Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid Reincarnation.

TicTactition

Reaction score
View attachment 335363
Raùl Gonzalez Blanco.

Hello ladies and gents, I will be starting another story as the legendary player Raùl as he delves into management. I previously had a save which I was very successful on and enjoyed it but got deleted and I didn't back the files up so I will try and recreate a similar path to what I have achieved. I will be starting unemployed and I will look to build my way up to the top of the managerial ladder and hopefully one day end up at my beloved Madrid winning the La Liga and Champions League.

Raúl González Blanco
Born in Madrid, Spain 27th June 1977

Playing Career: -
1994: Real Madrid (C) - 7 apps 16 goals
1994-2010: Real Madrid - 550 apps 228 goals
2010-2012: Schalke 04 - 66 apps 28 goals
2012-end: Al sadd 8 apps 4 goals

Honours: -

UEFA Champions League alltime record goalscorer.
La Liga - 6
UEFA Champions League - 3
Supercopa de Espana - 4
UEFA Cup - 1
Intercontinental Cup - 2
DFB-Pokal - 1
DFL-Supercup - 1

Raul hung up his boots after a long and successful career which many people have appreciated what he offered to the great Catalans and playing alongside some of the biggest names in football including: Ronaldo, Beckham, Figo, Guti, Roberto Carlos, Iker Casillas and many more. Raul felt the only way he could carry on his legacy would be to manage his way up to the top. But in studying for his coaching badges Raul was a coach for Real Madrid which he admitted in a press conference it would one day be his dream to manage his boyhood club and pay back to the fans what they gave him throughout his playing career. But this would be a long road ahead and he would not get any ideas into his head at this moment in time.

Raul had made it public that he was looking into management a very long time ago and announced he was finally ready to take the helm of a team after much needed time learning the game from a view on the coaching staff of Real Madrid. Before he left a personal message was sent to his phone from Jose Mourinho which read: Good luck in the future and it was a pleasure to have met you, I look forward to meeting you again in the La Liga in the future (ha ha). Maybe this was to be but Jose was a man with alot of time for the players of Real Madrid as from my time on the coaching side I see Jose installed extra confidence in his players with the bond he keeps off the pitch with them. I plan to imply this technique into my management career aswell as playing attractive, attacking football. As a past International player I believe that my name would of been well known in the Football World and would avoid me starting at the lowest of the low. I applied for a few jobs and interesting jobs, but only time will tell who my next employers would be.

View attachment 335364View attachment 335365View attachment 335366View attachment 335367

I was offered many jobs, some which I didn't even bother to look at the rest of the paper once I saw the team name and others which I thought long and hard about..

Blackpool: The manager of Blackpool left for a team in the same league which I repeatedly asked myself: "If he has gone, do the board lack ambition by just letting people go like that? But nevertheless they have a healthy financial situation and the chairman seemed to want to move the club forward. I know Blackpool have a fantastic fighting spirit from their spell in the Premier League.

KRC Genk: An unexpected job offer as I have never followed much in Belgian football but I have always kept an eye out as they have some fantastic talents coming out of the country such as: Hazard, Kompany, Vertonghan and many more. Genk are in the top flight and near the top of the league. They also have an interesting pedigree to their team and it is an interesting offer which was laid down to me.

FC St Pauli: Seem like a club which are rebuilding and they have had experience in the top flight of German football but never been stabilized at staying there, maybe keeping them in the division then building from there would be a challenge. The only problem I can see is the wage budget is wafer thin and the finances at the club do not match my ambitions.

Blackburn Rovers: A interesting job offer as Blackburn used to be a very good English Premier League team during my playing days under Sam Allardyce. They have fallen gracefully and have new Indian owners which are called the Venkies, there has also been a managerial merry-go round at Ewood park since they was relegated which makes my options tingle a little. But they have presented me with a very good offer and the squad includes alot of talent such as the young Jordan Rhodes.

Who would I take over? Debate..

