QPR - looking to stabilise the club and make them a Premiership force

images

August 2014
14y287r.png

Game 1
2yzjwiq.jpg

A brilliant way to start the season, We were great from the start and we never looked back, could not have asked for a better first game as a Premiership manager

My Star Player of the match was Saul, what a debut from the 19 year old, never looked out of place and was the best player on the pitch!
14y287r.png

Game 2
dh8flv.jpg

Even though a point away from home is good, with our performance today it really should had been a convincing win for us today

My star player of the match was Nedum Onuoha, very composed at Right Back today and broke up a lot of Leicester's attacks.
Buy-Capital-One-Cup-Football-Tickets-Football-ticket-net.jpg

2nd Round
znk9vt.jpg

A big victory today which was very much expected and it puts us into the 3rd Round

My star player of the match was Eduardo Vargas, He had a great game and got himself 2 goals! and was brilliant in the whole time he was on the pitch.
14y287r.png

Game 3
2d1ajyd.jpg

Another amazing performance at home today even with going down to 10 men with 32 minutes to go, brilliant performance by everyone!

My star player of the match was Joey Barton, I put him as a center back after the sending off and was solid there and even picked himself up a goal!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitons

Barclays Premiership: 5th
2m4vwj9.jpg

What an amazing start to the season for us, apart from the Leicester match but each performance has been very pleasing so far and It is only early but signs show that it could be a good season for us.

Capital One Cup: 3rd Round Vs Stoke City
A brilliant win against Carlisle sets us up with an All-Premiership tie against Stoke City
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer
charlie-austin64-1812766_231x264.jpg

Charlie Austin - 4

Most Assists

Charlie Austin - 3

Most Man of the Matches
eduardo-vargas64-1958627_231x264.jpg
250017725.jpg

Charlie Austin + Eduardo Vargas + Saul - 1

Top Rating

Charlie Austin - 7.93

images

Transfer Round Up
2ywscw5.jpg

I am delighted with the transfers In and Out, I feel we have a great squad for the season

I brought in a lot of young players because I feel that's the way forward for the club

images

September 2014
14y287r.png

Game 4
9jq8mf.jpg

A defeat which was to be expected today so I wont be too hard on the players

My star player of the day was Leroy Fer, made some good tackles and was the better out of the lot today
14y287r.png

Game 5
rtmh5f.jpg

A brilliant comeback by us today continues our impressive start to the season and I was delighted that Taarabt got his first goal of the season for us.

My star player of the match was Nedum Onouha, he was solid at the back all game and never really put a foot wrong during the match, great for him.

3rd Round
1q0k0x.jpg

A brilliant cup tie here today and delighted we came away with the win and we are through to the next round!

My star player of the match was Calum Gallagher, What a performance from the 20 year old, 2 great goals and really showed the talent he has.
14y287r.png

Game 6
8xt01f.jpg

Disappointed to lose this, I felt we had great chances but just could not put them away today and West Bromwich Albion were more clinical with their chances.

My star player of the match was Charlie Austin, despite the loss he had a good game and got both goals for us
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitions

Barclays Premiership: 8th
2gxgoir.jpg

Not a bad month this month with winning half the games and still high in the league after the second month.

Capital One Cup: 4th Round vs Swansea City
A great cup tie and now we have another Premiership team in Swansea so it will be a tough match
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Charlie Austin - 7

Most Assists

Charlie Austin - 3

Most Man of the Matches
nedum-onuoha64-1812786_231x264.jpg
250017725.jpg
220px-Calum_Gallagher.jpg

Charlie Austin + Nedum Onuoha + Eduardo Vargas + Saul + Calum Gallagher - 1

Top Rating

Calum Gallagher - 7.80

images

October 2014
14y287r.png

Game 7
24xe520.jpg

I could not have asked more from my players today, we put up a great fight against Arsenal and we was unlucky not to get anything from the game

My star player of the match was Yun Suk-Young, He had a good game today and set up both goals for us.
14y287r.png

Game 8
2055s3c.jpg

A great draw here today, we kept clawing our way into the game and managed to get the equaliser thanks to good old Bobby Zamora! proud of the team today for their efforts.

