R.i.p ps3?

i might just get the new slim ps3 that came out today, my mate said he got the yellow light of death and it cant be fixed. you can either send it back to sony and they give you one that was previously fixed for £100 or just get a new one. Id rather get the brand new 120gig slim one than a dodgey second hand one which may screw up again any time

so the morale of this this thread is don't buy a gaming console,because in six months time all you will have is over sized paper weight.

so the morale of this this thread is don't buy a gaming console,because in six months time all you will have is over sized paper weight.

not really, my ps3 lasted for about 2 years. thats pretty good for a 60gig i think
might hang it on the wall for the good memories lol

i would use my pc for most gaming but i dont like the idea of using the keyboard :/

1 in 3 Xbox 360's get the red ring of the death while approximately 1 in 130 PS3's get the yellow light. I had a PS3 and got the yellow light was gutted, decided to get a 360 but it isn't as good as a PS3.

o my dayz i just realised it might be due to the system update i did this morning, i looked at a few comments on youtube & most people think its kind of weird that loads of people are getting the YLOD today after a system update on the day the ps3 slim comes out

o my dayz i just realised it might be due to the system update i did this morning, i looked at a few comments on youtube & most people think its kind of weird that loads of people are getting the YLOD today after a system update on the day the ps3 slim comes out
hope not i did that this morning :(

if it is due to an update surely they should give you a new one or fix your current one for free.

all this talk of ps3 murdering updates has got me afraid to turn it on.

if it is due to an update surely they should give you a new one or fix your current one for free.

all this talk of ps3 murdering updates has got me afraid to turn it on.

same going to try it now wish me luck :(

mine was grand earlier but i never played a game :S

Its kinda out of order if sony did that, i dont think the 60gigs could handle the firmware update so it just burnt out and overheated the ps3

if you lot have got a 60gb then good luck lol

Last edited:
I did the update. Played my PS3 for a couple of hours afterwards. No crash yet. :S

O no. I turned my ps3 on; I haven't played it for months as i'm not a diehard gamer: BAD NEWS!! UPDATE!! Reading this has made me too scared to update so i'm gonna leave it a while longer.

every1 has to update at the same time i think

btw lads wat do u think of the update

my xbox elite, is genius had it about six months not overheated once, unlike my first gen one. the first gen xbox's are awful and after i sent it back 3 times because of the rrod i wrote an angry letter to them microsoft, they asked me for all 3 "request repair" receipts and then after i sent them that they offered me an upgrade for the elite for £50. couldn't be happier. not getting onto the ps3 vs xbox 360 debate but i my mate said that ps3's only have 1 year warrenty. if so then that is criminal for something that costs £300. as for that chip conspirecy i've just text ma mates to see if any of them have had it, just waiting for them to text back