Amazing! Q.P.R. All but assured of CL! Push on mate!!!

I keep telling myself 'the run has got to end sometime' to avoid the disappointment I had last season but I really think we are up for the challenge this season!

View attachment 282419
1 April 2017

March Summary

March Results
View attachment 282426
Another great month. I’m starting to sound like a broken record here but this is great to watch. In the Stoke game we even went a goal down twice before some substitutions and tactical adjustments reaped dividends. We are playing attractive football but displaying a resilience and will to win that I wasn’t sure this squad possessed just yet. To a man my squad is making me proud.

March Table
View attachment 282425
Don’t adjust your monitors that table is correct. QPR have qualified for next season’s Champions League with 8 games remaining. We have also opened up a 7 point gap on 2nd​ placed Manchester United. Could this season be the moment QPR eclipse the squad of 75/76, who finished runnners up in the old First Division, and clinch their first ever Premiership? Only time will tell but there are QPR fans who have been literally waiting a lifetime to see this happen. No pressure boys.
View attachment 282420

April Fixtures
View attachment 282424
No denying it, this is a very tough month. In a 4 game period we play Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool and then Chelsea in the premiership –ouch! We also have the EURO Cup qtr final to deal with against Lille in amongst that run as well. I really want to win the EURO Cup this season now as I hope we only ever finish in the Champions League spots from now on!!

Player of the Month
View attachment 282423
Bernardo Silva. He signed a new four year deal with us after his agent appeared at the door of my office this month demanding more money. I was more than happy to give it to him to lock him up also!! He has been our creative spark all season and when he is scoring goals he is one of the best players in the league at only 22 years of age and it is only a matter of time before he is the Ballon D’or conversation each year. It boggles the mind that we were able to snap him up for only £2.8M. I don’t know what Monaco were smoking at the time but I want some of that! I don’t see how anyone could really be playing better than he is right now and he was deservedly awarded Player of the Month for March.
View attachment 282422

Manager of the Month
View attachment 282421
I gathered round the boys for a pep talk this morning and thanked them all for their efforts so far over the season. I told them the Manager of the Month award I had just been given was for all of them. They were the reasons we were doing so well.

View attachment 2824031 May 2017

April Summary

April Results
View attachment 282412
Well how the might have fallen! If Chelsea, City and co want to see why they have slid down the ladder in recent times then look no further than our games this month. Only one team was playing to win. Only one team was willing to take risks. And now, only one team stands alone at the top of the Premiership. I was really worried at the start of this month that United would take a significant chunk out of our lead but I should have learnt by now that our players are made of sterner stuff. Yes we didn’t have the other cup matches to deal with that they had but to dominate so many big sides is a dream come true. The derby was a real highlight. To decimate Chelsea in front of a packed Loftus Road will give the fans bragging rights at the office watercoolers for years to come prompting this response from Chelsea manager Martino.

View attachment 282404

April Table
View attachment 282411
2 points. That’s the equation. United must win every single one of their remaining games, any draw will mean we are Champions or a victory for us in any of our remaining fixtures. I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch but you can pretty much give us the title now. If we can beat Chelsea 7-2 then we are winning at least one of our remaining game

May Fixtures
View attachment 282410
If we can't win at least one of these games then we don’t deserve to be Champions.

Player of the Month
View attachment 282409
Simone Zaza. I am running out of superlatives for this man. Premier League Player of the Month, new record goal scorer for the Premier League and soon to be Premier League Champion. What a bargain at only 8 million pounds!

View attachment 282408

Manager of the Month
View attachment 282405
I battled away here for two years building the squad I wanted and couldn’t win one of these and this is now the 4th​ this year. I’m enjoying collecting these.

View attachment 282373

By Adam Bate

Last Updated: 07/05/2017 5:54pm

It was unbelievable scenes at Loftus Road today. There were people on the pitch and it was all over. The 135 year wait, over. The jibes, over. The ridicule, over. Gone, all gone. Gone on a day of unparalleled drama and ecstasy. Gone on a day when, for almost an hour that must have felt like hot-needle torture, it looked as if the capacity for chaos that has almost become a club trademark for over a century had returned to torment them once more.

The mission was quite simple. Queens Park Rangers needed to beat Cardiff to ensure their first ever Premier League title. Yes there were 2 other games remaining and yes Manchester United would still be required to win out but a loss here and the nagging doubts would grow.

When Jordan Rhodes put Cardiff ahead from the penalty spot the atmosphere around the ground was that tense it was suffocating. Cometh the (literal) hour and cometh the man as Lucas Silva stepped up to smash home and give the home fans hope that today would be their day. It was poetic that the opportunity fell to one of the “grafters” in the QPR boiler room. Lucas Silva and Sandro have played a role few Brazilians have ever played so well. They ran and tackled, they screened and intercepted, they mixed it up in the middle of the park for an entire season to give Bernardo Silva the chance to work his magic the way he has been able to do. So it was fitting that after an hour and prodding and probing by the Queens Park Rangers attacking quartet it would be the sledgehammer that is Silva’s right foot that would break down Cardiff’s stubborn defense.

