protection to waste time to try and get him back on the straight and narrow. I mean come on, about 20 years ago I think he did an actual robbery! oh and he threatened someone. It might even have been another grown man! clearly the lowest of the low (sarcasm)

And a few hostage incidents, were no one was killed or seriously injured, and the last of them was over 10 years ago.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

that was referring to Chapman sorry ...

Oh yeah, sorry armed robbery is a really pathetic crime, not at all serious, neither is threatening someone with a knife, and holding hostages on a roof, demanding uzis and money and a free pass to Cuba, completely sane. The last one was 10 years ago because he's been in solitary..

And oh..

Oh yeah, sorry armed robbery is a really pathetic crime, not at all serious, neither is threatening someone with a knife, and holding hostages on a roof, demanding uzis and money and a free pass to Cuba, completely sane. The last one was 10 years ago because he's been in solitary..

And oh..

he had been in solitary 20 years previous and that never stopped him, if wants to commit crimes from solitary he will and has done, he has 1 hour per day out of cell.

the Murder argument I can let go, I agree that all people who murder should rot, but being realistic we dont work like that, capital punishment is all but going and its all about rehabilitation.
so i was bringing up the Chapman case to point out in consistencies.

But with Bronson enough is enough he refused to bow down to the system, so much so it has led to this inhumane period of incarceration, many have committed murder and done their time and been released in the time Charlie has been inprisoned. He has done some good work and he has turned over a new leaf, why should he be released ? That's an easy answer his human rights have been impinged for so many years. what they are doing to him is not right and he should be given the chance to do some more good work on the outside.
Some prison officers are so hyped up on the power they are given they treat people like animals and with a degree of contempt, psychological studies have proven this to be the case, why should they treat others in such a way when they are paying for their crimes, some crimes are pure evil and deserve a harsher punishment, some deserve capital punishment, Charlie was sent down for armed robbery, no one was killed or hurt, he got 7 years, due to the harsh regime of the prison system at the time he refused to bow down, the rest most peole know. Charlie had his bad points but his good points far outshine the bad, he has paid more than the price, he should be released....

he had been in solitary 20 years previous and that never stopped him, if wants to commit crimes from solitary he will and has done, he has 1 hour per day out of cell.

the Murder argument I can let go, I agree that all people who murder should rot, but being realistic we dont work like that, capital punishment is all but going and its all about rehabilitation.
so i was bringing up the Chapman case to point out in consistencies.

But with Bronson enough is enough he refused to bow down to the system, so much so it has led to this inhumane period of incarceration, many have committed murder and done their time and been released in the time Charlie has been inprisoned. He has done some good work and he has turned over a new leaf, why should he be released ? That's an easy answer his human rights have been impinged for so many years. what they are doing to him is not right and he should be given the chance to do some more good work on the outside.
Some prison officers are so hyped up on the power they are given they treat people like animals and with a degree of contempt, psychological studies have proven this to be the case, why should they treat others in such a way when they are paying for their crimes, some crimes are pure evil and deserve a harsher punishment, some deserve capital punishment, Charlie was sent down for armed robbery, no one was killed or hurt, he got 7 years, due to the harsh regime of the prison system at the time he refused to bow down, the rest most peole know. Charlie had his bad points but his good points far outshine the bad, he has paid more than the price, he should be released....

You still haven't explained what his 'good points' were. How do you know he's fit to be released, only the prison officers know that, and even then it's not just up to them, its about the governor, and the board etc.

The only prisoners I feel are worthy of a release are political prisoners in countries such as North Korea, China etc. People who are imprisoned for publicising their political views shouldn't be in jail in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back