My star player of the match was Mehdi Abied, not had many chances so far this season but had a solid game and done a lot to help with the draw.
14y287r.png

Game 9
1z4kdx1.jpg

Unlucky against Liverpool today despite the stats saying otherwise, it has been very pleasing to see the boys put the effort in

My star player of the match was Adel Taarabt, he had a good performance today which included the opening goal for us, I put him out on the left to give him more freedom to run and it showed today

4th Round
2zyy0w4.jpg

So we go crashing out today in extra time, it was a great cup tie but it was not our day but the lads fought all the way to the end

My star player of the match was Sandro, a brilliant performance from the Brazilian which included a stunning 30 yard goal!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitions

Barclays Premiership: 10th
2mpbuqp.jpg

Considering the fixtures we had this month to get 1 point was good for us as every point is vital to staying up this season

Capital One Cup: Knocked Out in 4th Round by Swansea City
It really could have gone either way but now this give us a chance to focus on survival in the Premiership
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Charlie Austin - 8

Most Assists

Charlie Austin - 5

Most Man of the Matches
250017725.jpg

Charlie Austin + Nedum Onuoha + Eduardo Vargas + Saul + Calum Gallagher - 1

Top Rating

Charlie Austin - 7.54

images

November 2014
14y287r.png

Game 10
ou2i9y.jpg

A very dominating performance against West Ham United at home today, the confidence around the squad at the moment seems great and a great performance by all players

My star player of the match was Adama Traore, A great game for the youngster from Barcelona today, looked great down the right wing all game! A very pleasing performance for him.
14y287r.png

Game 11
dls2mo.jpg

A perfect away performance today by us, We got the early goal which gave us a basis on to work on during the match

My star player of the match was Steven Caulker, This was his best match so far this season as he has struggled so far but hopefully this is a sign of things to come from him this season.
14y287r.png

Game 12
1547t01.jpg

A great performance by us today but with the amount of shots, we should had won by a lot more but it is still a great 3 points to continue our impressive month so far

My star player of the match was Mauricio Isla, he had a great game at Right Back today and has been solid most of the season so far so impressed with how he has been.
14y287r.png

Game 13
29o05dx.jpg

A brilliant draw away from home today for us, Southampton are a strong side so to be able to hold them off is a big success in my eyes

My star player of the match was Mauricio Isla, He had a great game today with annoying the left hand side of Southampton's play with his dominance on the right hand side today
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitions

Barclays Premiership: 8th
2gu00vq.jpg

A brilliant month here, 3 strong victories with a great draw at Southampton going into the tough December fixtures but to be here at this stage is great for us and way better than I expected us to be.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Charlie Austin - 11

Most Assists

Charlie Austin - 5

Most Man of the Matches
k-OXeWmS_400x400.jpeg

Eduardo Vargas and Mauricio Isla - 2

Top Rating

Charlie Austin - 7.41
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New contract
v4wbyt.jpg

I am delighted to announce that I have been offered a new contract by Tony Fernandes which I have accepted and hope to be here for many years.

images

December 2014
14y287r.png

Game 14
2mqkw9t.jpg

What a brilliant result for us, To get a draw against Manchester City shows we have what it takes to stay in the league!

My star player of the match was Nedum Onuoha, He had a great game against his former club and he also set up Bobby Zamora's goal.
14y287r.png

Game 15
98hbfl.jpg

A close match here today and think a draw was the right result, always good to come away from home with at least a point.

My star player of the match was Adama Traore, A good game from the youngster today and took his goal well.
14y287r.png

Game 16
34j6ejp.jpg

A good performance here today and delighted we got the victory in front of the home fans today!

