W4NKER

Reaction score
Join me if you will in both an experiment and a story.

I'm in search of a fresh save as a break from my long term one (into 2062 now in it http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...kers-pentagon-champions-league-challenge.html).

I don't want it to be a full on save. Instead I want to leave as much as my possible to my staff.

Staff Roles:

Assistant Manager: input on tactics, pick starting XI and take charge of games (via Instant Result)

Director of Football: buy and sell players; loan out promising youngsters

Head of Youth Development: sign and develop the next stars

After all I am paying them all a wage... time they earned it! :D

My Role:

- Hire and fire assistant manager, director of football and head of youth development

- Assess the squad and identify potential signings

- Select players to be sold/loaned by Director of Football

- Overrule my staff if they are attempting anything daft.

FULHAM (2012-present)

2012/13

Prem - 3rd
FA Cup - Semis
League Cup - Quarters

2013/14
Prem - 5th
FA Cup - 3rd Rnd
League Cup - 3rd Rnd
Champions League - Quarter Final

LIVERPOOL (2014-present)

2014/15
Prem - 2nd
FA Cup - 4th Rnd
League Cup - 4th Rnd
Europa League - Semi Final

2015/16

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see this with a club with money. An Arsenal or a PSG etc...

FulhamCrest1.GIF

FULHAM APPOINT W4NKER AS JOL SUCCESSOR!

I have the English leagues loaded and allowed the game to select my club for me and up popped Fulham. Should be fun and a change to the usual big clubs that end up all to easy to dominate with.

First things first: acquiring my staff.

DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL

I poached Les Reed from Southampton. His judgement of player potential and ability as well as tactical knowledge should prove vital.

View attachment 335212

ASSISTANT MANAGER

Here I just kept Martin Jol's old assistant Michael Lindeman as his attributes warrant at stab at being my main man. Everything depends on him. If his tactical approach or team selections are wrong then I will ultimately pay the price!

View attachment 335213

HEAD OF YOUTH DEVELOPMENT

Again, the man already here when I arrived seems more than capable of producing the goods and so will be given the chance to do so. Fail and he's gone!

View attachment 335211

As Lindeman prefers a 4-2-3-1 formation I'll concentrate on that set up. Viewing the squad report we seem weakest in the AMR position with Bryan Ruiz our best option there. However Ruiz is much better in the AMC role so an AMR will free him up for that.

View attachment 335210

Sadly, with only £3.95m to spend the Director of Football was unable to grab any of the targets I identified.

View attachment 335209

Rather than spend the money just for the sake of it we shall keep it and hopefully be given more in the January window to make our first signing.

The only notable transfer out was Simon Davies to Leeds on a free. Got his £30,000 a week wage off the books.

now this sounds like a lot of fun

Something different! Hopefully it works and my assistant doesn't get me fired!

Would be interesting to see this with a club with money. An Arsenal or a PSG etc...

Suppose it would with more money to spend but looking a break from a big club. Maybe Arsenal will come calling one day..

August/September 2012

View attachment 335223

An excellent start! Progress in the Capital One Cup and sitting a lofty 4th place in the league. Surely it can't last!?

View attachment 335224

Will keep updates short and sweet and every couple of months. With Instant Result being used we should progress quite quickly.

December 2012

THE ASSISTANT MANAGER IS MAKING AN *** OUT OFF ME!!

An almost flawless month including back-to-back victories over Arsenal and Man City have propelled us to the top of the league...well, joint top.

View attachment 335244

View attachment 335242

View attachment 335241View attachment 335243

Awards, awards and more awards.

View attachment 335240

As we approach the transfer window I always keep an eye on those players who now become available on a bosman. The scouts are out and maybe we can find one or two players for the Director of Football to talk to.

wow your *** man is killing it who do you have and what tac re you useing

The assistant is Michael Lindeman (screenshot in my second post)

Tactic is a 4-2-3-1 tweak of Sacchi's tactic on here. Literally threw it together in second just for this story. Seems to be working an absolute charm!

The assistant is Michael Lindeman (screenshot in my second post)

Tactic is a 4-2-3-1 tweak of Sacchi's tactic on here. Literally threw it together in second just for this story. Seems to be working an absolute charm!
its a good tac im useing it in all my saves well the 4231 or the 4222

its a good tac im useing it in all my saves well the 4231 or the 4222
The one I'm using is different to the 4231 on the tweak thread. This one uses wingers. I'll post it up if the results continue

The one I'm using is different to the 4231 on the tweak thread. This one uses wingers. I'll post it up if the results continue

is it the 1 with the back6 lb cd cd rb dm dm then amr amc aml and 1 st i have seen it in the thred but if its giving results like it has for you might have to try it

January Transfer Window

At last the Director of Football Les Reed works for his wage.

As usual I scouted all the players whose contracts were entering the final 6 months and some good players looked like being available.

I highlighted and added as transfer targets the better ones and low and behold Mr Reed sealed a few deals for us.

Coming in on frees during the summer are:

David Ospina (GK)

View attachment 335247

For a free transfer Ospina is a great replacement for Mark Schwarzer

Douglas (DC)

View attachment 335248

Lots of clubs were interested but we stole him and I'm over the moon.

Jose Casado (DL)

View attachment 335249

Riise is coming to the end of his career and Kieran Richardson isn't a Premier League left back so in comes Jose.

_________

And for a fee...

Aleksandar Ignjovski (DM)
£10,000,000 from Werder Bremen

View attachment 335246

A bit more than I would have liked but a player of great potential.

January/February 2013

FULHAM MAINTAIN UNLIKELY TITLE CHALLENGE!!

View attachment 335252

We lie 2nd now after more good performances. Whilst I still think a title challenge will eventually fall away I'm keeping a close eye n the team in 5th. If we can keep some distance between them and us then perhaps we can dream of Champions League football next season!!

View attachment 335251

March/April 2013

FA CUP SEMI FINAL AGONY!

View attachment 335307

In the league we dropped a few points most notably away to relegation-threatened Reading whilst Spurs in 5th place put a good run together and closed the gap on us in the race for Champions League football.

View attachment 335305

A nervy win over Everton set up another cup clash with Man Utd, this time in the semi final of the FA Cup. We even had the cheek to take an early lead but the big dogs pegged us back again and we bowed out 3-1.

View attachment 335306