Qatar to offer Guardiola €20 million per year!

Meerkat_Arshavin

Simples!
Reaction score
Qatar Football Federation chiefs want Pep Guardiola to take over as national team boss after Bruno Metsu was sacked from the post.

Having played for Al Ahli for two years, Guardiola formed excellent relationships with numerous Qatar football officials and he even helped the Arab country win the 2022 World Cup bid.

The Qatar national team chief, Skeikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Bin Ahmad al-Thani now wants to return the favour and he is willing to offer the Barcelona coach €20 million per year to take over the national team post.

The sheikh is a big fan of Barcelona’s style of football and he wants Guardiola to implement the same philosophy to lead Qatar to 2022 World Cup finals.

Seeing that the talented coach has already achieved a lot at Barcelona, he could be tempted to embark on a new challenge.

http://www.soccernews.com/qatar-to-offer-guardiola-e20-million-per-year/69772/

He's not even that good a coach XD

By the way thats about £350k per week... Woahh

Last edited:
They may be forgetting that Qatar don't have the players of Barcelona caliber.. Haha

Please **** off to Qatar, Pep.

Had enough of your antics with Fabregas, the less people I despite at Barcelona, the better.

Last edited:
He's never gonna do what he's done at Barca at Qatar, a bit ridiculous tbh.

Please **** off to Qatar, Pep.

Had enough of your antics with Fabregas, the less people I despite at Barcelona, the better.

(Please don't now make this about how Arsenal will/won't get beaten by Barca - it's irrelevant, I hate them for several reasons)

With or without Pep, Arsenal are gonna get mauled by Barca ;)

I don't know, Arsenal can turn it on when they want to, but they do get complacent way too much!

This thread isnt Arsenal vs Barcelona.

yet...

seriously though thats far too much money for someone who inherited the best squad in the world... he's basically started his career at Barcelona. If it was FM we'd be ridiculing him for not challenging himself ;)

Yeah, as if he'd do that...

Barca: Win shed-loads of trophies with minimal effort.
Qatar: Win.. the dressing room raffle?

Seriously, anybody would be tempted by the money offered, but I'm sure it'll damage his reputation if he joined and won **** all.

Yeah, as if he'd do that...

Barca: Win shed-loads of trophies with minimal effort.
Qatar: Win.. the dressing room raffle?

Seriously, anybody would be tempted by the money offered, but I'm sure it'll damage his reputation if he joined and won **** all.

The guy could retire at the end of his contact and still earn more than he would ever earn anywhere else XD

It would definitely be quite a challenge for him. Now Qatar only need to buy some Brazilian gems and make sure they don't play for the Brazilian NT until they've got Qatari nationality.

Villas-Boas would be a nice replacement for Guardiola.

Now Qatar only need to buy some Brazilian gems and make sure they don't play for the Brazilian NT until they've got Qatari nationality.

Don't you meant teams within the leagues in Qatar? :p

I hope they hire him, on absolutely mind blowing money plus a long term contract.

Then after realizing that he isn't as good as Barca make him out to be, Qatar sack him, and lose so much money over him in compo.

Dammit I'm still bitter over the WC2022 "winning bid".

Lol are they serious? Lead Qatar to the world cup finals.

The only reason Qatar is even able to experience a World Cup is because they are host, with or without Guardiola they wouldn't even make it past the group stages.

Lol are they serious? Lead Qatar to the world cup finals.

The only reason Qatar is even able to experience a World Cup is because they are host, with or without Guardiola they wouldn't even make it past the group stages.

They have got to try though right?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I see that you are a solid 6 years old

At the end of the day, a manager can only do so much. Fact of the matter is Qatar's squad just isn't good enough.