My star player of the match today was Matt Phillips, he came on after 5 minutes due to an injury for Onuoha and was the best player on the pitch and proved this with a goal and an assist for Bobby Zamora's 5th goal of the season
14y287r.png

Game 17
104g8kg.jpg

A close match here today but we come away with 0 points from the game but it was a good performance by us so I can not be mad at the players

My star player of the match was Mauricio Isla, He had a good game today despite being on the losing side, he has been solid for us.
14y287r.png

Game 18
5jy48z.jpg

A big defeat to our rivals today but I did not expect anything less especially when Joey Barton got sent off as well, it is disappointing for the club and the fans but It is one that will always happen until we can become a strong top side.

My star player of the match was Niko Kranjcar, He came on at half time and was good and impressed me a lot.
14y287r.png

Game 19
23j01nn.jpg

What an amazing way to end 2014! Tottenham Hotspur have been flying high in the Premiership all season and we managed to come away with a massive 3 points and a great response after the defeat from Chelsea

My star player of the match was Javier Saviola, Not started as many game due to Austin first being used as the main striker but when given chances, Saviola has proved to me he can still go so the second half of the season may see him feature a lot more.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitions

Barclays Premiership: 9th
22lx8i.jpg

Well this month went a lot better than I originally planned with the only big defeat coming from Chelsea and two impressive results against Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Charlie Austin - 11

Most Assists
yun-suk-young64-1812793_231x264.jpg

Charlie Austin and Yun Suk-Young - 5

Most Man of the Matches
k-OXeWmS_400x400.jpeg
250073710.jpg

Nedum Onuoha + Mauricio Isla + Eduardo Vargas + Adama Traore - 2

Top Rating

Nedum Onuoha - 7.25

images

Half Season Update

How the players have performed so far this season.
4iyou8.jpg
f03ho3.jpg

I am going to go through and rate each player as of how I feel they have done out of 10 so far this season

Goalkeepers
Alex McCarthy - 8/10
Robert Green - 7/10
Paulo Gazzaniga - 5/10

I feel my goalkeepers have done a great job so far considering where we are this season so even though Gazzaniga was given 5/10 He is only young so not a lot of pressure will be put on him

Defenders
Nedum Onuoha - 9.5/10
Mauricio Isla - 9/10
Bojan Jokic - 9/10
Yun Suk-Young - 8.5/10
Jesus Vallejo - 8.5/10
Steven Caulker - 7.5/10
Rio Ferdinand - 6.5/10
Armand Traore - 6/10
Richard Dunne - 6/10

Very impressed with my defenders so far this season but it is clear that the older players (Ferdinand + Dunne) will be moving on in view of a much younger looking squad.

Midfielders
Eduardo Vargas - 9/10
Adama Traore - 9/10
Joey Barton - 8.5/10
Calum Gallagher - 8/10
Saul - 7.5/10
Thomas Bruns - 7/10
Mehdi Abeid - 7/10
Sergi Samper - 6.5/10
Matt Phillips - 6.5/10
Adel Tarrabt - 6/10
Niko Kranjcar - 6/10
Sandro - 5.5/10
Junior Hoilett - 5/10
Leroy Fer - 4/10

Bit of a mixed feeling towards the midfielders as there have been some great highlights but I have been very disappointed with Fer and Sandro as I felt they would be my strongest two

Strikers
Charlie Austin - 9.9/10
Bobby Zamora - 7.5/10
Javier Saviola - 7/10
Mauro Zarate - 2/10

Very impressed with Austin so far this season but I have ended Zarate's loan as he has been one of the worst players and he will now return to West Ham United

images

January 2015
14y287r.png

Game 20
347uots.jpg

We have started off 2015 the exact same way as we ended 2014 with a win and this also makes it the double over Crystal Palace this season and a great dominate performance.

