R.i.p ps3?

JDY

Reaction score
So i woke up this morning, felt like banging on abit of modern warfare and about 15 minutes into playing the ps3 just turned off. I didnt think too much of it because my road usually has power cuts now & then. So i went to turn it back on and the power button went green for a split second then yellow then red, I tried unplugging everything and still no luck. Thought id have a look on the internet to see if anyone else had had this problem, only to find that my ps3 is offically screwed and has fell victim to the infomous 'yellow light of death' :( .

I looked to see what other people have done when this has happened and some have said it can't be fixed but others say to leave it for a while then try. Has anyone else had this problem and knows what to do??

If it can't be fixed then i guess il get a new one or a 360. Or maybe this was a sign to get the new ps3 slim that came out today lol

anyway if anyone can help it would be much appricated
cheers

Ahhh don't think this happens to the 360 that is why they are zeeee best

Ahhh don't think this happens to the 360 that is why they are zeeee best
don't listen to this fool.

unlucky about the yellow light of death. never happened to me.

All PS3s were in built with a chip to make them self destruct on the PS3 slims day of release.Its a massive conspiracy.

If it won't come back on the only way you'll be able to get it fixed, is it you send it off to Sony, though it'd probably be expensive. It's worth ringing them up and asking them what options you have.

Last edited:
yea xbox 360 have the same problem "red ring of death" usually caused to overheating.

Seems the ps3 have a similar problem "yellow light of death"

ring up sony see if they can fix it? its what i did when my xbox 360 broke i sent it off to microsoft they couldnt fiix it so they gave me a new one and had no problems since. :)

get an xbox, they are much more reliable now than the first gen ones were

If you look on the Internet you see allsorts of mad stuff that claim to fix PS3s and 360s,everything from putting them in the oven for 10 mins on gas mark 4 to sticking them in the freezer over night,oh and the old wrapping a towel round them,mad.

Oh and it very much does happen to 360s,im onto my 3rd now.

red ring of death not so much so, since they now have 2 heatsinks which the first lot did not, i'm on my third aswel, but only one has ever red ringed

i've had a ps3 since about a week after the release and i'm still on my first.

yeh i might give them a call, i think my warranty has run out though so it will cost quite alot to get it fixed. Also the ps3 has basicaly trapped modern warfare in it as it wont open so il have to get a new game aswell lol

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

If you look on the Internet you see allsorts of mad stuff that claim to fix PS3s and 360s,everything from putting them in the oven for 10 mins on gas mark 4 to sticking them in the freezer over night,oh and the old wrapping a towel round them,mad.

lol, i might try the freezer over night

and yeh i had a 360 a few years ago and it broke after only 6 months

yeh i might give them a call, i think my warranty has run out though so it will cost quite alot to get it fixed. Also the ps3 has basicaly trapped modern warfare in it as it wont open so il have to get a new game aswell lol

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

lol, i might try the freezer over night

and yeh i had a 360 a few years ago and it broke after only 6 months
They give the game back to you. My 360 broke in October and didnt get it back until mid-December. Give sony a ring, if that doesn't work try kicking it or putting cheese all over it

ha u must really prefer xbox over ps3 if ur into ur third most people would get feed up with them;)

red ring of death ahppens all the time my mate onto his 4th my ps3 has been faithful since i got it (touch wood)

what size hard drive have you got? it seems too be only happening to the 60 gig ones and i just found out its been happening to alot of people today after a system update .. hmm

what size hard drive have you got? it seems too be only happening to the 60 gig ones and i just found out its been happening to alot of people today after a system update .. hmm
The second time it happened to me was with an Elite, 120 gig hard drive.

meant to say my mates 360 so dont know his hard drive or anything