PSN details stolen

Absolute joke from a major company

My kd is 3.64 and im 11th prestige, hope its not stolen :O

an easter gift form the god **** ******* hackers to Sony.

Let me stir the pot a little.

Would this be the same if it happened to xbox live?

Let me stir the pot a little.

Would this be the same if it happened to xbox live?

Probably wouldn't happen to Xbox Live in the first place. Seeing as you are required to pay in order to use Live, I would expect the security to be far better than that of PSN. It is free after all.

Just this morning, my brother bought an XBox. Time to convert?

Yes but it still could happen to xbox, it would be higher security but it is still possible! Most people before this happened would say it couldn't happened to the psn

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't these arses release a video and put it in youtube or something? Surely someone would've paid attention? Well, obviously not......

Last edited:
Absolute joke from a major company

My kd is 3.64 and im 11th prestige, hope its not stolen :O

The fact its a major company is exactly why they were targetted. The black hat hackers who do this, are determined to cause choas, get a load of publicity, and a load of money, and are normally so good on the computer they cover tracks and will never be caught. Whats the challange in hacking your local hardware store, when you have the skills to do sony over.

The fact its a major company is exactly why they were targetted. The black hat hackers who do this, are determined to cause choas, get a load of publicity, and a load of money, and are normally so good on the computer they cover tracks and will never be caught. Whats the challange in hacking your local hardware store, when you have the skills to do sony over.

mmm maybe sony should do what mircosoft does & hired hacker to hack their console fix it and then put them in jail :)

Well let's hope these buttmunches are caught and have a nice holiday in the slammer, and the money they got gets put into the community/returned to peoples bank accounts.

Here's what Sony UK indicates was exposed:

• Name
  • Shipping address
  • Billing address
  • Country
  • E-mail address
  • Birthdate
  • PSN/Qriocity ID
  • PSN/Qriocity password
  • PSN/Qriocity security question and answer
  • Purchase history

Here's what Sony UK indicates was exposed:

• Name
  • Shipping address
  • Billing address
  • Country
  • E-mail address
  • Birthdate
  • PSN/Qriocity ID
  • PSN/Qriocity password
  • PSN/Qriocity security question and answer
  • Purchase history

By the looks of it as i said yesterday they couldnt get to the credit card encryptions. ALso even if they did they would need the pin of your credit card which PSN doesnt save unless you tick the box IIRC. so unless you are a regular purchaser that ticked that box you should be fine AFAIK. my Password for psn is only used for fantasy football and a few other things like that (my old soccermanager account) that has no money on it so not too worried either.

By the looks of it as i said yesterday they couldnt get to the credit card encryptions. ALso even if they did they would need the pin of your credit card which PSN doesnt save unless you tick the box IIRC. so unless you are a regular purchaser that ticked that box you should be fine AFAIK. my Password for psn is only used for fantasy football and a few other things like that (my old soccermanager account) that has no money on it so not too worried either.

that's cool but then why are experts tell PSN user to cancel their credit/debt cards and get new one sent to them

Was reading a blog yesterday on the issue.

He reckons that PSN could have to stay shut down..indefinitely, because if the details are stolen, credit card details etc they cannot put it back up for the hackers to use on the psn. You know, avoid being sued etc.

ps, Play Station Notwork hurhuruhruhurhur

that's cool but then why are experts tell PSN user to cancel their credit/debt cards and get new one sent to them

well 1 expert has said it while all the others are saying be vigilant. This "expert" is probably saying this abit like most transfer rumours. If it turns out to be true he can say I told you so if not I was just being on the safe side or it was just a harmless rumour

Was reading a blog yesterday on the issue.

He reckons that PSN could have to stay shut down..indefinitely, because if the details are stolen, credit card details etc they cannot put it back up for the hackers to use on the psn. You know, avoid being sued etc.

ps, Play Station Notwork hurhuruhruhurhur

Also the private details etc saying that they would be kept with Sony etc in sign up agreements - that cannot be released to other parties, would be another potential case for customers.