PSN details stolen

Sony to Hold PSN Conference Tomorrow | The Bitbag

Sony’s confirmed that Sony Corp’s Kaz Hirai is to hold a press conference in Japan tomorrow to address last week’s PSN hacking crisis. Hirai will speak at 2.00pm Japanese time (9.00pm PST, 12.00am EST, 5.00am BST, 6.00am CET) about the breach, as well as the firm’s information management system and the schedule to resume services.
Lets hope that Sony adds some features to the PSN that will not only secure the network, but also make the users of the service happy (cross game chat please).
Tells us what you would like from the press conference in the comments.

Cross game chat? Really? Biggest pile of unnecessary **** ever.

Sony to Hold PSN Conference Tomorrow | The Bitbag

Sony’s confirmed that Sony Corp’s Kaz Hirai is to hold a press conference in Japan tomorrow to address last week’s PSN hacking crisis. Hirai will speak at 2.00pm Japanese time (9.00pm PST, 12.00am EST, 5.00am BST, 6.00am CET) about the breach, as well as the firm’s information management system and the schedule to resume services.
Lets hope that Sony adds some features to the PSN that will not only secure the network, but also make the users of the service happy (cross game chat please).
Tells us what you would like from the press conference in the comments.

I'm fairly certain adding new features to the network is incredibly low on Sony's list of priorities at the moment.Finding the hackers, securing the financial and personal details of 77 million users, regaining their trust, getting the network live again and ensuring it's security features are hugely increased would be the only things i would be concentrating on.

you have no idea at the amount of people who have begged sony for that feature...

not really much point unless you wanna chat while playing portal 2 I guess. PS3 planning more cross games in the future?

I'm fairly certain adding new features to the network is incredibly low on Sony's list of priorities at the moment.Finding the hackers, securing the financial and personal details of 77 million users, regaining their trust, getting the network live again and ensuring it's security features are hugely increased would be the only things i would be concentrating on.

Agreed, no other features really need to be added right now. PSN is fine as it was (When it was working), so get it up and running - while maintaining a higher level of security on the Network - and it'd be all good.

agree 100% aswell, I think SONY should be working on finding the hacker and getting the network up & running safe again, not giving us thing that are completely not need at the moment

not really much point unless you wanna chat while playing portal 2 I guess. PS3 planning more cross games in the future?

i myself find it a useless feature, but on other forums and many other sites, it seems like a must needed feature.

I am thinking about buying an xbox for this feature, and more of my friends have xboxs than PS3s
btw i have a PS3 atm

Buying an XBox for that feature? I doubt it. Buying it because most of your friends have it, fair enough, but nobody would part with a good amount of money for that single feature.

i myself find it a useless feature, but on other forums and many other sites, it seems like a must needed feature.

its not need tho atm, I think if SONY was to put it in I bet the XBOX fans would go ape **** and start saying we rob it off of them & doesn't Microsoft own the rights to that anyway

Buying an XBox for that feature? I doubt it. Buying it because most of your friends have it, fair enough, but nobody would part with a good amount of money for that single feature.

no if it didnt have party chat then I wouldnt be considering getting it as the game i go on most is FIFA and when you are on that you can only talk to one person, and is only if you are playing against them, unless you go on 11v11or whatever it is called but I think that that is ****

its not need tho atm, I think if SONY was to put it in I bet the XBOX fans would go ape **** and start saying we rob it off of them & doesn't Microsoft own the rights to that anyway

You can't own the rights to a feature like that. It's like saying Sony can't have Playstation Store because XBox360 has the Marketplace.

I don't really care about cross chat. Don't you have messages? Or chat?

party chat is pretty epic and has made a huge difference to my xbl experience.

PSN to be rolled back out.

Some epic news for PlayStation Owners: PSN is to be rolled out (circa next week), and PSN user are to get some 'Welcome Back Gifts'

Gunn Shop - PSN Back up episode

PSN Blog#

It has been announced that PSN is to be rolled back out. Some of the features to be rolled out are, but not limited to:

Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems
-This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games
Access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers
Access to account management and password reset
Access to download un-expired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
PlayStation®Home
Friends List
Chat Functionality

This is good news for gamers who have been waiting to play Portal 2, or whatnot. As expected it will not be an immediate restoration but it is good enough?

Working closely with several outside security firms, the company has implemented significant security measures to further detect unauthorized activity and provide consumers with greater protection of their personal information. The company is also creating the position of Chief Information Security Officer, directly reporting to Shinji Hasejima, Chief Information Officer of Sony Corporation, to add a new position of expertise in and accountability for customer data protection and supplement existing information security personnel. The new security measures implemented include, but are not limited to, the following:

Added automated software monitoring and configuration management to help defend against new attacks
Enhanced levels of data protection and encryption
Enhanced ability to detect software intrusions within the network, unauthorized access and unusual activity patterns
Implementation of additional firewalls

Again this is very good news, to hear that Sony have taken extra steps to protect us and to make sure that this does not happen again.

PS3 will have a forced system software update that will require all registered PlayStation Network users to change their account passwords before being able to sign into the service. As an added layer of security, that password can only be changed on the same PS3 in which that account was activated, or through validated email confirmation, a critical step to help further protect customer data.

There is speculation as to what the update will occur. Some people are speculating that it will be a re-vamp of the system.

While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, the company is committed to helping its customers protect their personal data and will provide a complimentary offering to assist users in enrolling in identity theft protection services and/or similar programs. The implementation will be at a local level and further details will be made available shortly in each region.

The company will also rollout the PlayStation Network and Qriocity “Welcome Back” program, to be offered worldwide, which will be tailored to specific markets to provide our consumers with a selection of service options and premium content as an expression of the company’s appreciation for their patience, support and continued loyalty.

Central components of the “Welcome Back” program will include:
Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.

Additional “Welcome Back” entertainment and service offerings will be rolled out over the coming weeks as the company returns the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services to the quality standard users have grown to enjoy and strive to exceed those exceptions.

Hopefully this should please customers who were complaining that PSN users should be compensated for a free feature. o_O But still good news. Make sure you take advantage of the One Month PSN Plus Free Subscription, where you can get discounted content from the PSN Store, although this may be nulled as it is speculated that the PSN store will not be release for a while.

30 days free Playstation Plus membership? I am going RAPE the free content that allows me to 'purchase'.

Cheers for the update Rafa.

That'll do for me seeming I only use PS3 for offline play really anyway. But saying that I've been wanting to test out Portal 2 co-op and redeem my free Mac copy for the past week :mad:

Last edited: