RADICAL 2-1-4-1-2 by Jakubek - JUST BELIEVE - ***BEST TACTIC FOR FM14***

Unearth

Reaction score

Firstly - THIS IS THE BEST TACTIC FOR FM14 I'VE MADE OR SEEN SO FAR.

View attachment 335355

I created a lot of tactics, downloaded and tried a lot of them, but THIS ONE WORKS ALWAYS, AND IT'S JUST INSANE.

This is the tactic I created while playing Real Madrid, and tested with Norwich, RC Lens and Dinamo Zagreb.

While playing RM, I found out that CR was best played as a striker, and I was annoyed that Bale couldn't play at his natural position (LM) because of him, so i went for 4-4-2 and it never really got me going, didn't seem attractive and I was furious with too few goals scored.

I never thought it would work, but i tweaked the never working 4-3-3 formation into 2-1-4-1-2 attacking formation with Bale and Carvajal on the wings.

You wouldn't believe, but I had 40 to 3 shots against Barcelona and won 4-0. I used it again away with similar effects. Unfortunately i erased this save because i had a lot of games going and this one was not really interesting, and I never thought i'd post it really... UNTIL..

I had a Norwich save, ended 1st season 5th place, and second season i decided to use this tactic. and this happened:

View attachment 335365

View attachment 335364

View attachment 335363

View attachment 335362

So I gave it to my cousin who tested it with RC Lens.. This happened..

View attachment 335360

View attachment 335359

He didn't use the tac long enough and we were impatient and wanted to post this ASAP, so no long term results.

I tested it with Dinamo Zagreb aswell in 2017.

My best spell in Dinamo ever.. I am now in 2020 and i cant get the match reports anymore, so this is all i have..

View attachment 335357

This is from 2019 but with much better regen team..

View attachment 335356

I would test this even further, but I don't have that much time, so if anyone would test it be my guest.

Team talk is important
- use the Raikan007's team talk guide posted on FM Base.

Tweak your set piece - keep the system but use your tallest and best header player on attack first post.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!! this tactic is RADICAL, so you'll have to familiarize to 100%. In the beginning when the tactic is not learned you'll probably win like 5-3, or 5-4, but when learned to 100%, the opponent will have 5 shots maximum per game, and you 30 to 40. BELIEVE ME!!!

*works best with FM14 version 14.3

SOOOOO.

You can BELIEVE or NOT. It's your choICE

P.S. i spent a lot of my time developing this tactic, so FELL FREE TO SHARE BUT KEEP THE NAME AND RESPECT THE AUTHOR PLEASE

"RADICAL 2-1-4-1-2 by Jakubek"

*Special thanks to ŠTIVA on testing the tactic*.

that's a bold statement u made by calling this the best lol, will test now mate, thanks

actually penaldo's best use is on the wing as a wide target man.
a wide defender with long passes/switch to other flank, cross from deep => more often. Hold position

= win.

I doubt this tactic its what it claims but i wil test this when ill have time in fmc with instant results.Also this formation in ME should behave like a 41212 with pushed wingbacks and from my experience all good 41212 such as Danilo are great at scoring but very vulnerable when meeting strong teams with skillfull wingers wich will punish you on flanks easily.

Last edited:
tactics only until you familiarize to 100%, than go with the flow. i usually let the assistant take care of it, but if you concede much go def. movement, if you have problems with realization - att.

hope this helps

View attachment 335352

@bebetu - yes it behaves similarly as 4-1-2-1-2, but it looks much more like a classic 4-3-3 (no wingers), especially when the team is defending

and please don't dismiss it after 2-3 games. stick to it at least until you get 100% familiarity.

I really think u found something here. Can't wait to try it. I love weird (BUT symmetric) formations.

If u got a good RB or LB i think they would fit better in the defensive winger position than a actual wide midfielder wouldn't it but only a suggestion.

Hi Unearth, I will try this out with Stuttgart. Will report my progress

I did test it for 12 games as Tottenham first season no signings in FMC (instant result) and had mixed results 20 goals scored and 20 conceded and made some draws with teams that i should win.Lost against Chelsea 5-1 but also i beat M. United away,this tactic is neither bad or sensational but i think it has potential to be better.U need also a backup defensive tactic for last 15 min since many goals i conceded min 80+ min. when AI goes rampage mode and made some draws like this.