Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid.

TicTactition

Reaction score
View attachment 289414
Raúl González Blanco
Born in Madrid, Spain 27th June 1977

Playing Career: -
1994: Real Madrid (C) - 7 apps 16 goals
1994-2010: Real Madrid - 550 apps 228 goals
2010-2012: Schalke 04 - 66 apps 28 goals
2012-end: Al sadd 8 apps 4 goals

Honours: -
UEFA Champions League alltime record goalscorer.
La Liga - 6
UEFA Champions League - 3
Supercopa de Espana - 4
UEFA Cup - 1
Intercontinental Cup - 2
DFB-Pokal - 1
DFL-Supercup - 1

Raul hung up his boots after a long and successful career which many people have appreciated what he offered to the great Catalans and playing alongside some of the biggest names in football including: Ronaldo, Beckham, Figo, Guti, Roberto Carlos, Iker Casillas and many more. Raul felt the only way he could carry on his legacy would be to manage his way up to the top. But in studying for his coaching badges Raul was a coach for Real Madrid which he admitted in a press conference it would one day be his dream to manage his boyhood club and pay back to the fans what they gave him throughout his playing career. But this would be a long road ahead and he would not get any ideas into his head at this moment in time.

Raul had made it public that he was looking into management a very long time ago and announced he was finally ready to take the helm of a team after much needed time learning the game from a view on the coaching staff of Real Madrid. Before he left a personal message was sent to his phone from Jose Mourinho which read: Good luck in the future and it was a pleasure to have met you, I look forward to meeting you again in the La Liga in the future (ha ha). Maybe this was to be but Jose was a man with alot of time for the players of Real Madrid as from my time on the coaching side I see Jose installed extra confidence in his players with the bond he keeps off the pitch with them. I plan to imply this technique into my management career aswell as playing attractive, attacking football. As a past International player I believe that my name would of been well known in the Football World and would avoid me starting at the lowest of the low. I applied for a few jobs and interesting jobs, but only time will tell who my next employers would be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first serious attempt at writing a story from a characters point of view. If you think it would be interesting please give this a like or follow to let me know whos keeping on track with it please guys. I will be looking to do very in-depth reports each month and will be trying to figure a suitable layout for the save. Any guesses to who my first club will be?

Accrington Stanley? Bournemouth? Athletico Madrid?

View attachment 289430 View attachment 289449 View attachment 289451

Which Club did I take? (It is Castilla not R.Madrid First Team I'm afraid.)

I sat down long and hard as all three jobs was offered to me after I had gracefully applied to them all. I sat up the night after I had applied for the jobs and thought long and hard to myself. Do I create legacy in another country such as England where they only know of me playing for Real Madrid but they do not know the real Raul. I would love to imply the Spanish game into a club which in the nPower Championship are huge and have made some key signings in the summer in Jordan Rhodes who I believe will end up being a Scotland legend when he is older. Castilla is a club close to my heart obviously being nurtured there as a young and upcoming footballer for Real this is basically a reserve team but plays in a competitive league which I cannot see why some nations have not adopted it into their football. The only negative is that Castilla cannot be promoted into Liga BBVA as they are a club of Real and its against the rules. The benefits of Castilla is that it really benefits players which need that extra bit of time to push for the first team. It would be a challenge and be lovely to re-unite with all of the past coaching staff which have been so good to me over the years, not to mention I'd be close to home and would not have to upset my childrens education. The last option was Valladoid which are a team which have featured regularly in Liga BBVA in the past few years but have been such of a yo-yo team but with the right stability they could hold their own then fight their way into the Liga BBVA and stake a rightful claim to stay there.

View attachment 289462
Thinking Time - My mind was in overdrive.

I outweighed the options and I had seeked advise from many people that I speak to which job would be best considering I was taking my first footsteps into management and I didn't want to be a little fish in a big pond but I didn't want to be at a club with no morales. After hours and days I still couldn't make my mind up I ended up taking time thinking where each job could leave me, Then there was only one option.

View attachment 289466
CASTILLA HIRE RAUL

Obviously with a club so close to my heart it would be foolish to start astray when I can learn more of the ropes here. It was a shocking move for some who saw it as a shock and to others they expected it coming for a long time. It was time to meet the press and answer a few questions.

View attachment 289472

Luis Del Gustavo:
You sit back here in Madrid at Castilla is it your dream job to manage a club so close to your heart?

Raul: Well obviously it's a delight to be back at a club that has done so much for me in my career the least I could do is try to give back a little what this club has given me.

Felipe dos Santos: Do you feel any pressure here as being always successful as a Galactico you will be able to bring that into to your management?

Raul: Felipe, playing infront of the Santiago Bernabeu every week infront of tens of thousand's of people is pressure and playing in a Champions League Final. Dont ask me silly questions.

Vincent el Horno: Do you see yourself as a hands-on manager or prefer to be a reserved person to your team?

Raul: We will have to see wont we.

Fernando Allegre: Will you be looking to strengthen your team in the transfer market at all Raul?

Raul: Not dramatically maybe one or two faces will come in but from the first day at training I see these boys are all showing me that they want to break into the first team and I will be informing Jose on a daily basis of who has been playing well. If necessary we have a brilliant youth set up so I can visit the u19s.

The press conference at Alfredo di Stefano has now been concluded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I came to the end of my first day in charge I had a good view and outlook of things. I knew where everything was so that was a kick-start into my manager career which helped me abit. I took a look at the squad in training and identified the talents which I believe will be key players this season.

Jése & Borja

View attachment 289498 View attachment 289500

As I took over we was 8 Games in and the current League Table looks like this:

View attachment 289501

Really liking the concept and design of this story, keep it up mate.. i am following!

October/Octubre
View attachment 289506

My First set in fixtures in charge and to re-introduce myself.

LIGA adelante

Saturday 13th October 2012
Alfredo di Stéfano

Castilla 4 - 2 Las Palmas
Rubén Sobrino (3), Mosquera

MOTM: Rubén Sobrino.

At the start of this game I began to wonder why Castilla wasn't doing very well in the league when I took over. They have alot of players away on International duty and then alot which are not registered and too late to be registered!! I had to play 5 substitutes with 2 of them being Goalkeepers which was very worrying. Nevertheless we crack on and get stuck in again next match.

Sunday 21st October 2012
Nuevo Arcàngel

Córdoba 1-2 Castilla
Gerard Bordás (2)

MOTM: Gerard Bordás

3 Late dramatic goals provided a thriller at the Nuevo Arcàngel. With some new signings which I made which I will announce at the start of November.

Sunday 28th October 2012
Alfredo di Stéfano

Castilla 4 - 1 Sporting
Plano (3), Fabinho, Derik sent off

MOTM: Plano

A game which we absolutely dominated and the second hat-trick of the month which was very pleasing that the team are scoring lots of goals, I just wonder what the manager before me was doing here. Fabinho's freekick was one he will always remember a 35 yard pearler straight into the top corner as Andy Gray would say: Take a bow son.

Player of the month:
View attachment 289518

Oscar Plano (2 games, 3 goals, 1 assist)

League Table
View attachment 289519

November/Noviembre

Transfers In
View attachment 289521View attachment 289522View attachment 289523View attachment 289524

Much needed as I don't really have depth in my team. Obviously I will be looking for more activity during the January window if I feel I have to strengthen.

In other news, Jose has been threatened by the Real Madrid board after less than impressive results in LIGA BBVA.
LIGA adelante

Sunday 4th November 2012
El Alcoraz

Huesca 2 - 2 Castilla
O.G, Mateos

MOTM: Mateos

Fought back from 2-0 down to earn a hard earned draw away from home and remain unbeaten during my reign as manager at Castilla.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 11th November 2012
Alfredo di Stéfano

Castilla 2 - 0 Recreativito
Plano, Bordás

MOTM: Souleymane Diamoutene

First clean sheet during my reign at Castilla, obviously the team has took my playing style of scoring goals as we have scored in every game we have played so far but the hiring of defensive coach De Calgiéno should fix our little defensive leaks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 18th November 2012
Municipal Anduva

Mirandés 0 - 1 Castilla
Jése

MOTM: Souleymane Diamoutene

A result which you have to take as it's a sign of a winning team. A Jése penalty in the second half secured us the win. Except that the game was terrible and wish I could pay all of the people back that came to watch as the viewing of the football was not the prettiest and certainly not Spanish with the ball being played in the air for the majority of the match. Also I moved up to 5th in the table compared to the 18th when I joined the club.