My star player of the match was Adel Taarabt, What a game for the lad where he scored and also set up the other two goals!
776953d1394325022-life-after-depor-tc-logo.png

250043075.jpg

Elvis has entered the building

Queens Park Rangers have confirmed the signing of Elvis Manu from Feyenoord for a fee of £145K

"I am delighted to bring Elvis in, originally this was a Pre-Contract agreement for him to come in from next season but we paid a little bit extra to bring him in now but with the talent he has, what a steal this is for us!"

jet213-1805306_231x264.jpg

JET to QPR

Queens Park Rangers have confirmed the signing of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas from Bristol City for a fee of £250K

"With JET's contract ending in the summer I felt we would take a chance of a lower transfer bid and it got accepted so I am delighted he has come in."
FA-CUP-Predictions.jpg

3rd Round
2dhy5g2.jpg

It took us until the second half to really get going but once we got the first goal we never looked back and made it a very convincing win in the end and now we move onto the next round!

I was delighted to give Manu and Emmanuel-Thomas their debuts today and will look for them both to be big parts for the rest of the season

My star player of the match was Calum Gallagher, He had a great match in the cup today and got himself a goal and also an assist so an all round good performance for him.

Santi%20Mina_zps14cve2i6.jpg

Young striker to QPR on loan
Santi Mina has joined Queens Park Rangers on loan for the rest of the season.

"With sending Zarate back I felt we needed to bring a new striker in and Santi fits the bill for the rest of the season."
14y287r.png

Game 21
16llap4.jpg

A great victory against Leicester City here today in front of our home crowd as the amazing season continues, I was delighted that Emmanuel-Thomas got his first goal for us today!

My star player of the match was Adama Traore, He terrorized their left hand side today and has really come on a lot as a footballer as the season has gone on and has been a delight to work with.
14y287r.png

Game 22
2ewjq76.jpg

Very disappointed today, We should had at least come away with a point but our players could not find the back of the net today

My star player of the match was Steven Caulker, despite the defeat he was very solid at the back today and was happy with his overall performance
FA-CUP-Predictions.jpg

4th Round
k0k5ex.jpg

Well what a high scoring match but I am not happy to concede 7 in 1 match! we go out of the cup now so our sole focus can now go onto securing a top half finish in the Premiership.

My star player of the match was Adel Taarabt, despite the heavy defeat today he scored and also got an assist, a great performance by him and has started to become one the highlights this season.

y4Hiud4.jpg

Valencia player heads for London

Queens Park Rangers have today confirmed the signing of Valencia midfielder Pablo Piatti on loan for the rest of the current season.

"I was surprised to see Pablo unhappy and snapped him up on loan as soon as I could with a £1.4 Million fee agreed to sign at any time."
14y287r.png

Game 23
2rdufsp.jpg

A great away performance today by us as we leave Newcastle with all 3 points, It is one of our best wins this season as Newcastle is a tough team to beat.

My star player of the match was Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, He had a great game today and picked himself up a goal and an assist and did not really put a foot wrong in the match
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitions

Barclays Premiership: 6th
4ilc09.jpg

We are still having an amazing season and with no cup competitions to worry about now we are focused on just the Premiership so we can build on this and hopefully get Europe this season but if we don't then the season wont be seen as a failure.

FA Cup: Knocked Out in the 4th Round by Liverpool
We got through the 3rd round against Nottingham Forest with ease but we were knocked out the competition by Liverpool, It would been nice to gone on a cup run but the league is more important for us
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Charlie Austin - 12

Most Assists
adel-taarabt64-1812762_231x264.jpg

Charlie Austin + Adel Taarabt + Yun Suk-Young - 5

Most Man of the Matches
250073710.jpg

Adama Traore - 3

Top Rating

Nedum Onuoha - 7.25

images

January Transfer Window
166nhg7.jpg

I believe I have made 4 very good signings here to help boost the squad for the rest of this season and hopefully hold onto a top 6 spot but I have already made another Pre-Contract signing which will be revealed in the summer as I will still be searching throughout the season for targets for next season as we will still need to do a lot in the summer.

