We had to many draws in December and dropped points in games we should have won. There was only one defeat though which is a plus. First game of the month was a fantastic 6-1 win over Ringwood in the Hampshire Cup. Wingwood are several divisions below us but it is still great to win by such a margin. We also had a great win in the first round of the FA Trophy. We beat AFC Wimbledon 4-3 and came from behind to win the game. It was a great comeback.

View attachment 76243

View attachment 76244

Are main problem is still inconsistency. We can win a game 4-0 then a couple of weeks later lose 5-0. We need to get this right as it is stopping us being one of the best teams in the division. We have the right players and the right tactic we just don't get it right all the time and this really showed in January. We are just about holding onto the last playoff spot at the moment.

We got knocked out of the FA Trophy in the 3rd round which was disapointing. It would have been nice to win this again as hopefully next season we will be a league side and not be able to compete in that competition.

View attachment 76245

View attachment 76246

This month we seemed to have got it right. Another great win in the Hampshire Cup puts us through to the semi finals and we have a great chance of retaining the cup. In the league we won 4 out of 5 games and each win was very convincing. We are now up to second place in the league and I'm feeling much happier.

View attachment 76247

View attachment 76248

March was another solid month with 3 wins and 1 draw. We scored a total of 10 goals and only conceded 2. We are still in second place which is great but that will be the best we can do as Rushall have been confirmed as champions after a great campaign so far.

View attachment 76249

View attachment 76250

It's the last month of the season and we have it all to play for. We are second in the league but still aren't guaranteed a playoff place yet with three games to go. It is very close at the top with eight teams being in with a shot at promotion.

We got it right won all of our games and finished the season in second place. This is a great achievement we just need to get it right in the playoffs. To top things off we retained the Hampshire Cup with a good win over old rivals AFC Portchester.

View attachment 76251

View attachment 76252

you have got a playoff place

Yes we are in the playoffs and have been drawn against Wrexham. They have been a good side this year so it will be a difficult game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm doing a Vics save myself as the English side of my family is from the Isle of Wight. I'm about to start my 1st season in Southern League First Division South/West, and suddenly I get a unsolicited job offer from Fulham for $19,500 a week compared to the "new" offer from the Vics for $450 a week. I really want to try and keep the Vics moving along, but that's an awful lot of money I'd be turning down.

I'm doing a Vics save myself as the English side of my family is from the Isle of Wight. I'm about to start my 1st season in Southern League First Division South/West, and suddenly I get a unsolicited job offer from Fulham for $19,500 a week compared to the "new" offer from the Vics for $450 a week. I really want to try and keep the Vics moving along, but that's an awful lot of money I'd be turning down.

Half my family live in Cowes which is why the Vics stood out when I was looking for a level 10 club.

I got the same job offer from Fulham but didn't take it as I wanted to make the Vics a league club.

Good luck with you're game and let me know how you get on. I recomend signing Jason Oladale. He scores for fun and still gets a game now and I'm in my 9th season. He has scored way over 100 goals in 8 seasons and hasn't been a first team choice for about 4 seasons now.

Well in my first season I pretty much cut almost the entire team and signed a bunch of players off the free transfer wire. Probably not what you did. But I figured it was the best shot I had at being good. Turns out I was right. I've been using the 4312 Real Madrid tactic and changing the right side strike to a poacher.

Well in my first season I pretty much cut almost the entire team and signed a bunch of players off the free transfer wire. Probably not what you did. But I figured it was the best shot I had at being good. Turns out I was right. I've been using the 4312 Real Madrid tactic and changing the right side strike to a poacher.

I kept most of the players that were already there in my first season but did bring in some new players.

We have been drwn against Wrexham in the playoff semi final. he first game is away and I'm hoping for a draw so that we can then take a bit of an advantage into the second leg. Wrexham have been a good team all season but I am confident that we can win the game over the two legs.

View attachment 77976

What a great win away from home. Gordon Dunbar was on amazing form scoring the first two goals. I'm gutted that he rejected a new contract and will be moving on at the end of the season. Replacing him will be priority.

View attachment 77977

We are through to the final. The second leg wasn't so good with a 1-1 draw but over the two legs we won convincingly. Fransisco will be disapointed he was sent off as he will not be able to play in the final. He has been a solid defender all season.

Good luck with the final. 2017 and still going, impressive! Keep it up :)

We face Hednesford in the final. We are pretty evenly matched teams and I have no clue which way this will go. Hednesford finish one place and three points behind us in the league.

Well I can tell you it was a nail biting final played in front of a crowd of 38,828 at Wembley. Hednesford took the lead on 39 minutes and went in for the break looking like the better team. When the sides came back out Hednesford had East Cowes pinned back and there was no way that East Cowes could break through. Hednesford were playing as a solid unit. The 90 minutes were up and East Cowes hadnit responded. The referee signalled two minutes of injury time and East Cowes pushed forward with everything they had. Time was running out but out of nowhere there was an opening. I was sitting on the edge of my seat as Gordon Dunbar took a shot with what must surely be the last kick og the game. And in it flew. I couldn't believe it. We had pulled the game back and was in with a chance. Alex Keith then scored the winer in extra time to cap off a truly amazing comeback from East Cowes.

View attachment 77981

With promotion achieved the board announced that The Vics were to become a professional team. They also announced their plans to build a new stadium with capacity for 7292 fans.

View attachment 77982

Well my aim was to get promoted to League Two within ten years and I managed it within eight which means the challenge has now been completed.

I think that I will leave the game there and try another challenge. That means that this story is now finished.

that was a very good read :)
well done with all of the promotions

you going to have a story like this for fm11?

I'd like to but at the moment I don't have fm11. In fact I don't have a computer. My laptop blew up and I cant afford a new one.