Friday 23rd November 2012
Alfredo di Stéfano

Castilla 1 - 1 Numancia
Rubén Sobrino, Cheryshev missed penalty

MOTM: David Mateos

I slightly over-reacted in the changing rooms after this game as I went crazy at them when we was cruising the game at 1-0 and had the chance to make it 2-0 from the spot and from then we switched off. I've never been known for my temper but all of the team got a dressing down today even though Numancia are 3rd in the table we gave them a point today.

Echoes around Alfredo di Stéfano Raùl may leave.

View attachment 289539

MARCA: Whispers from inside the creaks that Raùl is looking to take on a job which has more adventure now he has learned the ropes at Castilla applying his trade going unbeaten in 2 months in his first managerial role. Raùl would only leave with Reals blessing and news has come that they want Raùl to tutor all the youngsters to mature them for the first team. What will the final outcome be? Who knows?

Player of the month
View attachment 289540

Souleymane Diamoutene
Rock at the back since his signing with 2 clean sheets.

League Table
View attachment 289541
Still undefeated which has made me happy.​

Do all the players stay in your squad or do they move around getting promoted and demoted to the first team squad? I played as Barca B a few seasons ago and one game you would have Bojan, Thiago and Pedro the next game they were all gone!

Do all the players stay in your squad or do they move around getting promoted and demoted to the first team squad? I played as Barca B a few seasons ago and one game you would have Bojan, Thiago and Pedro the next game they were all gone!

Madrid don't usually touch the players unless its the copa del ray so far which they call up some of the players which isn't really a worry for me. It's just unusual being second fiddle to basically your parent club but very interesting managing in Spain. I want to manage in many countries and finally end up at Madrid, whether that happens or not I do not know.

December/ Diciembre

Gazetta: Legend Raùl leaves Castilla for abroad but which team will it be?

View attachment 289633View attachment 289634View attachment 289635View attachment 289636

Lech Poznan - are a small team in Poland which are most recently famous for doing the famous Poznan dance which Manchester City later adopted which has given them more publicity than what they would have planned. Yet they have a brilliant set of fans which must set a brilliant atmosphere around the stadium and be good for the players to play in.

FC Nordsjaelland - A team from Denmark which until this year I have never heard of until they embraced the champions league group with the big dogs of Chelsea and Juventus. They wasn't successful but they will benefit from the experience and I believe they have one or two youth players worth keeping an eye on.

R.S.C Anderlecht- Probably the biggest club of the lot and which I know alot about, the Belgians which have until recently been conquering the Pro League and have produced some very good youth talent such as Lukaku who is now smashing them in for West Brom in the Premier League and I have played against Anderlecht in many of games and know they have a fantastic ethic of playing.

KRC Genk -
The other large club being Genk which I know alot about as I played against them in the Champions League during the 2002-03 campaign and they was very hard to break down at home and the crowd for the Belgians was very scary. The amount of atmosphere was like playing at the Bernabeu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHO WOULD IT BE?

View attachment 289638

Genk appoint Raùl as Head Coach

I was very impressed with how the Chairman showed me around the club and announced the clubs ambitions and where he wants the club to go and announced he will financially support me. Talks with Anderlecht was also good but it seemed that the chairman didn't love the club. Whereas me being a Catalan you gain love for a club and cherish it with all of your heart. This came across to me from the Genk chairman as he was true with his words. For the jobs at Lech Poznan and FC Nordjaellend I didn't even consider after I knew what my intentions was. I sat down with Herbert Houben (The Chairman). We announced and came to agreement with what we set to achieve this year. I took over when the club was a mearsly six but a tight table except the top two who was 10 points ahead and the leading pack. Herbert poured me a Whiskey and began to discuss:
Herbert: "So Raùl, I'm pleased to welcome you to Genk and I hope that we can set a target for this year which is realistically achievable but gives us a target to aim for. You was a born leader which is partly the reason we offered you the job, aswell as your unbeaten start at Castilla. I believe we should be aiming for the top 6 and I'll be happy with that due to our poor start to the season. What are your views on that?

Raùl: "Hello Mr.Herbert, I think that the squad which we have is adequate but could almost be improved in certain areas. Also I feel that top 6 would not be a challenge for me to conquer as I feel it would be done with ease. I like to play under pressure so I'm looking to finish in the top two. I will need to have a little financial support to help me achieve players I need to bring in and improve the squad.

