Tough looking CL Group but I'm sure QPR will escape it! Hopefully you only lose to Liverpool ;)

Tough looking CL Group but I'm sure QPR will escape it! Hopefully you only lose to Liverpool ;)

Thanks Patrick. We were only 'pot 3' for the draw so we've ended up with some tough teams to play. Also if we only lose to Liverpool then I'm pretty sure we would still go very close to winning the premiership so I'd take that!

Pity the new stadium wont be ready in time for the Madrid game mate.

Sure they'd be packing their britches if they had to run out in front of a packed house at Ferdinand Arena! ;)

Pity the new stadium wont be ready in time for the Madrid game mate.

Sure they'd be packing their britches if they had to run out in front of a packed house at Ferdinand Arena! ;)

Not wrong. Although a packed Loftus Rd and its intimacy offers its own challenges!!

View attachment 2809481 October 2017

September Summary

September Results
View attachment 280947
This is why managers complain about shortening their lifespans. To go 2 up so early and then draw against Liverpool was disappointing then to go 3 nil up and have Arsenal come back to 3 all was mortifying. Thankfully we pulled our fingers out and ran away with it at the Emirates towards the end. The 2 losses aren’t really anything to complain about. Manchester City have continued their free spending ways outlaying 97.5 million pounds over the summer on players such as Coutinho, Deulofeu, Calhanoglu and Carvalho to build a supremely formidable squad. Losing at the Etihad is no shame. Also we fielded a slightly weakened side at Shalke and paid the price. Meyer and Draxler ran riot and we should have lost by a lot more than just 2.

September Table
View attachment 280946
Again, early days but we sit just a win off early leaders Chelsea. The only early surprise is to see Arsenal languishing in mid table already.

October Fixtures
View attachment 280945
Champions League comes to Loftus Road and what a first game!! Real Madrid coming to West London! Should be a cracker, no weakened sides being set out here! 3 winnable games in the premiership so want to consolidate ourselves towards the top of the table.

Player of the Month
View attachment 280944
Bernardo Silva. Last season’s player of the year had started slowly this season but came on strong toward the end of September. We will want to see more of the same moving forward.

I like him, he's quality! Any other good signings they've made over the last couple of seasons? :)

In the last two seasons the big ins have been Volland, Grenier, Ayew, Knoche and Oliver and the big outs have really only been Coutinho, Markovic and Allen.

View attachment 280428

West London Thriller!

View attachment 280426

Champions League football made it’s dazzling debut at Loftus Road last night in front of a full house of 19,200 as QPR were beaten, but far from disgraced, going down 5-2 to Real Madrid. There were ominous signs early as only a brilliant double save from Rulli inside 20 secs, the first from Isco after a mazy ran that left no less than 5 QPR defenders bewildered and then the follow up volley from Christiano Ronaldo who seemed destined to score, kept the scores level.
View attachment 280425
Ronaldo was in devastating form for Real

It was only a momentary reprieve however as Gareth Bale then showed his class in the 5th​ minute pouncing on a rebound, after Rulli could only parry Modric’s thunderbolt, and turning home. Madrid were then coasting just after the quarter hour when Ronaldo found a yard of space on the edge of the area and his clinical turn and shot was too much for Rulli to handle. The 2nd​ goal was the catalyst for R’s manager Ferdinand to race to the edge of his technical area and in no uncertain terms voice his displeasure at his team’s performance to date.

That seemed to change the complexion of the game as QPR pushed higher in search of goals and Zaza tested Keylor Navas twice in goal for Real prior to half time. Worse was to come for QPR as Ronaldo sprung the offside trap in the 41st​ minute and made no mistake when one on one with Rulli. QPR were desperately unlucky not to pull a goal back in the 43rd​ minute when a Bernardo Silva free kick cannoned off the underside of the crossbar but bounced just the wrong side of the goal line and then cleared behind by Varane. From the resultant corner though Yanga-Mbiwa rose highest to give QPR hope but in first half injury time the game appeared to be over when Jenkinson brought down Ronaldo in the box earning himself a yellow and allowing Ronaldo to complete his hat trick from the spot.

QPR came out from the dressing sheds a changed side and quickly dragged a goal back and it was the towering presence of Yanga-Mbiwa, whose physical nature gave Real fits from every corner, as he powered in a bullet header from a Bernando Silva corner. QPR had gained the momentum and when Caulker stretched to meet a Silva free kick and loop his header over Navas the comeback appeared to be well and truly on. To his and QPR’s dismay however he was adjudged to have gone early although television replays suggested he may have been just onside.

