PSN details stolen

Apparently they hacked it because Sony took their mate to court over the jailbreak of the Playstation Store and they are in negotiations now with Sony and if they drop the charges then they will return PSN .

Your details will still be on PSN.

Onlyt a redundant email address and password, i nerver registered any cards with PSN
, i was talking more about the online gameplay side of things, offline for a week is lame.

Onlyt a redundant email address and password, i nerver registered any cards with PSN
, i was talking more about the online gameplay side of things, offline for a week is lame.

To be fair I am getting the shakes. I have to keep muttering CoD class combinations in my head to stop myself from breaking down and crying.

That makes it alright to steal 77million peoples personal details I suppose
/sarcasm

there will always be the select few who will go against what they were supposed to do. if sony did what they should of done, none of this would of happened. what sony did shouldn't be acceptable, the hackers have however said they don't want to interfere with psn and the people, and have denied this attack on psn. for all we know, sony could be using the hackers as a scapegoat for something they themselves could of ****** up.

there will always be the select few who will go against what they were supposed to do. if sony did what they should of done, none of this would of happened. what sony did shouldn't be acceptable, the hackers have however said they don't want to interfere with psn and the people, and have denied this attack on psn. for all we know, sony could be using the hackers as a scapegoat for something they themselves could of ****** up.
Im pretty sure saying they ****** up is better publicity wise than saying there security was breached and all your personal details have been accessed with the possibility of Credit Card details too. Im pretty sure Sony sued a guy for illegally exploiting a flaw that allowed him to download and pirate games for free and therefore undermine the gaming "economy" of sony

Im pretty sure saying they ****** up is better publicity wise than saying there security was breached and all your personal details have been accessed with the possibility of Credit Card details too. Im pretty sure Sony sued a guy for illegally exploiting a flaw that allowed him to download and pirate games for free and therefore undermine the gaming "economy" of sony

Agreed. Any yeah they're currently in a law suit with somebody who jailbroke PS3 (the same person who jailbroke iPhone) but he didn't do anything illegal like downloading pirated games he just customised it because he felt he had the right to, after all it's your property and you should be able to do what you want with it as long as you don't spoil it for all the other players. But what these hackers are doing now is stupid is stupid they weren't going to touch the details at all they just wanted to attack PSN, but they've done more than that now.

Agreed. Any yeah they're currently in a law suit with somebody who jailbroke PS3 (the same person who jailbroke iPhone) but he didn't do anything illegal like downloading pirated games he just customised it because he felt he had the right to, after all it's your property and you should be able to do what you want with it as long as you don't spoil it for all the other players. But what these hackers are doing now is stupid is stupid they weren't going to touch the details at all they just wanted to attack PSN, but they've done more than that now.
He released how to do it though so that everyone could do it which undermines the buying and selling of games.

sony sued a guy for bringing back something which the ps3 offered, but took away. it's like saying if you bought a microsoft computer, you could use any web browser, but for a reason, they disable that, and force you to use IE. (not the best example, but meh) sony advertised a product, and then took it away. what's going on now if hackers have stolen accounts and information, but the hackers who've been threating sony, have said they've played no part. if hackers have stolen accounts then in no way am i supporting them, but i just think sony should of seen this coming.

+ for all those mocking psn, remember when xbl went down for 2 weeks? and when xbox servers were being ***** slapped in january after an update?

If you read some articles on PSN, they had an external intrusion what is illegal therefore Sony shut down PSN, they are working on the servers at the moment and improving security on the servers while other members of Sony are trying to find out who did it, Sony have hired an Outside Security firm to help find the hackers and to help improve the system, hopefully we will see major improvements with the PS3 and these idiots aim for Microsoft:D

Sigh got the PSN email just now, bit late it seems.

ANd now XBL is a no go to play COD on, brilliant.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

i can access everything on the XBL support website, except the area where i would be able to edit/remove my credit card details, i guess that will be 2 hours on the phone trying to speak to a recent IT graduate from the University of Hyderabad with a thick accent, Microsoft *****.

He released how to do it though so that everyone could do it which undermines the buying and selling of games.

Geohot made sure that his jailbreak didn't support pirated games so it is not his fault. And he didn't release how to do it, he showed people how to install his jailbreak.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

ok what the **** is going now, even XBL is getting attacked

The Escapist : News : Latest XBL Exploit Takes Aim at User's Credit Cards

these hackers need to stopped now and put in jail coz not only is the PS3 getting attack but so is XBL :(, looks like online gaming might be died now

The de-ranking has been around for about a year?! Also the title of that article is very misleading it doesn't even mention the credit cards. Both console's security are very poor and they need sorting out. Anyway don't worry about it don't leave any cards on your accounts, put in false billing information and just play.

So when is psn going to be on again? I think i'm a lucky one psn haven't emailed me saying that I have been hacked has anyone got this email, what does it says?

So when is psn going to be on again? I think i'm a lucky one psn haven't emailed me saying that I have been hacked has anyone got this email, what does it says?

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at Offizielle PlayStation-Website should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams

Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited (formerly known as PlayStation Network Europe Limited) is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited the data controller for PlayStation Network/Qriocity personal data

****, I got the e-mail saying my account's been hacked!!

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at Offizielle PlayStation-Website should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited (formerly known as PlayStation Network Europe Limited) is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited the data controller for PlayStation Network/Qriocity personal data

You got zoomed. It's not a message saying you have been hacked. It is just saying to be vigilant. I think everyone got it?

****, I got the e-mail saying my account's been hacked!!

Sincerely,

I would check your bank account mate, then I would phone up your bank and cancel your card that you use? and chances every password you think is the same as your PSN ID password