Psycho's FM World (Not just another World Super League)

psycho1970

Reaction score
Psycho's FM World (Not Just Another World Super League)

Psycho's FM World - April 2013 Edition (see Post 218/219)

The Gold Edition

The Nations Leagues & Cups

Each Nation which has entries into the World Super Leagues has between 1 and 5 divisions depending on the number of teams entered into the World Super League system, the number of teams can vary but is generally 8, if there are more teams than this then there will probably be a league split.

Some Nations didn't have enough teams for a league system which gave me the dilemma of not enabling a league system, merging them with another small nation or adding teams. Merging I think would maybe have caused stability issues so I chose to add teams and so far with the nations which I've had to do this, I've found by researching Real Life teams to add.

League System and Rules

As I've already mentioned generally there are 8 teams per league with teams playing each other twice with a 2 up 2 down promotion/relegation system (no play-offs)

The Leagues start on oct 1st and run until Jan 1st
There are no squad rules apart from the match squad not being able to field more than 4 loan players
Transfer dates are 14th sept - 31st Oct and Jan 1st - 21st Jan (normal) and 22 Jan - 1 feb (domestic loans & free transfers)
The reason for short transfer windows will be explained later when I get on to the World Super League Structure.

Prize money - Top teams get 18.5 million and then it goes down 500K per place to 32nd place and down 250k to 40th place.

The Winner of the Top League will enter a Continental Champions League and the 2nd and 3rd place teams (depending on cup winner) will go into another continental cup ie Euro Cup

Nations Cups

I've kept the FA Cups quite small to keep down the number of fixtures so the max number of teams is 64 with 6 games max, each cup has been tailored to the amount of teams in each nation so some will have single KO rounds while others will be 2 legs.

Winner gets entered into the Continental Cup Winners Cup unless they win league then its either Runner up of cup or 2nd team in league.

For the Nations that have say 35 teams entered into the World League Systems but 40 teams in the national league system I've created a further 2 competitions per nation if required so every team whether in the WSL or not get a Full season of football.

Summer League - 23rd Jul - 24 Sept

Any team in the nations that aren't entered into the WSL get entered into this, generally a 8 team league, random teams (as random as FM gets anyway) from the lower league (inactive division) will make up the numbers.

League Cup -
7/14th Jan - 26th May

as above but will be groups (vary in size) with KO stages afterwards.

The World Super League Qualifying System

The World Super leagues are split into 4 main levels -

World Super Elite
World Premier
World Alliance
World Conference

Each Main Level then has 4 divisions

Qualifiers
Promotion
Championship
Underdogs

Each Division then has 4 sub divisions

European
Africa
Asia & Oceania
(Asia & Oceania have been merged obviously )
Americana (North & South America have been merged)

Now this system seem more complicated than it really is and below is the number of teams in each sub division which if you add the teams together X4 (each level) X4 (each continent) gives you 2400 teams of which by the time I've finished each nation will be playable.

The one thing your notice different about this database that differs from my others is that there is no squad rules ie no registration or home grown players rule, with 3 league systems in place I thought this would be too complicated to manage.

The season starts on the 14 January and runs until end of may/early June

Prize money is 25 million for the Top league team (WSE Qualifiers) gradually going down to 500K to the bottom team (WC Underdogs)

TV money is 35 million for WSE Qualifiers decreasing to 2 million for WC Underdogs

Sub Rules are 5 from 9 all divisions

Transfer periods are set up in nation rules and for the World Super League are 1st Jan - 21 Jan for standard transfers and 22 Jan - 1 Feb for free transfers and Domestic loans.

There are no work permit rules

Discipline rules are the same as the nations which is 3,6,9 yellow card sequence with red cards 1 for 3 - 2 for 6 - 3 for 9 etc and a 1 game ban for every straight red picked up.

