PSN details stolen

Glad i moved to Xbox last year.

After all the hacking hassle I had on WoW, this is why I tend to avoid things like this. Simply not worth the risk

Lol, I those hackers can have fun with the 10 pence in my bank. Aint used my card for a while now. Wills stop using my card for now and if it turns out people have had money taken from their account I'll cancel my card and get a new one.

i hope they dont **** me over, ive been saving money for my 18th :/

The amount of people's details they would have got... It's unlikely they'd happen to use yours.

Have they even gone on record to say "We did this for the money from people's banks?".

The amount of people's details they would have got... It's unlikely they'd happen to use yours.

Have they even gone on record to say "We did this for the money from people's banks?".
you dont know how unlucky i am, i actually think God hates me lol

Hackers have to make a living to survive, they spend all their time on the computer so don't have a regular income, if they aren't using the details themselves to take money from peoples accounts, i bet they are selling lists of account details to other hackers.

I highly doubt they did this for money. If they do take my money though I can sue right? I hope I can... :p

Well we don't know who it is anyways. If it was Anon though as people are speculating they probably wont screw people over as they have said that they have a problem with Sony and not the people.

Hackers have to make a living to survive, they spend all their time on the computer so don't have a regular income, if they aren't using the details themselves to take money from peoples accounts, i bet they are selling lists of account details to other hackers.

You speak the truth, just have to hope it doesn't happen. Have there been any reported cases yet? My bank's been stolen from enough already.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I highly doubt they did this for money. If they do take my money though I can sue right? I hope I can... :p

I can't see Sony being legally able to reject compensation.

You should be able to. Cant people get some type of lawsuit where one person represents and takes up doing it but everyone who has been affected gets compensated. Someone I know was telling me this about how someone got a lawsuit coz of Google Books ripping everyone and he said he would be compensated even though he never took out the lawsuit coz it's a special one. :p
I think its called Class Action or Common Law in this country.

You speak the truth, just have to hope it doesn't happen. Have there been any reported cases yet? My bank's been stolen from enough already.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I can't see Sony being legally able to reject compensation.

You also still owe me a tenner from when we went up to boro.. just sayin.. ;)

I kinda want my money to be stolen so I can try and sue for more than I lost

Glad i moved to Xbox last year.

Your details will still be on PSN.

I reckon with the heat that is on them now, he/she/they might be under a state of panic. Might put them off selling account details.

I have not purchased anything on PSN since 2009, my bank card has since changed (thank god) I also have fraud protection & insurance so I won't be rushing out to cancel cards. I will however be changing a **** load of passwords....LAME!

They originally said that it was to get at Sony and not the PSN users, I believe, so I don't think so.

This could go so badly for Sony because if the hackers do take people's credit card details then Sony are getting sued for a LOT of money. In some ways they'd be better off giving the hackers some money to leave it be. But I'm pretty sure they aren't doing it for the money.

Luckily the card that was on my account had to be canceled because my parent's PC got a keylogger virus and they bought a £1000 worth of iTunes gift cards we got the money back of the credit card company though thankfully. Glad that happened now because there's no way of taking the card off the account.