Herbert:
"Haha, you really are a man with ambition Raùl. I like that and hope you can breed the winning mentality into the players which put on the shirt for this club. For your ambitions i'll be handing you a transfer budget of £8.8m and a wage budget of £285k a week. If there is anything you wish to speak about Raùl my office door is always open, now go win tomorrow and good luck!!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to thank Castilla for the opportunity they gave to me and I wished all the players good luck in their futures and the staff aswell but I said I had to fulfill my ambitions of managing at the top and I couldn't let a big opportunity slip. I also received the boards blessing as they thanked me for getting Castilla up and running in the league and arranged a surprise party for me before I left which I respect because it would of been easy to call me all sorts after walking out on a job after two months. I promised I would keep in touch and would regularly see if Madrid/Castilla had any players which was unwanted and had enough quality to come into the Genk side.

View attachment 289652
Danny Felhouzi: So Raùl sitting here as manager of Genk is this the job you've been waiting your lifetime for?

Raùl:
Genk is a good job yes. Dream job no, everybody knows my dream job and I am a honest person which wants to lead Genk to glory.

Jeremy van Halen:
Are you excited about managing in Belgium?

Raùl: Why would I be here if I'm not excited by the prospect of it that would just be silly now wouldn't it?

Robert Sneijder: Before you joined Genk they wasn't meeting expectations in the league. What do you bring to the club that's different?

Raùl:
Good question haha, well I could just say the usual that I am here to win except I want much more than that. I want to take the club on a adventure like a fairytale and have them playing beautiful football like the Spanish teams and yes hopefully, compete in the major tournaments one day.

END OF CONFERENCE

View attachment 289656

Belgian Pro League

Saturday 1st December 2012
Cristal Arena

Genk 2 - 0 OH Leuven
Plet, Jelle Vossen

MOTM: Jerry Vandam

Very very happy with this display as I installed my formation into play the 4-2-3-1 which allows me to control the possession of games and dictate which way it pans out if we play to our maximum ability. Here the lads just took control of the match and buried the opponents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 8th December 2012
Stade Constant Vanden Stock

Anderlecht 2 - 2 Genk
Jelle Vossen, Hamalainen

MOTM: Elyaniv Barda

Well well well, a game against the team I could of taken on and managed. We fared very well against Anderlecht away from home and enjoyed most of the posession, we was winning 2-1 until in the 80th minute the referee decided to award a stupid penalty and I let my intentions be known at the end of the match calling him and accusing him of cheating, which will no doubt come back to bite me in the ***. Still not a loss though and robbed of 3 points.

Raùl agrees deals for 4 players to join in January.

Sunday 16th December 2012
Cristal Arena

Genk
4 - 1 Waasland-Beveren
Steeven Jospeh Monrose (3), Barda

MOTM: Steeven Joseph Monrose

The first match I can honestly say I thought we was going to get battered in the first half we was defending like a little Sunday league team which I declared at half-time they are not world beaters and I will sell anybody who doesn't fight for the shirt and would die for it. Maybe a little too strict of an approach but who else at this club has the achievements I have as a player? Second half it paid off as we absolutely killed and buried the team and put them out of sight.

Wednesday 19th December 2012
Cristal Arena

Genk 2 - 0 Zulte Waregem
Koulibaly, Simaeys (Hyland sent off)

MOTM: Jeroen Simaeys

Both of my centre-backs scoring from corners shows that we wasn't critical enough but a sign of champions winning very scrappy and our key player Jelle Vossen looked disinterested and he didn't want to be on the pitch. I brought him off at 55 mins and he wasn't happy so a conversation after the match will be needed and if he doesn't engage properly then he will be shipped out in January as no player is bigger than the club.

Saturday 22nd December 2012
Jan Breydelstation

Cercle Brugge 0 - 4 Genk
Steeven Joseph Monrose, Barda (3)

Start to finish was excellent today cannot fault the effort and desire shown we was hungrier and wanted it more than the other team. Absolutely battered them to a pulse where fans was leaving around the 60th minute mark it was that one sided. After the game the players could barely walk off the pitch so I decided to let them have the next day off training and arrange a meal for the families of all the team involved at my expense. It was a good night which also helped me get to know abit more about the personality of the players aswell.