Amount of teams in sub divisions x 4 and qualifying/promotion/relegation spots

Abbreviations - AP = automatic promotion
AR = automatic relegation
POP = Play-Off promotion
POR = Play-Off relegation

Sub divisions are split into groups of 10 and below is the overall Promotion/relegation spots per sub division

Qualifiers -
10 teams - 2 qualifiers - 2 AR - 1 POR
Promotion - 20 teams - 2 AP - 1 POP - 4 AR - 2 POR
Championship - 40 teams - 4 AP - 2 POP - 8 AR - 4 POR
Underdogs -
80 teams - 8 AP - 4 POP - No relegation (lowest league)

The World Super League Finals

As I've already explained that the domestic season runs from 1st October till 1st January and the World super League Qualifiers run from 14th January till the end of may/early june this then brings to the World Super League Finals and hopefully your team has won or at least became runners up of their top division.

And to bring the season to a climax we have 4 World Super League finals which run from the 23rd June till the 24th Sept.

The 4 finals are -

World Super Elite Final -
Winner and runner up of the main level Super league Qualifying system.

World Premiership Final -
Winner and runner up of the 2nd level Super league Qualifying system.

World Alliance Final -
Winner and runner up of the 3rd level Super league Qualifying system.

World Conference Final -
Winner and runner up of the 4th level Super league Qualifying system.

In each final 8 teams play each other twice in a league format with the winners being crowned in the case of World Super Elite World Club Champions and in the other 3 World champions of there Class, the only World super Final that can be defended is the top one as the teams in the other will become promoted to the Underdogs division in level above them.

Now I'm going to answer the 3 questions which I think your be asking, the 1st being -

Why are the finals at the beginning of the season ?

The way FM12 calculates winners and runners up means that if they happened say in Feb- May as I would have preferred then the game would have picked the previous seasons winners and runners up and this is the reason why the transfer windows are short as whatever team that entered these finals I wanted them to play with the squad that got them there.

How did you pick the teams for the first finals and why them ?

I was totally unbiased in doing this, if I had picked teams on my choices then Bayern, Man Utd, Santos, and Boca would have been there. (I punished Man Utd for not winning this season by putting them in the promotion division), so I ran a season on holiday mode without the finals being active and put in the 8 teams that qualified from their divisions in.

What happens to my team during July - October if they aren't in the finals ?

I've built 16 competitions for these teams to play in.

The World Series Cup and Other Competitions

The World Series Cup is a 21 round single KO competition involving all 2400 teams within the WSL structure and below is a approx guide to where teams enter.

First Qualifying round - World Conference (WC) Underdog teams
Second Qualifying round - WC Championship & WC Promotion teams
Third Qualifying Round - WC Conference & some World Alliance(WA) underdog teams
Fourth Qualifying Round - WA Underdog teams
First round - WA Championship teams
Second Round - WA Promotion & World Alliance teams
Third Round - some World Premier (WP) Underdog teams
Fourth Round - rest of WP Underdog & WP championship teams
Fifth Round - World Premier & some World Super Elite (WSE) Underdog teams
Sixth Round - rest of WSE Underdogs teams & some WSE championship
Seventh Round - rest of WSE Championship & WSE Promotion Teams
Eighth Round - No extra teams enter
Ninth Round - No extra teams enter
Tenth Round - World Super Elite Teams
Eleventh to Final - No extra teams enter

These games are spread out through the season from 3/8/2011 - 2/6/2012 I,ve yet to decide where the Final will take place as using neutral stadium just picks stadiums from England.

The Level Cups by Continent's ie European World Super Elite Cup & European World Super Elite Vase (theres cup and vases for each level)

One of the problems I faced was what was I going to do with teams that didn't make it to the World League Finals and this is the solution. Now ideally I didn't want the teams that did make it to the finals to take part in these competitions
but unfortunately theres no exceptions option available in the normal editor so I gave a bye to the semi finals to the 2 top rep teams in the World Super Elite Cups

???? World Super Elite Cup -
8 teams play in 2 groups playing each other twice with the 2 top teams entering the semi-finals(single leg) with the 2 teams with a bye to this round, I chose to add only 8 matches so if a team thats playing in the World League Finals does enter at the group stage then theres enough room to move fixtures, if unfortunately a non World League Finals team gets the bye then I would suggest to arrange friendlies to fill any gaps in the calender.

