Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid.

April / Abril

Youth Intake for Genk:
View attachment 289837

The only one worth mentioning as all of the others was rubbish. I believe I'll blood him into the first team next year giving him a little game time or I'll send him out on loan to get alot of vital game time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 6th April 2013
Stade Constant Vanden Stock

Anderlecht 1 - 2 Genk
Koulibaly, Barda

MOTM: Kalidou Koulibaly

The most nailbiting games I've had as a manager. It could of gone either way I won't lie to you. Anderlecht had a goal disallowed on the 20th minute which from my view on the sideline was a perfectly fine goal and should of stood but the officials did us a favour this time. I gave young Patrick Masudi his debut in the 69th minute and became the youngest ever player to play in the Belgian Pro League at 15 years and 297 days. 7 minutes into his debut he came off injured. Welcome to the real game Patrick, but on a serious note I hope that he recovers quickly so I can use him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 13th April 2013
Achter de Kazerne

KV Mechelen 1 - 2 Genk
Barda, Jelle Vossen

MOTM: Michael Almebäck

I never knew management could be so stressful. I was nearly ripping my long black hair from my head as time after time the officials was by far the worst I've ever seen. Sunday league teams in Spain have had better. But it is karma from last game where we was lucky and I luckily enough came away with the 3 points. I cannot take away the performance from the boys and battled hard and mixed blood with sweat to ensure we came away with those points today. I reminded the boys not long of the season was left and the reward would be worth the pain in the end.

Belgian Pro League
Wednesday 17th April 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 1 - 1 KV Kortrijk
Aït Fana

MOTM: Michael Almebäck

Never mind a football match, this was a war of a football match not Genk vs Kortrijk more like the Israeli's and Palestines with the amount of importance on the line. A draw isn't what this game deserved it deserved to have a winner as the atmosphere at the Cristal Arena was rocking and felt like I went to watch a live gig with the craziest sounds ever. However a draw is better than a loss and there are only a few more games left.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 20th April 2013
Stade Maurice Dufrasne

Standard Liege 0 - 1 Genk
Plet

MOTM: Timothy Derijck

Controlled the match from start to finish and never looked like losing at all. Barda was banned for this match and wondered where my goalscoring prowess would come from. Plet came in and he delivered the goods so I think he will get another chance in a upcoming game.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 27th April 2013
Jules Ottenstadion

AA Gent 0 - 2 Genk
Steeven Joseph Monrose, O.G

MOTM: Kalidou Koulibaly

Another match which we dominated but the atmosphere was very drab to say the least. AA Gent had not long moved into their new stadium and it seems it is too big for them as they managed to fill only half of it and it was like a graveyard especially after Steeven scored. We crept ever closer to Kortrijk at the top of the league.

Player of the month
View attachment 289870

Kalidou Koulibaly
been an absolute rock at the back of the line and ensured we have hung on to most of our victorys.

League Table
View attachment 289871

May / Mayo

View attachment 289874

My expression as the month that lay ahead of me was the hardest task I have ever had in my life. I not only had to motivate myself but a squad full of men.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 4th May 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 2 - 1 Anderlecht
Derijck, Adryan

MOTM: Steeven Joseph Monrose

Superstars! From being 1-0 down the boys dug in hard and fought back to victory a sign of true champions! The two goals was also scored in beautiful fashion.

Belgian Pro League
Wednesday 8th May 2013
Cristal Arena

Genk 1 - 2 KV Mechelen
Hyland

MOTM: Oscar Utari

We took our eyes off the ball and complacency set in for the match even though I reminded each and every player about the importance of their careers in perspective to this game. This would be the most important month of their lives and they must fight for the shirt and be true warriors. A tiny slip up is hopefully a blip.

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 11th May 2013
Guldensporstadion

The league is now in our hands. If we lose we lose the league it's simple. If we win, we give ourselves the advantage and confidence to go on to the last game and become champions together. You look at the guy next to you and your going to see a guy who will break the pain barrier with you and his team. Then you realise gentlemen the game is easy.

KV Kortrijk 0 - 2 Genk
Jelle Vossen, O.G

MOTM: Timothy Derijck

I've waved my magic wand once more, playing football in the first 10 minutes we was going nowhere and then wound the opposition up causing a 2 footed lunge from one of Kortrijk's resulting in a red card. Shortly after we took the league then they followed up with another red card which basically ensured victory for us. My pre-match talk paid off and didn't make me look like a fool. While approaching my final match I received a text from Jose Mourinho saying: "Good luck in your last two games to win your first silverware as a manager you have always had it as a player and now your demonstrating a brilliant manager. I'm still looking forward to playing you, when are you coming to the La Liga haha?"