Belgian Cup Quarter Final 1st Leg
Wednesday 26th December 2012
Olympisch Stadion

Beerschot AC 0 - 4 Genk
Steeven Joseph Monrose, Jelle Vossen, Barda, OG

MOTM: Kalidou Koulibaly

Game we dominated again obviously the lads repaid me for the favour I did for them and their families; Also a clean sheet which is brilliant. So we had one foot in the final if we could prevent a 5-0 loss next time round, I have Beerschot again 3 days again in the league so they will be seeking for revenge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Belgian Pro League
Saturday 29th December 2012
Olympisch Stadion

Beerschot AC 2 - 2 Genk
Steeven Joseph Monrose, Barda

Well they certainly showed us they was no pushovers today although 2 goalkeeper errors allowed them to score their efforts they should not have been allowed the time and space to get the shots away. I know its harsh and very critical but it's not the first time the goalkeeper has made errors and in January I will be looking to bring someone of a better calibre in to replace him. Only positive is we as a team are still unbeaten during my reign as boss.

Player of the month

View attachment 289695

Elyaniv Barda
(7 Games, 6 Goals, 3 Assists)

League Table.
View attachment 289696

Last edited:
FC Nordsjaelland - i would go with this team as it could be fun

I was going to manage these as whenever I'm a mid-table team I sign Jores Okore from them but he had gone so I didn't really fancy it mate.

January / Enero

TRANSFERS

View attachment 289702

The first two signings was here before I joined although they both have features in Key Roles this year.
Adryan is very well known to people and has a 875k release fee clause in his contract so it was too much of a good opportunity to pass it up as he will be a rotation player. Timothy Derijck was transfer listed at PSV and has very solid stats to challenge my 2 current centre halfs for a first team spot. Dyakov is a ball winning midfielder which I feel is the only area except Goalkeeper we really needed a signing as we lack abit of aggression in the midfield area he will certainly bring this for us. Michael Almeback is brought in as cover incase any of the centre-backs get injured. My star signing on the area I needed a player most was in goal where we signed Oscar Utari who has amazing stats and I believe will be the difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Belgium in January there is a 2-3 week break on games for players to recover energy for the second half of the season so I have arranged friendlies to keep my players in top shape and not to slacken off. I will leave every one to my assistant and give you the briefs of the results.

Genk 4 - 0 ESTAC Troyes
Nwanganga (2), Aït Fana, Barda

Genk 1 - 2 FC Bayern
Jelle Vossen

Genk 1 - 2 Pumas
Nwanganga

Wattenscheld 1 - 3 Genk
Simayes, Buffel, Plet

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 19th January 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 0 - 0 Mons

MOTM: Timothy Derijck

Bore draw. Thats all I can say, I couldn't break them down and they couldn't break us down. Bit dissapointed but start again next game.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 26th January 2013
Herman Vanderpoortenstadion

Lierse 3 -3 Genk
Karim Aït Fana (2), Dyakov
MOTM: Karim Aït Fana

Kind of match we should be winning considering Lierse are on a downsliding losing streak. The teams above us are sliding abit infront and cannot afford to be dropping points like these I know you cannot win every game although in my head I think you can. We start again next match. Oscar Utari and Adryan both injured for 2 weeks which is a ballache.

Belgian Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Tuesday 29th January 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 2 - 0 Beerschot AC (6-0 agg)
Jelle Vossen, Steeven Joseph Monrose

I congratulated the team on getting to the Semi-Finals and reminded them of complacency and not to take any game lightly because every step they take in the shirt must be 100%

Player of the month
View attachment 289764

Timothy Derijck
been a rock at the back since signing from PSV this month.

League Table
View attachment 289765

Nice story and interesting choices being made, will follow :)

love the story. In a month you moved down of 3 positions without losing, it's really tight.

February/ Febrero

View attachment 289802

Sky Sports interviewing some Genk fans.

Sky Sports: How do you feel about Raùl being appointed as manager of Genk and how do you think he is doing?

Genk Fans: Yes, absolutely brilliant. He has installed a winning mentality into the players and brought a kind of play our people have never seen before I think it is only a matter of time before he manages the best teams in the world.

Sky Sports: Do you like the style in which the club is managed?

Genk Fans: Yes, some people say he is too strict but he has the respect in the dressing room and is a natural born leader all of us of Genk believe in Raùl and have faith in him to succeed.