Going out I decided to release Brian Murphy from his contract as he was going to be released in the summer anyway so it just made sense to get rid of him now.

images

February 2015
14y287r.png

Game 24
9r1vte.jpg

A great performance by us today and we were so close to getting a draw after a late equaliser but then Manchester United hit straight back but I cant fault any of my players today and they should be proud of themselves!

My star player of the match was Bojan Jokic, He had a great game down the left hand side today, constantly getting forward and provided the assist for Austin's equaliser.
14y287r.png

Game 25
or6k4n.jpg

A great performance at home today as we never looked like losing one bit today...I decided to go two up front today and it paid off!

My star player of the match was Adama Traore, He had a great game today and picked himself up a goal today as well, He has come on a lot this season and it has been great to see
14y287r.png

Game 26
2r4hz.jpg

A close game in my eyes despite the stats, we put up a great fight against Arsenal and was only undone in the end by two penalties

My star player of the match was Steven Caulker, despite given the penalty away at the end of the game, he had a great game at the back.
14y287r.png

Game 27
24yy26d.jpg

Late drama at home but we got the late winner thanks to a great goal by Austin! It was a close game but delighted we pulled through and won it and its moments like this which can change how our season goes!

My star player of the match was Yun Suk-Young, The left back had a great game today and set up Austin's goal, an all round great performance by him.
14y287r.png

Game 28
wb829c.jpg

A brilliant draw at home today! considering we were 2-0 down, I was expecting them to go onto win the game but what a performance by my players today!

My star player of the match was Saul, the young lad was brilliant against Liverpool today and I can see him going on to doing great things!
Team Competitions

Barclays Premiership: 7th
29eog3c.jpg

A tough month in terms of the teams we faced but to get 7 out of the 15 points is amazing and to still be up there like we have been all season just shows the heart and desire everyone is putting in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Charlie Austin - 16

Most Assists

Yun Suk-Young - 6

Most Man of the Matches
250056274.jpg

Adama Traore - 4

Top Rating
steven-caulker64-1812792_231x264.jpg

Steven Caulker 7.25

Austin is a beast! Good luck man, keep it up.

Yeah i know, he went on a bit of a non-scoring spell last month but this month he scored in every game :) wanted to leave in Jan and I said if I got a deal then I would let him go...no-one came in for him....now he is happy to stay :) lol

images

March 2015
14y287r.png

Match 29
21jpthd.jpg

What a way to start the month! what an amazing victory away at West Ham United, I was shocked at the manner of the victory but it is one of my best wins as Queens Park Rangers manager!

My star player of the match was Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Not a high transfer fee was paid for him but what an amazing performance by him today and can turn out to be a great player here.
14y287r.png

Match 30
2iu2a7a.jpg

A great composed performance at home from us today and Loftus Road is bouncing like it has been all season.

My star player of the match was Yun Suk-Young, A great performance at left back and got himself another assist today.
14y287r.png

Match 31
152hngm.jpg

Another great win here today as we enter the last few games of the season, Burnley could not keep up with us today and showed why they are fighting relegation

My star player of the match was Adama Traore, Another great performance from him today which also included a goal, I will look to bring him back next season weather it is another loan or a Transfer Fee.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitions

Barclay Premiership: 5th
2qa7bdw.jpg

Wow, It is very tight in the fight for European football and I am delighted that we are involved.
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Charlie Austin - 19

Most Assists

Yun Suk-Young - 7

Most Man of the Matches
250056274.jpg

Adama Traore - 5

Top Rating

Steven Caulker - 7.25
Club Awards

Manager of the Month
24yo8j5.jpg

I am delighted to pick up the award with the 6-0 at the start of the month helping us to an unbeaten month!

Player of the Month
n4wciv.jpg

Adama Traore has been great all season and fully deserves it this month

images

April 2015
14y287r.png

Game 32
spbza0.jpg

A brilliant performance by us today and I am shocked we won as I was expecting a draw but it just shows the confidence around the club heading into the final 6 games of the season!

