vcg

Reaction score
Hi,
This is the first tactic I have ever shared. Played many previous football manager games and alway used tactics from other FM-base players or from KNAP.

My tactic is a 4-1-2-3 that I first used with PSV (my favorite team). I wanted to create a tactic that was also very good for underdough teams. I won everything with PSV in the first season, including a 1-3 win in the final of the champions league against Porto.

After the PSV game I tried it Brigthon Hove and became third in the league and win the FA cup. All of these games i went on holiday because i want to be sure that there is no influnce from me to see how the tactic preforms.

I have uploaded V5 because that is eventualy the version I used in the Brigthon save and has the best defence setup.

The corner exploit is also in the tactic, but most goals did not come from this exploit (even in the replays that i watched).

Training I set on balanced and I don't choose how takes corner or throw-ins.

Try out the tactic, hopefully it will give just as much fun as I had with it.

Sreenshots:
View attachment 24947

View attachment 24946

View attachment 24926

View attachment 24938

View attachment 24945

View attachment 24944

View attachment 24943

View attachment 24925

Last edited:
Wow I'm glad it's working for you :)

Hi Andre, sure I can. Here is v3.

I find v5 better in defence. Another thing is that the defenders need a speed and acceleration. In my Brighton test save we conceded a lot of goals because Shane Duffy has poor stats on these attributies.

I tried v3 first on a test save with Brigton and i then became 8th while the options off side trap was turned off and de defence line was on higher, instead of much higher.

Let me know how it goes.

I don't use any opposition instructions.

AM does general/individual training?
Will test this!

Hi, i´m going to try your tactic with my Celta de Vigo squad for the last 10 matches of the season (fighting for the european spot!). I have inside forwards but i've seen the instructions for the wingers and i suppose it's more suitable for pure wingers than inside forwards, am i right? And in terms of training, i´m lost with the new training schedules. How do you put it on balanced? or what do you do for training? i just leave the assistant to take care of it because i have no idea of how it works (i´ve just bought the game). Thanks in advance.

Hi Sergiolagartija, i'm curious how it will go with Celta de Vigo.

Players with better inside forward stats will do good in these wingers settings. I tried it with inside forwards in version 1, but had better performs with the winger settings. But you can change the roles to inside forwards and see how it goes?

I play Football Manager Touch because there are less things i need to think about (like the new training schedules in FM2019) ;) I manually set the training on balanced in FM Touch.

Can you post your results after the last 10 games?

I'm playing a new carreer game now with Torino. Strange thing is that it seems i get better results when i instant result or go on holiday, then when i play the actual match :S But I'm not completly sure if this is just a feeling or true.

What changes do you make if you get a player sent off?

What changes do you make if you get a player sent off?

I always try to keep the defense intact. So if one of them is sent off I switch the mezella or deep laying playmaker for the one that is sent off.

who takes set pieces? DL and DR?

I don't select anybody for any of the set pieces (because i'm lazy). But if I would select a player, I would look for the ones with the best stats for the selected set pieces.

View attachment 24760

This is actually a sick tactic!
Used it for the 3 games highlighted in red.
I'm not gonna use it for the rest of the save as otherwise the players ive brought would be useless but I think ill defo use it on my next save:)

View attachment 1192237

This is actually a sick tactic!
Used it for the 3 games highlighted in red.
I'm not gonna use it for the rest of the save as otherwise the players ive brought would be useless but I think ill defo use it on my next save:)

Wow great results :) Let me know how the tactic performs in a new save.

Yes, amazing results, but each game I get 1 red card and 10 yellow cards