Sky Sports: Okay gentlemen thankyou for speaking to us and good luck at todays game. Back to you in the studio Jeff.

Belgian Pro League
Friday 1st February 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 0 - 1 Standard

First loss of my managerial career and it was horrible. We didn't show up we didn't compete, we wasn't even second best to the ball. Its the first time i've seen us play like this and it was disgusting and not the football that I am used to watching us play. We start again next game.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 9th February 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 0 - 1 KV Mechelen
Koulibaly & Jelle vosen sent off.

MOTM: None.

The two red cards absolutely killed us as we was controlling the game beforehand. I cannot blame the lads on the pitch which battled and battled away trying to put things right from last game but we have no place for recklessness and the two players was both fined two weeks wages and made an example of after the game to their team-mates.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 16th February 2013
Guldensporenstadion

KV Kortrijk 1 - 3 Genk
Barda (3)

Teamwork. That was what won us this match against top of the league Kortrijk, they was in healthy form coming into the match and was heavy favourites. Barda was sensational finishing anything that was handed to him. Everybody worked together and showed how dangerous we are when we are at our best.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 23rd February 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 2 - 0 Club Brugge
Barda, Aït Fana

MOTM: Karim Aït Fana

Another brilliant result against a team in the top half of the table and another win which we absolutely destroyed the opponent. Aït Fana's contribution of running didn't go un-noticed winning him the man of the match award and bagging himself a goal. After the match I decided to hand him a brand new contract raising his current one by 50% and extending it a year for his run of form this year.

Player of the month
View attachment 289807

Karim Aït Fana
Mr consistant and providing the goods when needed.

League Table

View attachment 289808

March / Marzo

View attachment 289809

Genk fans in full voice to support the team in the closing stages of the season.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 2nd March 2013
Jules Ottenstadion

AA Gent was bidding farewell in their last game in the stadium of Jules Ottenstadion and they will be looking to go out with a bang as it is sold out against high flyers KRC Genk.

AA Gent 2 - 2 Genk
Barda, Tshimanga

Also became alltime record goalscorer for Genk after this match

Had the chance to take all 3 points before giving away a 2 goal lead which has basically ended our chances of finishing in the top two now. There was extra incentive to win for AA Gent as it was the last game in their stadium but we cannot find excuses to show how we threw a 2 goal lead away.

Belgian Cup Semi Finals 1st Leg
Wednesday 6th March 2013
Stade Charles Tondreau

Mons 0 - 3 Genk
Barda (2), Jelle Vossen

That guy Barda again popping up with the goods, this guy deserves a guy in all of the Genk fans hearts for his services and performances he has put in sometimes winning games single handedly on his own. Better yet we absolutely outplayed Mons on footballing terms controlling 75% possession and could have had more goals if we was more clinical. We carry a 3-0 lead into the second leg.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 9th March 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 3 - 1 Charleroi
Derijck, Barda (2)

Brilliant game and yet again taught another team a lesson in football I think I have brought my Spanish legacy into the Belgian Pro League. We have now all gelled together and are beginning to play properly as a team. The harmony is also excellent as every player wants the other 10 men on the field to do well. Now is the split of the league where the last games the top half play eachother and the bottom half play eachother.

Belgian Cup Semi Finals 2nd Leg
Wednesday 20th March 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 1 - 1 Mons (4-1 agg)
Almebäck

MOTM: Michael Almebäck

Played a number of rotation and reserve players to see if there was any worth keeping next year and they didn't play anywhere as near as good football as the first team; but that was more than expected. I knew we had to just play the normal game to get into the final and we did it very easily. They never threatened but scored through a penalty. I will be playing Standard Liege in the final.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 30th March 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 3 - 1 AA Gent
Adryan, Buffel, Jelle Vossen

MOTM: Adryan

Crucial match to win if we was still in contention with winning the league still. Last time we played AA Gent we gave up a two goal lead so when we was leading 2-0 and then they scored my head dropped and I thought "Here we go again." But instead we picked up momentum from the goal and attacked them till they HAD to defend. The players are all knackered and I've explained that signs of champions are still performing when they are tired.

Player of the month

View attachment 289830
Elyaniv Barda
"The Falcao of the Belgian Pro League" - Raùl

League Table
View attachment 289831

Back