Final Matchday
View attachment 289875

Belgian Pro League
Saturday 18th May 2013
Cristal Arena

Today I will be wearing an earpiece to inform me on the result of Kortrijk but will not let the boys know the score until the final whistle of our game has blown. Although if we win the title is ours!

"News coming in that Kortrijk have just taken a 1-0 lead against Mechelen."

"Michelen have just pulled a goal back against Kortrijk, what a game!!"

"Michelen have just taken the lead against Kortrijk, THE GENK FANS ARE GOING WILD!!!"

"The final whistle has blown at Michelen, Genk are Belgium Champions once more"

Genk 5 - 1 Standard Liege
Jelle Vossen (2), Aït Fana (2), Adryan

MOTM: Karim Aït Fana

Well what can I say, the lads deserve it all. They have worked their ***** of for me and sometimes hated me as they thought I was a army leader with some of the things I made them do. They won the league gracefully playing football that the towns of Belgium has never seen. The dressing room scenes was crazy with dancing with the Pro League trophy and sipping champagne from it this was a memory which would stick in the bottom of my heart as my 1st managerial trophy. We still have another trophy to focus on winning though but I will for once let the lads enjoy their success.

View attachment 289876

Genk fans with the players on the pitch after their success.

Belgian Cup Final

View attachment 289878

Saturday 25th May 2013
Stade Roi Baudouin

Ok boys, you know the outcome last time we played Standard, we won the league and absolutely killed them. They will be doing one of two things: Seeking for revenge or absolutely trembling with fear from the last pasting you gave them. I want to add another trophy to the collection and I want you to go out there and make me proud.

Standard Liege 1 - 2 Genk
Barda, Steeven Joseph-Monrose

MOTM: Steeven Joseph-Monrose

So I do the double in my first season as a manager, what more could you ask? I am more than delighted with the lads contribution and they all made a gauntlet for me to walk under and all of the team demanded it was me who lifted the Belgian Cup.

Awards

Belgian Professional Player of the year -
Guiseppe Rossini
Belgian Young Player of the year -
Karim Rekik
Belgian Pro League Goalkeeper of the year -
Bojan Jorgacevic
Belgian Pro League Best Average Rating - Karim Aït Fana
Belgian Pro League Most Assists -
Brecht Capon
Belgian Pro League Top Goalscorer - Elyaniv Barda
My Player of the Season:

View attachment 289881

Elyaniv Barda

My Young Player of the Season:

View attachment 289882

Karim Aït Fana

SHOCKING NEWS TO FOLLOW!!!

just read through this and I must say its a decent idea buddy! Always nice using a previous 'international foootballer to build on.! Keep it up

just read through this and I must say its a decent idea buddy! Always nice using a previous 'international foootballer to build on.! Keep it up

Thanks alot mate trying to keep it to realistic things such as I would go from Genk to Barcelona in job management haha (even though Raùl wouldn't ever consider Barca)

Raùl announces Genk resignation at the end of the season.
View attachment 289959

Dark days as the clubs manager walks away from the Belgian club.

On the way out of the Belgian City we managed to catch a few words with Raùl and ask him of his reasoning of walking away from Genk.

Sky Sports: Raùl, what is your reasoning of leaving Genk as the fans see it as a confusion after a successful season?

Raùl: I feel that I took the club as far as I could and installed hope and confidence into a team with fantastic fans and a fantastic board. Also my wife and children are very unhappy living in Belgium so I have to consider my family. I have given Genk 100% when I have been in charge and I wish to embark on a new challenge with a new club.

Sky Sports: You say your unhappy living in Belgium does that suggest you are never going to manage in Belgium again?

Raùl: I never said that, it's a beautiful country and has some excellent qualities but my wife does not experience the passion I feel when managing Genk. I'm sorry to who I may have upset but I achieved what was expected of me and restored Genk back to the top of the table where they belong.

Sky Sports: So where can we be expecting to see you manage next season?

Raùl: See you later gentlemen I have business to attend to, you will find out soon enough.

