View attachment 282058
Offseason News

View attachment 282057
The biggest news to come out of Loftus Road this offseason is that that have announced that they are building a new stadium that is expected to be finished by the beginning of the 2019/20 season.

View attachment 282055
He may not have received the highest awards at the recent PFA dinner but the QPR fans decided that Jack Grealish should have been awarded Player of the Year.

View attachment 282053
It's is one of those times when you hear something and automatically think 'how the heck hasn't that happened yet' but it was only this May that Zaza finally got the opportunity to represent Italy.

View attachment 282052
Finally some bad news. Steven Caulker was injured whilst on England duty and will miss the first month of preseaon but he should be back in time for the season proper.

Shame about Caulker's injury, hopefully he's back before too long for another tilt at the title! :D

Cheers Patrick. I've got decent cover with Gomez and Onuoha if he does miss a few matches so it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Wow, a shiny new stadium! Ferdinand Arena perhaps?

Cant wait to see the talent you attract to the EPL champions :D

Wow, a shiny new stadium! Ferdinand Arena perhaps?

Cant wait to see the talent you attract to the EPL champions :D

I was a bit disappointed it is 'only' a 10,000 or so increase in capacity but anything is good I suppose.

View attachment 281604
11 August 2017

Preseason Summary and Transfer Window Update

Preseason Results
View attachment 281603A solid, if unspectacular, preseason. Good wins against the Moscow clubs and otherwise tidy performances. The team looks ready to go for the start of the Premiership.

August Fixtures
View attachment 281602
The highlight here is the chance for our first piece of silverware this season when we take on Manchester United at Wembley in the Community Shield. Really hoping to start the season with 6 points from the other two games also and hit the ground running.

Transfer Update

After some larger than usual outlays in recent times we’ve taken a step back and applied a slightly more frugal approach to our transfers this offseason. As the signings have been for depth or the future rather than to immediately improve the quality of the side we have been able to be patient and force the best deal possible. Our first transfer was a bit of ‘back to the future’ as we signed former R’s player Scott Sinclair for a paltry 300,000 pounds after he had been transfer listed by Aston Villa following their relegation last season. Sinclair played 9 games whilst on loan to QPR in the 2007/08 season so he will be somewhat familiar to the fans.
View attachment 281601
The second signing was Wilfried Zaha who has surprisingly fallen down the pecking order at Crystal Palace. He will want to resurrect his career and he has fallen into a good spot as he won’t be under the same pressure at QPR as he will only be expected to provide injury cover and play cup games. Both players offer versatility in that they can play multiple positions across the attacking midfield trio and also offer something up front if need be.
View attachment 281600
The final transfer this window was David Tavares Fernandes. A young 18 year old Portuguese central defender who had outgrown Vittoria Guimaraes and wanted the challenge of Champions League football. He was offered to us by his agent and we did our due diligence and were delighted to have been able to pick up this talent for a mere 2 million pounds especially considering he has already managed to pick up a full cap for Portugal at his tender age.
View attachment 281599

Thanks mate - I think he'll be even better than Joe Gomez. Also hopefully he will end up being club trained.

You have done a quality job so far mate! What do Fernandes stats look like?

What a monster of a CB! Reminds me of a Portuguese CB regen I had in 14 with Saints, turned out even better than Balanta!

View attachment 281300
1 September 2017

August Summary

August Results
View attachment 281298
An up and down month. The Charity Shield loss to Manchester United was a little hard to take as I felt we were the better side. That’s ok though as it show me how far we’ve come as a club when the great Manchester United sets up defensively and is willing to concede possession to you trying to catch you on the break. The Premiership games were both good. The only downside in each was that it took us so long to put each game to bed. Both should have been over well before halftime given our dominance.

August Table
View attachment 281296
Early days but right where we want to be.

September Fixtures
View attachment 281292
And now the fun starts! City, Liverpool and Arsenal all in the Premiership and a trip to Schalke for QPR’s first ever Champion’s League game – can’t wait!!

Player of the Month
View attachment 281290
Joe Gomez. The 20 year old wonderkid was pressed into action this month and didn’t disappoint. He earned Premier League Young Player of the Month honours as well. Great start for the young man and he is giving me confidence I can let Caulker’s hamstring fully heal before playing him again.

Other News

The purchase of Fernandes and the emergence of Gomez has meant that Onuoha has found himself surplus to requirements. We transfer listed him without setting an asking price and Cardiff came in the day before the window shut with a low-ball offer but thankfully we were able to negotiate them up to a reasonable sale price that is heavy on add-ons.
View attachment 281288

We’ve been drawn in the Group D alongside Red Star Belgrade who appear to have a bevvy of young talent so they could be tricky, Schalke who boast Meyer, Draxler, Icardi and Gabriel Barbosa in their starting 11 and the world famous Real Madrid. What an initiation! Welcome to the Champions League QPR!
View attachment 281286

Good luck in the Champs League.

The Madrid game will be a blast. :D