View attachment 335369
Genk hire Raùl

It was only one choice in the end, with the possibility of winning a major trophy in my first year of management I thought I would test myself and not just sit back. I believe I have what it takes to succeed in Belgian football and make it more recognized. I have researched thoroughly into the club and outweighed all my other options before taking the job. I was very impressed with how the Chairman showed me around the club and announced the clubs ambitions and where he wants the club to go and announced he will financially support me. Talks with Blackburn was also good but it seemed that the chairman didn't love the club. Whereas me being a Catalan you gain love for a club and cherish it with all of your heart. This came across to me from the Genk chairman as he was true with his words. I sat down with the chairman (Herbert Houben) to discuss our targets for the season. We was currently 9 points behind 1st position. He poured me a whiskey and then we began to talk.

Herbert:"So Raùl, I'm pleased to welcome you to Genk and I hope that we can set a target for this year which is realistically achievable but gives us a target to aim for. You was a born leader which is partly the reason we offered you the job, aswell as your unbeaten start at Castilla. I believe we should be aiming for the top 3 and I'll be happy with that due to our poor start to the season. What are your views on that?"
Raùl:"Hello Mr.Herbert, I think that the squad which we have is adequate but could almost be improved in certain areas. Also I feel that top 3 would not be a challenge for me to conquer as I feel it would be done with ease. I like to play under pressure so I'm looking to finish as Champions. I will need to have a little financial support to help me achieve players I need to bring in and improve the squad in the next window."

Herbert:
"Haha, you really are a man with ambition Raùl. I like that and hope you can breed the winning mentality into the players which put on the shirt for this club. For your ambitions i'll be handing you a transfer budget of £13.25m and a wage budget of £250k a week. If there is anything you wish to speak about Raùl my office door is always open, now go win tomorrow and good luck!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 335375

Vincent van dasood: Raùl you're sitting here as Genk manager as your first team as a manager is this your dream job??

Raùl:
I would be lying if I was to say this is my dream job Vincent, I eventually one day want to manage Madrid but I am a honest person who will propel Genk to glory.

Jeremy van Halen: Are you excited to be managing in Belgium?

Raùl: Why would I be here if I am not excited by the prospect and the challenge? That would just be silly.

Robbie Sneijder: Before you joined Genk, they wasn't meeting expectations in the league. What makes you think you possess something different to lead them to glory?

Raùl:
I could say that I am a winner and here to win games, but I am here for much more than that. I want to take the club on a fairytale adventure and have them playing football like you see in the La Liga week in week out and the big goal is to be part of Europe. There was once an unknown manager called Alex Ferguson who stepped into big shoes at Manchester United. Have you heard of him?

End of press conference

We will begin my first game in charge against Cercle Brugge.

November / Noviembre

View attachment 335377

I was just about prepared for my first game pre match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 17th November 2012
Jan Breydelstadion

Cercle Brugge 0 - 3 Genk
O.G, Barda, Plet

MOTM: Kalidou Koulibaly

Very happy and delighted that my first game as a manager was a pleasing win with us dominating play from start to finish and playing some pleasing football at times, the defense wasn't troubled and we could of had even more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League Group A
Thursday 22nd November 2012

Toumba

PAOK 2 - 1 Genk
Barda

MOTM: Anele

Robbed isn't the word, we was cheated out of this game by the referee's assistant. After watching a replay over and over we had 2 perfect goals disallowed for no reason. I believe that Fifa should implement replay decisions for these rash decisions. This puts us out of progressing to the next stages of the cup as before I took over the lads only picked up 4 points from 3 games. I am disgusted with the officials today and have let myself be heard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgian Pro League
Sunday 25th November 2012

Jules Ottenstadion

AA Gent 0 - 0 Genk

MOTM: Nadson

Frustrating at times and we almost threw it away, but to come away with another clean sheet in the league is somewhat of an achievement. I hope we can become fluid with our tactics quickly, we have busy times ahead.

Belgian Pro League
Wednesday 28th November 2012

Stade Maurice Dufrasne

Standard 1 - 2 Genk
Tshimanga, Joseph-Monrose, Barda sent off

Vintage performance and brilliant teamwork. Barda threatened our chances early on being sent off in the 20th minute and made it very hard for us, playing one of the best teams in the division and the two wingers popped up with the goals in a brilliant team display. The last 15 minutes was nervy as Standard piled on the pressure and managed to produce a goal but we held our own to secure the 3 points today. Resulting this Standards manager got the axe.