???? World Super Elite Vase - teams from the Promotion, Championships and Underdogs take part in this competitions 140 teams per comp

First Preliminary Round - 40 teams (random) play in a single KO
Group Stage - 100 teams join the 20 from above to play in 20 single game groups with the winner of each group and the next best 12 entering the next round
First Round - Single KO 32 teams whittled down to 16
Second Round - Single KO 16 teams whittled down to 8
Quarter Finals - Single KO 8 teams whittled down to 4
Semi Finals - Single KO 4 teams whittled down to 2
Final - Single KO 2 teams to battle for the Vase

World Reserve Leagues

The one thing that has never been done in a World Super League Database that retains teams true nationality is a reserve league system (as far as I'm aware anyway) until now.

This part probably caused me the most headaches, i did a small test League to see if it was possible to get reserve teams from across the world working and was successful until I built the whole system then things went a bit haywire, I ended up with Man Utd 1st team playing in every division as well as the ones they were meant to be in (wish I'd taken a screen shot of Rooney season history with over 200 league appearances LOL)in the first season then Barcelona 1st team doing the same in the second season. I must have spent 2 days getting to the route of the problem which was France (theres another separate file apparently for the reserve fixtures for French teams and until new nation rules are applied.
Now this is nowhere as big as the main event only 328 teams have been chosen for the 4 divisions (if your team isn't in the World Reserves they should be in their nation reserve league/s

I've also added Cups for these 328 teams as well. I'm not going to go into detail about the reserve leagues and comps, its something I'll let you find out about by yourself or you can ask questions and I'll answer as there asked.

Well thats about all of the Psycho's FM World covered apart from the rest of the 10 levels of the English League System which your discover once you've started playing in Psycho's FM World

Downloading - Set Up - Installation - Starting Game Instructions

Download (Click the heading it will take you to the download page) and unzip the file to anywhere but the sports interactive folder.

Your see 8 folders where you unzipped the file too - 1 named Essentials which can be placed in the editor data folder in C:\Users\???\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\
6 folders are the Continents with the nations league systems (apart from England and France which are in the essentials and must be loaded) .

and the final folder is called My Nations and is empty, decide which nations from within the 6 continent folders that you would like loaded in the game and place them in My Nations (I would recommend no more than 62 nations plus the essential files should be loaded at any one time.)
Once done place the My Nations folder in the editor data folder.
Start FM12 and select New Game, a pop up box will appear and to the left bottom of this box will be how many files are loaded out of how many you have within the editor folder, you should have 16 + the number of nations you placed in the My Nations folder if you have less or more then tick the box next to change.
Another screen will appear with all the files that are in the folder, bottom right of the screen is a tab named clear, click it all files are now un-ticked, tick all the files that are associated with Psycho's FM World (if your not sure which are or aren't open the 2 folders within the editor folder and double check.
Once all done click proceed.
Your now in the nations select screen (after a little while anyway) select England and any other nation/s you wish to manage in (France doesn't have to be selected as long as the file is loaded within the database all will work)

Click Proceed
Your now in the League selection screen, make sure England is loaded down to the league English Dulux Trinity(this ensures all World Super Leagues are within the game)
Click Load and proceed as normal.

Enjoy.

PS. if your late for school/college/work or a important meeting just explain you live in Psycho's World now.

psycho1970 (King of FM World)

View attachment 256660View attachment 256655View attachment 256658View attachment 256659View attachment 256652View attachment 256654View attachment 256653View attachment 256656View attachment 256657View attachment 256657

Last edited:
The Nations Leagues & Cups

By the end of completion there will be 200 + leagues that you will be able to choose from to load up with the main files.

Each Nation which has entries into the World Super Leagues has between 1 and 5 divisions depending on the number of teams entered into the World Super League system, the number of teams can vary but is generally 8, if there are more teams than this then there will probably be a league split.

Some Nations didn't have enough teams for a league system which gave me the dilemma of not enabling a league system, merging them with another small nation or adding teams. Merging I think would maybe have caused stability issues so I chose to add teams and so far with the nations which I've had to do this, I've found by researching Real Life teams to add.

League System and Rules

As I've already mentioned generally there are 8 teams per league with teams playing each other twice with a 2 up 2 down promotion/relegation system (no play-offs)

The Leagues start on oct 1st and run until Jan 1st
There are no squad rules apart from the match squad not being able to field more than 4 loan players
Transfer dates are 14th sept - 31st Oct and Jan 1st - 21st Jan (normal) and 22 Jan - 1 feb (domestic loans & free transfers)
The reason for short transfer windows will be explained later when I get on to the World Super League Structure.