My star player of the match was Steven Caulker, He had a great performance and popped up with a goal and an amazing assist for Traore's goal
14y287r.png

Game 33
aop21f.jpg

A defeat like I expected today but the players did put up a good fight but Manchester City's quality showed in the end.

My star player of the match was Saul, He had a good game today and was great to see from him against a big club
14y287r.png

Game 34
2ducec0.jpg

We get the victory at home today but felt we should had won this match by more but it keeps us in the running for a European spot!

My star player of the match was Yun Suk-Young, a good performance from him today which also included the assists for both goals!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Competitions

Barclays Premiership: 7th
qrghnm.jpg

With 4 games to go we have a chance of finishing in the top 6, last 4 games of the season are Aston Villa, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Everton, I feel we can get at least 1 win out of the 4 but weather that will end up being enough we will have to wait and see
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Charlie Austin - 19

Most Assists

Yun Suk-Young - 11

Most Man of the Matches
250056274.jpg

Adama Traore - 5

Top Rating

Steven Caulker - 7.34

images

May 2015
14y287r.png

Game 35
2lxxcoy.jpg

A great way to start our most important 4 game of the season with a brilliant win over Aston Villa, The whole team put on a great performance for the travelling hoops, we are now in 6th spot and the next game is against Tottenham Hotspur who are in 7th place and only 1 point behind us which shows how tight the last couple of game are and how important this will be for us as a club.

My star player of the match was Elvis Manu, He had a great performance today and scored two good goals and has helped us on our way to try for a European spot.
14y287r.png

Game 36
2n6w1ll.jpg

I am very disappointed to come away with a point today, being 3-1 up we should had really held on but we conceded two sloppy goals and still gives both teams a chance of finishing 4th, our main rivals up next in Chelsea, could they be the side to put an end to our Champions League dreams?

My star player of the match was Elvis Manu, Another brilliant game from him today and now thats 5 goals in 2 matches for him.
14y287r.png

Game 37
2h2mhs6.jpg

Well I think this will end out Champions League chances, totally outplayed by Chelsea today but happy with the performance as we kept it to a low score but now hopefully we can focus on the Europa League

My star player of the match was Jesus Vallejo, A great performance at the back for him today, what a performance from the young lad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is where this update will end, my next post will be the last game of the season.

images

THE RACE FOR 4TH

We enter Loftus Road today for the final game of the season as Queens Park Rangers as they look at the outside chance of finishing 4th against an Everton side who are already in the Champions League next season.

Queens Park Rangers need to win and hope that Arsenal who face Crystal Palace, Liverpool who face Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur who face West Ham can all lose today.

Samuel Peters has announced his squad for the final game of the season.
images

QPR DEFEATED
15y8bk9.jpg

QPR's dream of the Champions League fell at the final hurdle today due to suffering a 1-0 loss at home to Everton.

Table
11ce9f5.jpg

So we finish the season in 7th which for the club is a massive achievement but I am disappointed that we missed out on a European spot for next season but we will try and go one better next season.

images

End of season review

How The Players Have Performed This Season.
qpnfvr.jpg
5323c2.jpg

3 Players Who Impressed Me This Season

Charlie Austin
A great player for us this season and will have to fight off bids during the summer.

Yun Suk-Young
A brilliant season for him and will compete with Jack Robinson for the Left Back Spot next season
250056274.jpg

Adama Traore
A brilliant season for the loanee from Barcelona and would love to bring him back next season

images
%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%9B%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%81.png

BREAKING NEWS!!
244pr0l.jpg

YES! Due to the Champions League Final match between Arsenal and Manchester City going to Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur have secured a place in the UEFA Champions League being 5th so 7th place got a spot in the UEFA Europa League which means we will have a European Adventure next season!

images

BREAKING NEWS!
nz0qs7.jpg

I have signed a new contract until 2018 which is great news and hopefully gives me time to take them to greater heights.