To rub salt into QPR’s wounds Ronaldo then scored his fourth after being played in by Bale who had gotten to the rebound from an Isco free kick the quickest although replays showed him to be over a metre offside. The game fizzled out somewhat from there as Real Madrid got men behind the ball to protect their lead however there was time for the lineman’s flag to again deny QPR when substitute Leigh Griffiths was adjudged, correctly this time, to be offside before heading in from a Grealish cross. The may have left the field defeated but QPR walked off to thunderous applause, the fans appreciative of the daring and boldness shown by the home side even against the greatest club in football history.
View attachment 280424

When approached for comment after the match Ferdinand bemoaned his side’s slow start which his took responsibility for saying “at the beginning the plan was to absorb some pressure and try and catch them on the break. That obviously didn’t work being two down within twenty minutes so we abandoned that and decided to play our way. From then we were more than their match but the damage had already been done as the first two goals allowed them to sit and choose their spots. At the end of the day we had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more corners. It was just their extra quality that got them across the line”.
View attachment 280423

Last edited:
View attachment 2803821 November 2017

October Summary

October Results
View attachment 280381
An interesting month. I got a bit out of sync with my usual rotations as I tried to play a stronger squad in each of the Champions League matched this month – a decision that came back to bite us in the Swansea game where we threw away a 2 goal lead to concede the tying goal in the 87th​ minute. The Norwich match was a really pleasing victory especially off the back of the Real game.

October Table
View attachment 280380
We lost a bit more ground to Chelsea this month. They have had a superb start to the season and will be very tough this year. Both they and City have recruited extensively and recruited well over the past two windows and it will be a big ask for us to win the premiership again over them. We are up for the challenge though.

November Fixtures
View attachment 280379
Its all a bit of a juggling act at the moment. I really want to compete in the Champions League but to do so means I’m am sometimes required to play non-first 11 players in the premiership. The Manchester United and Schalke games are the ones we have circled on the calendar. Particularly the Schalke game. It will go a long way to deciding who finishes 2nd​ behind Real in our Champions League group.

Player of the Month
View attachment 280378
Matt Philips. The 26 year old Scottish winger has been with QPR since we were in the Championship. In that time he has established himself as one of my most dependable players. Sure, he’s not a flashy as a Grealish or Bernando Silva and he isn’t the goal scoring threat that they or Zaza are but he gets an A+ for consistency from me. He goes out and does his job well week in and week out.

In the last two seasons the big ins have been Volland, Grenier, Ayew, Knoche and Oliver and the big outs have really only been Coutinho, Markovic and Allen.

That's not too bad, I love Volland! Who did Markovic go to? Did they get a decent fee?

That's not too bad, I love Volland! Who did Markovic go to? Did they get a decent fee?

Markovic went to PSG for 11.25 million pounds the day after they sold Coutinho!! I guess with Oliver, Moutinho, Ayew, Lallana, Volland and Grenier they had the attacking mids covered without them!!

Disappointing loss to Real Madrid. Good luck with rest of your Champions League group fixtures.

You seem to be doing rather well in the Premier League. :)

Disappointing loss to Real Madrid. Good luck with rest of your Champions League group fixtures.

You seem to be doing rather well in the Premier League. :)

Thanks mate I usually set myself up with 2 'teams' in my 25 man squad. My first choice 11 usually plays in the League as I figure it is more important to qualify for the Champions League each year now if possible and then use my second 11 in the cups and over time increase the quality in both by bringing through good youth so that explains why at the moment I do better in the league than in the cups but hopefully that will change over time :)

Markovic went to PSG for 11.25 million pounds the day after they sold Coutinho!! I guess with Oliver, Moutinho, Ayew, Lallana, Volland and Grenier they had the attacking mids covered without them!!

True that, they should have got more for him though :( Don't have Les to look after them in the transfer market :p

View attachment 279412

1 December 2017

November Summary

November Results
View attachment 279411
A pleasing month. Sure, I would have loved to beat Manchester United at Old Trafford but again the fact that I am disappointed we didn't shows me how far we have come. The result against Schalke puts us in a great position to qualify for the knockout rounds of the Champions League at our first attempt.

November Table
View attachment 279410
We are staying in touching distance of the leaders at the moment which, given their huge outlays in the transfer markets over the summer, is no mean feat.

December Fixtures
View attachment 279409
We play Chelsea, Tottenham and Madrid in a seven day stretch with only one game at home, hectic. I am hoping to make up some ground otherwise though in the premiership race as our other fixtures all look winnable.

Player of the Month
View attachment 279407

Jack Grealish. You would be forgiven for looking at the results summary and assuming Zaza to be a shoe in this month but what you don't see there is how many of those goals came after excellent lead up work from Grealish. He is establishing himself as a bona fide star.