End of press conference

Some former players of Raùl took to Twitter to show their feelings on the boss leave:

@ait.fana7 (Kamil Aït.Fana) : Can't believe the boss has gone, feel like I have developed so much as a player under him will be sorely missed #legend

@BigBadBarda (Elyaniv Barda) : Just got the news, can't believe it produce my best ever season as a player and won my first ever top goalscorer award I dedicate it to you boss #Respect

@AdryanSandroLopes9 (Adryan) : In the 6 months I worked with you it felt like I came on more as a player than I have for the past 2 years in my previous club, you are such a genius and will be sorely missed at Genk. Good luck wherever you may be and hope we reunite one day #Raùl #ManagerOfTheYear

View attachment 289960 View attachment 289961 View attachment 289962 View attachment 289963

The Jobs which Spanish veteren Raùl has been linked with since leaving Genk.
I will weigh up my options after being offered all of these jobs in the summer I will need to see whats best for me after my time at Genk.

Dynamo Kiev - Ukrainian team with rich history and recently have had the hero Andriy Shevchenko playing for them and leading the line. It would be interesting to explore Ukraine as I have always been fascinated and never had the chance to explore it in the depths which I wish I could. The chairman welcomed me and promised to buy me and my wife a new mansion and motor of our choice if I signed the paper that day.

Panathinikos - Greek team which are always popping up in the champions league, I remember playing in Greece and feeling so intimidated by the fans when in Kos. It was a very intimidating place and I just couldn't imagine living there so I ruled this job out straight away before even holding talks with the chairman.

Everton - The English team which have been heavily recognised in the press for their brilliant financial control from David Moyes and keeping the club in great structure. They also breed some very good youth players through and in the recent years have had the likes of Rodwell, Barkley and Coleman. This year they finished 20th and will be plying their trade in the nPower Championship which is usual for a team which belong in Europe. This may be a step down from my current job and Bill Kenwright assured me that I would be in complete control and he believed I was the man for the job.

FC Twente - The team in Holland which Steve McLaren led the the Dutch title not long ago. English fans remember him as the wolly with the brolly and thats what he is as he finished a measly 14th with FC Twente as was rightfully sacked. I had a sit down with the Chairman and he said he would give me a healthy budget to increase the squads quality and help propel the club forward and would double my wage if I won the league.

After days of discussion, mindless hours of thinking, nights without sleeping I had decided what task I wanted to take forward and challenge. All will be revealed next.

My money is on Everton, the lure of getting them back in the Prem will be too much to turn down ;)

Raùl takes charge of...

View attachment 289982

View attachment 289983
Everton.

Aims:
Return to the Premier League Champions or Runners-Up.
Capital Cup Quarter Finals.
Fa Cup 5th Round.

The job was sold to me a club with so much love I couldn't see go down a dark demise as I know Everton in Merseyside hosts some of the most fantastic fans in football as well as fierce rivals Liverpool as Fernando Morientes told me of his time there was like playing with an army behind you. Mikel Arteta also phoned me up when I was linked with the job and said the club would be perfect for me as the relationship between players and fans is so passionate. As soon as I begin I will be looking to get rid of some big earners and get some money on board to re-structure the club to myself and try prove myself in one of the best countries in the world. It was a task as I could be playing European Football this season with Genk but I see Everton as a bigger opportunity in my career but thank Genk for the opportunity they have created in my life and wish them the best of luck for the future.

View attachment 289986

Julian Keys: Raùl, what attracted you to Everton F.C when you had the first shot of European football in your managerial career?

Raùl: Well Julian, as a manager sometimes you have to make key decisions. I believe England is the home of football and cannot pass up a change to manage in this country.

Jack Daniels: It has been reported that many of the players are unhappy after being relegated from the Premier League, what is your view on this?

Raùl: We have all been at low points in our life, it is the warriors that succeed when things get tough. If they are not warriors then they will no longer be Everton F.C players.

Phillip Norton: The facilities here at Everton are excellent what are your views on them?

Raùl: Yes I agree with you on that Phillip, but its what goes on inside of them and good old-fashioned hard work never mind how pretty they are. We could train on a park for all I care.

End of press conference

Next update will be transfers and friendly results and everything inbetween leading up to the start of the nPower Championship.

My money is on Everton, the lure of getting them back in the Prem will be too much to turn down ;)

You know me too well already haha loved the fact of the challenge and returning them to the Premier League.

Back