Some pleasing news from my old friends.

View attachment 335381

Player of the month

View attachment 335380

Kalidou Koulibaly
Been a rock at the heart of the defence since I took over.

League Table

View attachment 335382

December / Deciembre

View attachment 335383

Preparing for a long month ahead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 1st December 2012

Cristal Arena

Genk 1 - 1 KV Mechelen
Simayes

MOTM: Jeroen Simayes

Shot ourselves in the foot by conceding in the last minute of the game and it was woeful marking by the defenders, denied us the chance to start challenging for the top spot. Also suffered injuries to Joseph-Monrose and Ait-Fana. They will hopefully not be serious as they are two of our best players.

Europa League
Thursday 6th December 2012

Cristal Arena

Genk 2 -1 FC Twente
Hamalainen, Barda

We won the match comfortably but finished 1 point off qualifying which if I would have been in charge from the start we may have qualified from the group. Nevertheless we ended strongly and it will be a platform to build on next year.

Belgian Pro League
Sunday 9th December 2012

Freethiel

Waasland-Beveren 0 - 0 Genk

MOTM: Anele

We couldn't put anything away today, didn't take our chances or create anything much, the match was pretty drab but we can take the positives of a clean sheet away from the match.

Belgian Pro League
Sunday 16th December 2012

Cristal Arena

Genk 3 - 0 Beerschot AC
Barda (3)

MOTM: Elyaniv Barda

Fantastic finishing today by Barda, he deserves a single mention for being fantastic today and bringing us the three points. Beerschot on the other hand where a disgrace injuring three of our players and should have had atleast two red cards. It was although pre-match their manager had set his players to go play with a leg-breaking attitude.

Belgian Pro League
Wednesday 19th December 2012

Cristal Arena

Genk 3 - 0 Lierse
Maric, Plet, Tshimanga

We hit them in injury time in the first half which would of no doubt changed the managers half-time team talk and then two inspired substitutions wrapped the game up for us, we are edging closer to the top of the table.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 22nd December 2012

Daknam

Lokeren 1 - 1 Genk
Tshimanga

MOTM: Mijat Maric

Lokeren set up very defensively and we found it a struggle to find a way through them. We took the lead and threw it away two minutes later, in order to win this league we will have to turn draws like these into wins to be in with a chance.

Belgian Pro League
Friday 28th December 2012

Jan Breydelstadion

Club Brugge 1 - 2 Genk
Maric, De Ceular

Showed true character today by coming from behind to secure the three points which may be vital during the run in to the season, we fought like champions, played like champions and won like champions. The away support from the travelling fans was one of the factors to our victory today so I would just like to say thankyou to them.

Player of the month

View attachment 335410

Mijat Maric
Solid at the back and popped up with vital goals

League table

View attachment 335411

January / Enero

View attachment 335416

View attachment 335417View attachment 335418View attachment 335419
View attachment 335420View attachment 335421

Some good deals here, We needed a new keeper desperately so Oscar Utari was the man for the job. Also old Hull City boy Giovanni was brought in as cover and will be used sparingly.

Belgian Pro League
Wednesday 9th January 2013

Cristal Arena

Genk 0 - 0 Club Brugge

Need to be more clinical as we dropped points today but we battered them all over the pitch, I see it as two points dropped and we need to start winning these matches because we will not be in the first spot come the end of the season.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 19th January 2013

Cristal Arena

Genk 1 - 0 Zulte Waregem
Hyland

MOTM: David Hubert

Got away with it by the skin of our teeth, we went more attacking this match and we just can't seem to finish our chances, we had plenty and should of made this match double figures, nevertheless it is three points and I hope we are saving our goals for the big games. Also we are twelve unbeaten in the league, I have still not lost in the league which makes things look much more brighter.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 26th January 2013

Guldensporenstadion

KV Kortrijk 0 - 1 Genk
Barda

Yet again our defence keep a clean sheet. We also gained a victory over Kortrijk who are rivals for the title as they have been hovering around the top four all season, this game was a six-pointer and I was glad that a single goal clenched it for us.

Player of the month

View attachment 335432
David Hubert
Played brilliantly guarding the defence and getting forward in attacks this month.

