PSN details stolen

Hacked twice is absolutely ridiculous. Sony will be up to their eyes in lawsuit claims. Have a feeling heads will roll for this

I can't get on in China, neither can one of my friends in Japan, so it would appear to be incorrect.

It hasn't been hacked twice, it all stems from the initial attack. The new news is that Sony have announced that data has been stolen from the SOE databases which houses all their user accounts for the MMO Games they run (Everquest, etc.) (Source)

PS Plus looks like a load of ***** then really. Site says 50 Dollars a year so im guessing UK would be 40ish. Looks like its old classic games and things like that you get free. The odd early demo or beta and some themes...

"Each month there will be 2 dynamic themes, 2 premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many of these will be exclusive to members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.
Plus members will also be given exclusive PlayStation Store discounts each month that are above and beyond the current Store discounts available to everyone. These discounts will range from 20% – 50% and anything you buy with these is yours to keep and enjoy forever.
Finally, wherever possible we’ll be making sure that members are included in some selected demos and beta trials early, before they go live to everyone, so you can be the one to tell all your mates about the next big game they ‘must’ get"

I bought a years PS+ back in October but sadly have spent most of that time without my PS3, sigh. The free games that I've got from it include Wipeout HD, Ratchet & Clank (something, might be Quest for Booty), Street Fighter HD, the entire Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse series, lots of old Sega games including Streets of Rage II, Sonic I & II. Only Beta & early Demo's I can remember are PES 2011 & the latest Socom. As well as the countless mini's which aren't worth mentioning. It cost me £30 but it's increased to £39.99 now.

How much does PlayStation Plus membership cost?
PlayStation Plus costs £39.99 for a one-year membership and £11.99 for a 90-day membership or €49.99 for a one-year membership and €14.99 for a 90-day membership.

So (if you had been able to use it) do you think its worth it overall? Seems like you got a few good games out of it Lee

I was just in touch with Anonymous, they do have your credit details. Anonymous didn't do it, but several members of Anonymous did assist in taking it down. Sony are lying - and according to my source their security was horribly bad.

I was just in touch with Anonymous, they do have your credit details. Anonymous didn't do it, but several members of Anonymous did assist in taking it down. Sony are lying - and according to my source their security was horribly bad.

You know Anonymous? Tell them to put the server back up! -_-

Dont want to be smart but how can you know anonymous or are they just a massive failure in that too

A few more days? That's what they said two weeks ago. Missing the clubbage :(

I think i've forgot how to play FIFA now, going to be very rusty.

Dont want to be smart but how can you know anonymous or are they just a massive failure in that too

Uh, they're known as Anonymous because they're (or should be) when they're hacking. Originally the name was derived from the fact that you post on 4chan as Anonymous. I'm struggling to see how Anonymous have failed? Additionally, it wasn't posted as an operation, nor have Anonymous ever bothered with people's credit details. Anonymous did ddos, but that was unrelated to the PSN credit card details, which was for the lawsuit against George Hotz.

And for all you know I could be Legion;p

Last edited:
PSN Restoration Timeline Update – PlayStation Blog

According to this we only have to wait a few more days. Not getting my hopes up though.

And here's me thinking a 'PSN spokesperson' said it'd at least be down until 30th May or something, hopefully it is just a couple/few more days. Going to get raped on CoD when I go back on by people who have been playing it on their XBox during the down-period.

I think there should be a quadruple experience month tbf.

It said at least a few days, I reckon it be another week or two at least, they won't give us another update till about Saturday saying something like all is going well and PSN will be up soon, And then we will wait at most another week and it be up, They have lost so many customers over this the game shops in Dublin won't take back any PS3's because of the amount they have got back over the last few weeks.

PS3 System Software Update

+ Posted by Eric Lempel // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.

If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.

We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Via Official US Playstation Blog

Downloading the update now, seems the update is live but PSN isn't yet.

Only a matter of time I guess.

Downloading the update now, seems the update is live but PSN isn't yet.

Only a matter of time I guess.

It's live in some places around the world, but it takes time for it to be available in all areas but by the end of tomorrow it should be available for everyone.

Lawls, talked to my Anon pal again - they keep taking it down for ***** and giggles now.