The winner from star Bernardo Silva, also came in an unlikely manner. After being felled in the box Bernardo Silva stepped up from 12 yards to erase a lifetime of heartache. As Cardiff 'keeper Marshall stretched with every fiber of his being, and with his fingertip turned the ball onto the post you would have forgiven any QPR fan that decided then “this isn’t our day.” What they weren’t counting on was the desperation in this Rangers outfit. Upon seeing that ball rolling away from the goal every human watching would have thought that Ben Turner was going to clear easily. Every human that is, except Bernardo Silva. His herculean effort to launch himself at the ball and get the faintest of toe pokes to prod the ball home will be etched forever more in QPR folklore.

When historians look back on this game decades from now what may or may not be apparent is the effect this day has had on the Premier League. The upstarts from West London, who dared to defy a League. For, putting allegiances to one side, is that not what all neutrals should want? Something fresh, something to upset the status quo, and there it is. Queens Park Rangers are league champions. Many around the Country believed this would never happen in our lifetime. The fans who surged on to the pitch could scarcely comprehend it, either.

But they will.

View attachment 282371
View attachment 282370
View attachment 282368
View attachment 282367
View attachment 282366

Last edited:
Congrats mate, amazing stuff!! I'm glad Liverpool won the title last season because I can see a QPR monopoly starting for as long as Les Ferdinand is at the helm!

Congrats mate, amazing stuff!! I'm glad Liverpool won the title last season because I can see a QPR monopoly starting for as long as Les Ferdinand is at the helm!

Thanks Patrick! By the way I'm enjoying following your Malmo save, very different to the leagues I typically play in.

Thanks Patrick! By the way I'm enjoying following your Malmo save, very different to the leagues I typically play in.

Thank you! I've never tried a minor league like this so I hope it works out :p
I'm really enjoying your story too! :D

Brilliant achievement mate! Good luck in the transfer market now!

Thanks Jamie - If I can have half the longevity in this story that you've had in your Carragher one I'll be a happy camper! It is epic!!

Thanks Jamie - If I can have half the longevity in this story that you've had in your Carragher one I'll be a happy camper! It is epic!!

Thanks mate! I went through a stage where it was hard to keep up, once you get past that its pretty fun! I don't tend to update much on weekends so I get a bit of a break from it!

Thanks mate! I went through a stage where it was hard to keep up, once you get past that its pretty fun! I don't tend to update much on weekends so I get a bit of a break from it!

I think that's the beauty of what you've done with the Carragher save and Lippo with his Manuel Pablo one is that when you make the save more focused on the Manager, rather then the club like I've done, you can take it in so many different places.

I can always start another one I guess when this one loses it's life!

View attachment 282109
22nd​ May 2017

End of Season Strategy Day and Review

“You’re the devil you know that?” Capello walked in, coffee in one hand and an ice pack for his head in the other. “Haha – but what a night!” I boomed back, taking extra care to ensure there was extra baritone rumble in my voice so as to anger Capello’s huge headache off the back of last night’s PFA award dinner. “There’s no rest for the wicked,” I continued, “Besides Van Gaal was staring daggers at me all night. You can see it eating at him how we beat them quite easily in the end so you know they are already back at work."
View attachment 282107

"Hey, is that some Dutch thing or is he just angry all the time Jaap? I yelled as Stam walked in and slumped into his seat. “Nah he’s always angry,” Jaap replied dryly. “Hey congratulations on taking out the Manager of the Year award!” “Cheers mate,” I replied, “It’s going to have pride of place in my trophy cabinet for a while I think.”
View attachment 282106

“How good was it to see Zaza get some kudos last night?” I continued. “Player’s Player of the Year and Top Goalscorer! He’s been amazing this year”. “Some of the best money we’ve ever spent” Gal chimed in, having arrived in his finest pair of thick rimmed sunglasses.
View attachment 282105View attachment 282104

“Don’t forget Bernardo!” and here was Paul Furlong, fashionably late as always. I would excuse it but he had been the first one to leave last night so he should have been here first the softie! “He’s been at the centre of all our best stuff this year” He continued. “I thought they might stiff him and give the award to Mata as a consolation prize but I glad he got it.” “If they had given it to Mata over him or even Grealish or Zaza it would have been a travesty!” I added.
View attachment 282103

“Speaking of Grealo, how funny was Jack’s dancing last night?” Coppell said. “I mean I know I would have been pretty happy too, taking out the Young Player of the Year award but man, was that some crazy One Direction moves or what he was busting out??” “In fairness to him, the ladies were loving him,” countered Jaap, ever the voice of reason.
View attachment 282102

“But you know who I was happiest of all for?” Stam continued, “Caulker, he’s gets no love from the press and to make it into the team of the year is an awesome achievement.” “You defenders are always, you know, defending each other!” I said sarcastically. “Just kidding though, he’s been through it all with us and I was glad to see him get the plaudits. Grealish got shafted there though. Not sure what they were thinking leaving him out. He’s got plenty of chances ahead of him to get in though.”
View attachment 282101

“Ok, enough about last night, let’s get down to business. Obviously we want to win the Prem again next season and also challenge in the Champions League. What’s your thoughts?” I opened it up to the group. “Look, we’ve obviously got the team to compete domestically. Where we might be a little light is in the depth to compete in Europe. We are going to need the full 25 next season to be quality.” Steve Gallen posed. “I think we focus on identifying some guys who can give us a boost to our depth – don’t have to be expensive signings either.” “Sounds good,” I agreed, “let’s focus on ensuring we have adequate depth. Anyone else got anything they want to add?” Unsurprisingly everyone slowly shook their heads. “Ok then,” I continued, “Everyone keep the water up today, email me if you see anything and I’ll see you all back in a couple of weeks”.