League Table

View attachment 335433

Love your last one, look forward to seeing where you end up this time ;)

February / Febrero

View attachment 335437

Sky Sports interview some Genk fans.

Sky Sports:
How do you feel about Raùl being appointed as manager of Genk? And how do you think he is doing?

Genk Fans: Yes he is an unbelievable manager. He has installed a brilliant passing ethic and teamwork into the team. We are pleased at the beautiful football being played along with the results. I believe he will manage at the top teams in Europe.

Sky Sports: Do you like the way in which Raùl approaches things?

Genk Fans:
Yes indeed, he has installed discipline into the club and got the players to respect the badge on the shirt. He comes from a good footballing heritage and done the research as before the players used to walk all over the club.

Sky Sports: Thankyou for your time gentleman, good luck with the rest of the season.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 2nd February 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk
2 - 4 Mons
Hyland (2)

MOTM: Khaleem Hyland

I feel disgusted with the teams performance today, felt like none of them wanted to win not even a little bit. Nobody wanted to take the lead and put a stamp on the game. Because of this poor performance there will be running doggies in training till we can get it right. We have fell nine points behind Anderlecht.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 9th February 2013

Stade du Pays de Charleroi

Charleroi 1 - 2 Genk
Tshimanga, Barda

MOTM: Cicero

I thought we had let it slip through our fingers and the title would most definately have drifted away. We conceded immediately after we scored only for Barda to pop up in the 87th minute with what proved to be the winner, we face top of the table Anderlecht next which will be the most vital game of the season and could debate whether we can still challenge for the league or not.

Belgian Pro League
Friday 15th February 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 1 - 0 Andelecht
Barda

Game on!!!!!!!!!!!! A very poor quality footballing match as neither team could break either down but the crowd was electric and in the 93rd minute the ball was cleared from a corner to an onrushing Elyaniv Barda who struck a volley straight into the top corner giving us a chance back into the title race and this could dent Anderlechts confidence.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 23rd February 2013
Leuvens Sportcentrum-Den Dreef

OH Leuven 0 - 2
Genk
Barda (2)

Excellent performance from all the boys, it was all sewn up after 30 minutes when Elyaniv had his brace, elsewhere Anderlecht lost again today which makes things very interesting!!! We need to keep this level of performance up till the end of the season and we will win the title.

Player of the month

View attachment 335441
Elyaniv Barda
Important goals to put us in the position we are in now.

League Table

View attachment 335442

Loving this story, great start. Good luck with the season, I reckon top spot. :D

March / Marzo

View attachment 335443

Genk fans in full voice for the closing games.

Belgian Pro League
Wednesday 6th March 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 2 - 0 Standard
Koulibaly (2)

The big man Koulibaly with two fantastic bolting headers from set-pieces took the spoils today infront of a bumper sell out crowd and he keeps piling the pressure on Anderlecht who are being chased furiously by us for that first place. Goals win games and clean sheets win titles.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 9th March 2013

Cristal Arena

Genk 2 - 0 Cercle Brugge
Hubert (2)

MOTM: David Hubert

Well we are still keeping the pressure on and a brace with the defensive midfielder scoring his first; a pearler of a 30 yard free kick then another at the end of a lovely team passing move. The mood around the camp is brilliant and everyone is pumping with confidence.

For the last 10 games the league is split into the top 6 and the bottom 6. Each team plays each in the top six twice or another team if they enter with more points than the sixth team.

View attachment 335464

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 30th March 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 0 - 0 Club Brugge

MOTM:
Kalidou Koulibaly

Drew a stalemate for yet another time this year. My defence I cannot fault as they have been excellent since the first day I arrived. But we are lacking in the goals department at times and we need to be smashing them in to ensure the title ends up with us.

Player of the month

View attachment 335472
Kalidou Koulibaly
Heart of the defence.

League Table

View attachment 335474

April / Avril

Youth Intake

View attachment 335478

Only decent player, could be developed into a good player if trained right.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 6th April 2013
Stade Constant Vanden Stock

Anderlecht
1 - 1 Genk
Barda

MOTM: Cicero

A brilliant game which could of gone either way. We didn't pick up three points but we didn't throw them away either. It is still keeping a tight affair on things and will go down to the wire.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 13th April 2013
Olympisch Stadion

Beerschot AC 0 - 0 Genk

MOTM: Ivan Ivanov

League is slowly slipping away from us. One more dodgy result could hand the title to Anderlecht on a plate. We need to find our scoring boots and fast. Credit again to the defence for yet another clean sheet.