Prize money - Top teams get 18.5 million and then it goes down 500K per place to 32nd place and down 250k to 40th place.

The Winner of the Top League will enter a Continental Champions League and the 2nd and 3rd place teams (depending on cup winner) will go into another continental cup ie Euro Cup

Nations Cups

I've kept the FA Cups quite small to keep down the number of fixtures so the max number of teams is 64 with 6 games max, each cup has been tailored to the amount of teams in each nation so some will have single KO rounds while others will be 2 legs.

Winner gets entered into the Continental Cup Winners Cup unless they win league then its either Runner up of cup or 2nd team in league.

For the Nations that have say 35 teams entered into the World League Systems but 40 teams in the national league system I've created a further 2 competitions per nation if required so every team whether in the WSL or not get a Full season of football.

Summer League - 23rd Jul - 24 Sept

Any team in the nations that aren't entered into the WSL get entered into this, generally a 8 team league, random teams (as random as FM gets anyway) from the lower league (inactive division) will make up the numbers.

League Cup - 7/14th Jan - 26th May

as above but will be groups (vary in size) with KO stages afterwards.

And thats the Nations explained, please feel free to ask any questions.

When is going to be made availible for normal users who want to download? And why only allow premium members to have it anyway?

please could you let me know when this will be available for general download, sounds great

general release is 7-14 days depending how much time I can spend on finishing it and I wanted to limit the availability until most of the leagues have been done so premium members only seemed ideal. and i can release details more slowly building up the anticipation :p

Ok, do you think you could maybe have a look at my thread "merging nations" and see if you or another editor could maybe take on that project?

into my tenth season with your regionalised system, patiently waiting for the v2 now i find this :eek:. it looks immense! can't wait for this.

Will any international cup competitions (World Cup, European Championship)?
And won't that mean with only 8 per league that there will be many more divisions per country?

Ok, do you think you could maybe have a look at my thread "merging nations" and see if you or another editor could maybe take on that project?

This is going to be my last major project for FM12 apart from tweaking the regional and Gb super League Dbs

into my tenth season with your regionalised system, patiently waiting for the v2 now i find this :eek:. it looks immense! can't wait for this.

Am going to take a look at the regions db to see if I can amend it without a complete rebuild and without sounding to big headed this Db will completely raise the bar for future world Super Leagues.

Will any international cup competitions (World Cup, European Championship)?
And won't that mean with only 8 per league that there will be many more divisions per country?

Yes I've added my world summer international files with it as it helps enormously with combating fixture clashes.

The only teams I've concentrated on are those that are in the WSL or the numbers I needed to fill nation Leagues but saying that I understand I'll get the why isnt my team ???? in the WSL/database and will at the time of release be explaining how to swap your team with another without crashing the game and if I have time I will be adding a whole new dimension to the database, but with FM13 rushing towards us it may have to wait for that version( if I make one for FM13 that is).

I will try and get as many leagues finished as I can to give you a wide variety of teams to choose from and do my best to try and release a version for everybody to try out within a week.:)

Well i am certainly looking, forward to this DB especially since its "going to raise the bar for future world super league" and thnaks for the reply on the Merging Nations thing.
And what will this whole new dimension thing gonna be about?????

Nations currently completed (the ones highlighted)

View attachment 257145

I'm going to give FM Base members the chance to decide which nations I do next, as you can see from the screenshot South America and Oceania have been completed but with around 140 nations still to be done theres plenty to choose from (it sounds a lot but I'm actually flying through them now the major nations have been done) oh, only 2 choices per post and 5 other people have to have posted before you can post again.

The next ones to be done then are -

British Virgin Islands
San Marino
Hungary
Russia
Denmark
Turkey
Poland

just a reminder it can be any nation not just those that aren't highlighted in the screenshot.

I'll try and find a bit of time tomorrow to post more about the World super League Structure.:)

@sammyt

No British Virgin team made it in the current WSL, if you want, name 2 teams and I'll swap them with 2 other teams in the WSL

Qatar and Saudi Arabia would be good and can I ask if a team isn't originally in the WSL can they still qualify.