Qatar to offer Guardiola €20 million per year!

and if they did that, they wouldn't be allowed in any more world cups for years.

I hope FIFA have rule against it. However, if they stay there the normal amount of time required to gain nationality FIFA can do nothing about it. Senna and Caucau for example.

They grant citizenship to anybody who provides "outstanding service to the state over a number of years" so yeah they can give neutralized citizenship to anybody they like..

Interesting because my uncle left the British Army for the Australian army and was given an Aussie passport within a few months.

I hope FIFA have rule against it. However, if they stay there the normal amount of time required to gain nationality FIFA can do nothing about it. Senna and Caucau for example.

As long as they aren't offering citizenship within days of footballers arriving in nation, a few years before the world cup begins, they will be fine.

*rolls eyes*

You realize not everyone in Qatar has to have an arabic name right? Not everyone in Qatar are solely of Qatari nationality.

I could show you a million examples of someone with a "foreign" name who isn't foreign at all. and the fact of the matter is, the name makes no difference on nationality, so no he has no point.

Well mate he was not born in Qatar but Brazil, and yes we know not everyone in a country are solely of that nationaly there is a word for this "Immagrant".

Well mate he was not born in Qatar but Brazil, and yes we know not everyone in a country are solely of that nationaly there is a word for this "Immagrant".

Immagrant? lol

The point of him going to Qatar and being given nationality lends credibility to the theory that Qatar may do this for the world cup.

His name has nothing to do with it though (which is what you posted). What if there are brazilians in qatar who gave their son a traditional brazilian name, would he be any less Qatari? No.

*rolls eyes*

You realize not everyone in Qatar has to have an arabic name right? Not everyone in Qatar are solely of Qatari nationality.

I could show you a million examples of someone with a "foreign" name who isn't foreign at all. and the fact of the matter is, the name makes no difference on nationality, so no he has no point.

Ergh stop being so argumentative. What I mean is most people with Qatari citizenship would have Arabic names, not that everybody in the whole country would have one. Hence why those that do not have Arabic names are 99% of the time going to be immigrants.

Surely it's not that hard to understand.

Does it even matter?

Ergh stop being so argumentative. What I mean is most people with Qatari citizenship would have Arabic names, not that everybody in the whole country would have one. Hence why those that do not have Arabic names are 99% of the time going to be immigrants.

Surely it's not that hard to understand.

Does it even matter?

The process of people pigeon holing others based on their name does matter to me. It's simply ignorant. The guy in question is qatari with a brazilian name, why even mention it when the fact is he is qatari and has earned his citizenship regardless of his name or immigrant origin.

Immagrant? lol

The point of him going to Qatar and being given nationality lends credibility to the theory that Qatar may do this for the world cup.

His name has nothing to do with it though (which is what you posted). What if there are brazilians in qatar who gave their son a traditional brazilian name, would he be any less Qatari? No.

What is wrong wrong with you he is born in Brazil that is my point. Im not saying anything about Brazilians born in Qatar

What is wrong wrong with you he is born in Brazil that is my point. Im not saying anything about Brazilians born in Qatar

your post:

Fábio César Montezine Qatari midfieler. Not a very Arabic name is it

Your above post has nothing to do with anything. Which is why I have a problem with it, hence my "what are you on about"

Does he need an arabic name? From your previous post you suggest no, so what was the point of your post in the first place?

The process of people pigeon holing others based on their name does matter to me. It's simply ignorant. The guy in question is qatari with a brazilian name, why even mention it when the fact is he is qatari and has earned his citizenship regardless of his name or immigrant origin.

Do you even understand what we are talking about? All we said was his name doesn't sound Arabic, it sounds Brazilian, and oh what a surprise, he is Brazilian. Just like the African players that play for Qatar, they are surprisingly African. It's not ignorant it's just logical, the fact you feel the need to argue about it, saying it is ignorant and pigeon holing just seems as if you are looking for a fight, utterly pointless.

I know his name doesn't have to sound Arabic, but the fact that every player in the Qatar national team that doesn't have an Arabic name is in fact foreign, kind of proves a point!

Last edited:
The only reason you would do this is for the money, and pep isnt a money grabber

Do you even understand what we are talking about? All we said was his name doesn't sound Arabic, it sounds Brazilian, and oh what a surprise, he is Brazilian. Just like the African players that play for Qatar, they are surprisingly African. It's not ignorant it's just logical, the fact you feel the need to argue about it, saying it is ignorant and pigeon holing just seems as if you are looking for a fight, utterly pointless.

I know his name doesn't have to sound Arabic, but the fact that every player in the Qatar national team that doesn't have an Arabic name is in fact foreign, kind of proves a point!

yay, another mental midget.

There was no point, which is why I questioned it with "wtf are you on about"

Why even bring up his Brazilian name if it makes ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE regarding nationality?

Are you on pace yet?

The irony of the matter is that you technically agree with me *facepalm*

yay, another mental midget.

There was no point, which is why I questioned it with "wtf are you on about"

Why even bring up his Brazilian name if it makes ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE regarding nationality?

Are you on pace yet?

The irony of the matter is that you technically agree with me *facepalm*

This is so amazingly irrelevant - you've just created a mountain from the smallest of molehills - The point is you were criticising the original post for suggesting that a Brazilian sounding name belonged to someone who wasn't born in Qatar...

The original point was that Qatar can give citizenship to whoever they want, proven by the numerous players in their team, including this Brazilian guy, who have different nationalities but Qatari citizenship.

Why is this even an issue? Your accusing Aaaandy of basically generalising Qataris when he wasn't at all..

The original point was that Qatar can give citizenship to whoever they want, proven by the numerous players in their team, including this Brazilian guy, who have different nationalities but Qatari citizenship.

but they are qatari and have earned their citizenship, the etiology of their name makes absolutely no difference.

Saying the player's name is not"very arabic" is the problem. As we've established it doesn't have to be, which makes me question why you ever say something like that in the first place unless you don't have a clue. Hence my "wtf are you on about comment"

Got it yet? Good.

well He is hardly a good coach, any average manager can take a team with Messi,Xavi,Iniesta and Villa to trophies

The only reason you would do this is for the money, and pep isnt a money grabber

So your saying he went to play in Qatar for the standard of football when he was a player ??

Everyone has a price, also Guardiola is a great coach and anyone who says any differant is a complete ***. He's brought through players such as Pedro and Busquets from nowhere, 2 players who in the time he's been at Barcalona have broke through and won a world cup.

Guardiola will have to leave Barcelona to take over as manager??

If yes than go eff off Qatar!!!

Yeah, as if he'd do that...

Barca: Win shed-loads of trophies with minimal effort.
Qatar: Win.. the dressing room raffle?

Seriously, anybody would be tempted by the money offered, but I'm sure it'll damage his reputation if he joined and won **** all.

This raffle is probably around 10m.

Also, Skeikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Bin Ahmad al-Thani - rofl.

well He is hardly a good coach, any average manager can take a team with Messi,Xavi,Iniesta and Villa to trophies

Well even though Barca has so many WORLD CLASS players, a QUALITY manager is needed to play them properly and maintain harmony in the club.... Even RM have top notch squad but no manager is able to win trophies.. Pep also promoted in Pedro and Busquets and many other players!!

Playing inexperienced Busquets at DM and Yaya Toure as CB which is not even his position in UCL final and winning it cannot be achieved by any average,mediocre manager.

BUT, 20 mn year is ridiculous!