Belgian Pro League
Wednesday 17th April 2013

Cristal Arena

Genk 1 - 0 AA Gent
Barda

Excellent. Vital three points and Anderlecht today dropped points which brings us back into it!!! Yet another clean sheet. The defence have been brilliant all season and it wouldn't be a surprise if all 4 of them wasn't in the team of the season.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 20th April 2013
Guldensporenstadion

KV Kortrijk 1 - 3 Genk
Ait Fana, Barda(2)

The Israeli has come up with the goods at a vital time in the season again. I hope he can carry the form on till the end of the season. We are carrying good form once again into the last few games. Only one defeat in the league during my reign I feel confident we can do this!!!

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 27th April 2013
Jan Breydelstadion

Club Brugge 3 - 0 Genk

MOTM:
Cicero

Blew it. Not lost by three goals all season and we have gone and spunked it up while we need to keep pressure on Anderlecht. We need to get back up on our horse and not feel sorry for ourselves. This has been a wild chase this season but I am determined to win it.

Player of the month

View attachment 335542
Cicero
The Brazilian flair has kept us burning.

League Table

View attachment 335543

May / Mayo

View attachment 335544

The deep expression that lay on my face after I realised the task at hand, I had to motivate myself at a squad full of men.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 4th May 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 3 - 1 Anderlecht
Maric, Hubert, O.G

MOTM: Ivan Ivanov

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give them a taste of their own medicine, two of their best players got injured and Kouyate got a straight red card. I hope that this makes the team fall apart. We are back in this!!!!!!!!!

Belgian Pro League
Wednesday 8th May 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 4 - 1 Beerschot AC
Hamalainen, Joseph-Monrose, Tshimanga (2)

MOTM: Derrick Tshimanga

All the goals are coming at the right time. The pressure is mounting on Anderlecht with them playing their game later. How would they fare? Now that Genk are smashing goals in for fun. Have we found our goalscoring touch at the right time? Only time will tell.. 2 league games remaining.

Belgian Pro League
Sunday 12th May 2013

Jules Ottenstadion

AA Gent 0 - 0 Genk
MOTM: Denis Odoi

Very very nervous result. The matchday will go down to the last game of the season where three different teams could win the league. It will definitely be a interesting end to the season.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 18th May 2013

Cristal Arena

View attachment 335560

We needed atleast a win, If we didn't we couldn't win the title. If Anderlecht won then they won the title. If Brugge won and I lost, they won the title. If I won and Anderlecht lost the title was mine. Was the fairytale to come true? Could this be the best day ever in Belgian club football for last day drama? Only time will tell us..

Live from the BBC:

Manish Bhasin: Today we are going to be keeping you up to date with both games: Genk vs KV Kortrijk and Anderlecht vs Club Brugge.

[8']: Anderlecht look dangerous today as they have dominated possession early on.

[20']: Genk have had the better of the opportunitys vs Kortrijk but all square still.

[37']: Oh so nearly for Club Brugge on the counter attack as they hit the post.

[45']: Half time Genk 0 - 0 Kortrijk and Anderlecht 0 - 0 Brugge.

[49']: We're four minutes into the game and Anderlecht are clean through, GOOOOOOAL!!!! There are crazy scenes in Anderlecht.. BUT WAIT IT HAS BEEN RULED OFFSIDE!!!

[51']: Brugge are on the attack, he goes past one, past two... GOALLLL!!! Brugge lead 1-0. The way it stands Anderlecht are still champions unless Genk can salvage a win.

[70']: Genk now have a corner where they are piling men forward.. The ball is swung in and.. its in.. its gone over the line BARDA!!!!!! THE FANS ARE OFF WILD!!!!

[90']: Full time here at Anderlecht, they can only win the league if Kortrijk equalise

[91']: Here come Genk on the counter attack now.. He's gone past the keeper and he has squared it.. GOOOOOALLLLLL TSHIMANGAAAAAAA!!! The title is coming to Genk!!!

[92']: Genk have scored again from the counter attack, De Ceular with the goal. Three is the magic number here. The final whistle is blown. Genk are Champions!!!!!!

Genk 3 - 0 KV Kortrijk
Barda, Tshimanga, De Ceular

MOTM: Derrick Tshimanga

View attachment 335570

Final League Table

View attachment 335571

Awards

View attachment 335572

My Player of the season:

View attachment 335573
Elyaniv Barda
Goals at the most vital time won us the league

My Young player of the season

View attachment 335577
Derrick Tshimanga
Gave me alot more that what I expected from this young man.

​BIG NEWS TO FOLLOW!!!!

Raùl announces resignation from Genk.

View attachment 335583

Dark days at Genk as Raùl departs.
On his departure Sky Sports catch up with Raùl to have a few words.

Sky Sports: Raùl, what is your reasoning behind leaving Genk after a wonderful and successful first season?

Raùl: I feel I have taken the club as far as it can go and I have brought the trophy home for the club and fans. The chairman and the fans have been fantastic I have loved my stay here. My wife and children have not settled in Belgium so I have had to come to an agreement to relocate. I have given Genk my all while I was here and I wish them the best of luck for the future.

Sky Sports: You say you are unhappy living in Belgium does that suggest you will never manage here again?

Raùl: I never said that. I think Belgium is a beautiful country and I have fallen in love with the club Genk after how I was welcomed. I'm sorry to the people I may have upset but I have got Genk back up on the podium and with a chance and UEFA Champions League football next year.

Sky Sports: So where can we be expecting you to manage next season?

Raùl: See you later ladies and gents, thanks for your time. You will know as soon as I do.

End of press conference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some former players have taken to Twitter after hearing the news about Raùls resignation.

@ait.fana7 (Kamil Ait-Fana): Can't believe the boss has gone, I have developed so much in a year thanks to him. #Goodluck #Legend

@Barda9 (Elyaniv Barda): Devastated at the news, had my best ever season as a professional under this legend. Whoever has him as a manager next is in for a treat #Hero

View attachment 335596View attachment 335597View attachment 335598View attachment 335599

The Jobs Raùl has been linked with since leaving Genk
I will weigh up my options. Who offered me the job? I will need to decide what team is best for me.

Dortmund: German team with a beautiful reputation for home-growing players and have a fierce squad. They finished 2nd in the league last year and still have brilliant players. The crowd are also one of the most feared in Europe, not many players and teams like having away matches at Dortmund. The Chairman welcomed me with open arms like a family member and offered me good terms

Feyenoord: Dutch team that produce alot of good youth also. Finished 3rd in the league last year behind Ajax and PSV. It would be a challenge again to win the league but very do-able. The chairman presented me with a good financial contract and a lengthy one at that.

Rubin Kazan: A trip to Russia, growing reputation in football and trying to get somewhere in Europe with Kazan would be an achievement. They are filled with money and the chairman told me he would give me the financial backing if I were to join the club and push them forward

AS Roma: Italian giants with legends at the club who I have played against in my career such as Totti and Di Rossi. The club have a rich history and the club is loved by the chairman and the fans. The chairman wants to restore Roma to the heights of Europe where they once was.

After days of discussion, hours wasted on thinking about this and that, nights without sleeping.. I decided which club I wanted to take forward as the challenge. All will be revealed next.​

Well done mate, had a sneaky feeling you might do it. Look forward to more.

Currently doing transfers ect. I've received big money for a player is all I'm saying and looking where to distribute it on the needed areas of the squad.

View attachment 335621
Dortmund

Aims:
Challenge Bayern for the top spot
Progress to atleast the quarters in the Champions League
Use the youth sparringly.

The lure of Dortmund coming in for me was too much. With players such as Gotze, Lewandowski, Reus and Hummells it was a easy decision. The chairman also sold the club to me by the way he spoke about it. He loves the club and is a true fan. I will be looking to improve the squad in areas which I believe are not the strongest although I will be using Dortmunds youth set up for my players as they are known to turn youngsters into world beaters. I may come up against Genk in the Champions League and I would like to thank them for my time at the club and help me get where I am today.

View attachment 335622

Joachim Herbs: Raùl, do you think you will be able to cope with the pressure of the Bundesliga coming from a lower league?

Raùl: I think that is very disrespectful to me and Genk. I only lost twice there in the league in nearly a full season and there are some very good teams in that league.

Franck Llonge: Alot of the high profile stars are looking forward to your experience as a player to coach them but you have a big job to fill which has been left by Klopp how will you respond?

Raùl: At Dortmund I will make it so we are a family. I will only play players who want to play for the club. If any want to be money grabbers they can pack their bags now.

End of press conference

Friendlies and Transfers next.

Pre Season and Transfers.

View attachment 335623

View attachment 335624View attachment 335625

Out:

Mats Hummells
: 40.5m was too good to decline and allows us to beef up areas in the team which are weaker

Roman Weidenfeller: Ageing and brought in better replacement.

In:

Ademilson - Young prospect who will provide back up for Lewandowski. If he plays well he will get his chance.

Bashkim Kadrii - Rotational player who will slot in anywhere and is a very young player for the future.

Mattia Destro - Brought in on a free has decent stats and gives another option when I go two up top.

Rene Adler -
Experienced goalkeeper which we needed due to Weidenfeller ageing and going out of the club.

Toby Alderweireld - Brought in to replace the outgoing Hummells to Man City. Cheaper and younger. Can be as good.

Jetro Williams - Be tutored by Schmelzer to challenge him for his place in a year or two time.

Nuri Sahin - Club legend and no fee only wages I think he will offer more options in midfield and we know his qualities as he won Bundesliga player of the year with Dortmund.

Rajko and Klein - Very good youngsters who will be part of the first team one day.

Pre Season Results.

Lotte 0 - 1 Dortmund
Perisic

Leon 2 - 1 Dortmund
Reus

Siegen 2 - 2 Dortmund
Bender, Lewandowski

Munsten 1 - 2 Dortmund
Durm, Bittencourt

AlbinoLeffe 0 - 4 Dortmund
Gundogan, Destro, Alderweireld, Lewandowski

Dortmund 2 - 0 Sporting
Perisic (2)

German Super Cup
Saturday 27th July 2013
Signal Idunga Park

Dortmund 0 - 0 Bayern
Dortmund win (5-3) on penalties.

A trophy already this season and to hold Bayern at bay is excellent and good news going into the season. I am hoping for a long and successful stay with Dortmund. I will look to play attractive football and impress the fans.

August / Agosto

View attachment 335626

'Welcome to Dortmund, we're watching you'

German Cup First Round
Monday 19th August 2013
Sportpark Unterhaching

Unterhaching 0 - 3 Dortmund
Blaszczykowski, Ademilson, Koch

MOTM: Maximillian Drum

Nothing less than expected in the cup, we are the current holders of this cup so I would like to retain it. Unterhacing put up a good fight for a division two leagues below us and the players was a credit to the club. I will arrange a friendly next year to boost their finances as they are a brilliant lower league club.

Bundesliga
Saturday 24th August 2013

RheinEnergieStadion

Koln 2 - 4 Dortmund
Gundogan, Perisic (3)

MOTM: Ivan Perisic

The score is very good and I'm delighted with the result but we was 3-0 up inside fifteen minutes then let two in which was very sloppy. I hope the defence are not that lackluster when coming up against bigger teams or we will get slaughtered. Nevertheless three points is three points and a classy performance.

Champions League Draw:

Benfica
Partizan
Zenit
Dortmund

I believe we have enough power to top the group. It won't be easy but the Champions League never is.

Bundesliga
Saturday 31st August 2013

Westfalenstadion

Dortmund 1 - 1 Nurnberg
Gundogan

MOTM: Ilkay Gundogan

Two points dropped here, we just wasn't clinical enough. My first time as a manager to step out into the atmosphere the fans are the best in the world. Even better than at the Bernabeau it has to be said. It was like an electric vibe running through my body. It's a shame the players couldn't replicate the fans desire.

Player of the month

View attachment 335629
Ilkay Gundogan
Chipped in with 2 goals in 2 league games.

League Table

View attachment 335630