Rafa Benitez, Last Interview

joel-lfc

Reaction score
Hello,

I know a awful lot of you dont live in Liverpool, but support the club.

When rafa got sacked, He donated 96K to the Hillsborough Justice campaign, and a lot more to local charity's from all over Merseyside.

Anyway, He also agreed to do a interview with local radio station, Radio City/ City Talk.

So. I have it here on download for you if you would like to listen, trust me its worth it.
Its been sitting on my desktop for weeks. Soo. I thought you might like to listen to it.

He talks about everything, Olympiakos 2005. Signing Fernando Torres.. ( Very funny story ), Luis Garcia 2005, His rivalry with Morinho.. Champions league 2005. Half time at instanbul. Hamman. Everything.. :)

So, I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. I loved Rafa and was devastated when he got sacked so it did make me slightly emotional. I'm not going to lie to you.

Enjoy.

PS: It goes on for 45minutes. I put it on my ipod and listened it on my way to Wales :)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?96olo80as288ff4

Credits: City Talk 105.9 - http://www.citytalk.fm/
Radio City 96.7 - http://www.radiocity.co.uk/

Will make for a good listen

45 minutes.. Jesus!

Might take a listen to it now..

Thanks for this mate will have a listen now. Rafa really does love Liverpool doesnt he.. Shame he was brought down by the owners to be honest, things could of been different.

Thanks for this mate will have a listen now. Rafa really does love Liverpool doesnt he.. Shame he was brought down by the owners to be honest, things could of been different.

He does, And one thing he loved most was the fans. He speaks about his passion towards them in the interview.

Yes, He says in the interview aswell, he is keeping his house in liverpool.

He will be back when we get decent owners and Roy's time is up, I hope.

( I am not saying, Sack roy and get rafa when new owners come in, Just would love him to come back before he quits football)

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I think that Rafa was treated unfairly. He wasn't given the full backing of the board, that's going to be tough for any manager. I just hope they give Roy a chance! I'll probably give this a listen to tomorrow :) Thanks for sharing

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I think that Rafa was treated unfairly. He wasn't given the full backing of the board, that's going to be tough for any manager. I just hope they give Roy a chance! I'll probably give this a listen to tomorrow :) Thanks for sharing

Yes, I am glad to hear people know what really happened with Rafa, He never "LEFT" he was basicly told, Take the money and go.

Ive only seen 2 liverpool managers in my generation, Houlior and Rafa, I was am young to witness any later. So, I cant say He was the best ever! But.. I can tell you one thing, I liked him better than Houliour.

Another thing about him was, He was always willing to accept criticism. And he was always first to criticize himself and his team. He said that in his interview.

Not alot of managers get the supporters behind him when he is doing below expectations. All the support he got in January not to go to Juve, it made me proud to be a red.

His last words," You'll never walk alone " - That put a huge lump in my throat. He is a tactical genius, I am proud to say he managed the club.

article-1003408-02C08294000004B0-153_468x381.jpg

rafa-benitez-pa_1356726c.jpg

Last edited:
I'm about 15 minutes into it, and if I'm honest? I've not been paying attention.

Megan Fox is in the T.V :)

I shall just listen to it tomorrow.

I'm about 15 minutes into it, and if I'm honest? I've not been paying attention.

Megan Fox is in the T.V :)

I shall just listen to it tomorrow.

Its hard to listen to at first, took me some times, So in the end I put it on my ipod.

Enjoy it mate.

Its hard to listen to at first, took me some times, So in the end I put it on my ipod.

Enjoy it mate.

Aye, I might just transfer it onto my phone, and listen to it whilst on the bus tomorrow.

Nice I am going to listen to it on my way to France for hols

Don't know who you are Joel - but crikey lad, you've been brought up the right way. You're a proper credit to your family and Koppites.

Did you catch Rafa's bit at the Inter press conference when they asked him about signing Mascherano?

"I don't know what Liverpool mean. I am focusing on preparing and coaching my team." :D

I was gutted when he left, and I hope that one day in whatever role, he returns. Would be great to see him back with new owners, it really would.

Yes Zeb I saw that. made me laugh. One thing I liked about Rafa, throughout all the ups and downs he kept a good sense of humour and was a credit to us all. He really did love the club.

Even when he is gone, I am proud to say that he was our manager.

Don't know who you are Joel - but crikey lad, you've been brought up the right way. You're a proper credit to your family and Koppites.

Did you catch Rafa's bit at the Inter press conference when they asked him about signing Mascherano?

"I don't know what Liverpool mean. I am focusing on preparing and coaching my team." :D

Thanks Zeb :)

Yes I love him, He speaks passionate about Liverpool and real Liverpool fans speak passionate about him back, He was a credit to this club.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I was gutted when he left, and I hope that one day in whatever role, he returns. Would be great to see him back with new owners, it really would.

Yes Zeb I saw that. made me laugh. One thing I liked about Rafa, throughout all the ups and downs he kept a good sense of humour and was a credit to us all. He really did love the club.

Even when he is gone, I am proud to say that he was our manager.

well said, Couldn't of said it better my self.

Going to download this now, it's going to be a long time before he is forgotten :(

he was an decent manager but not world class. i knew from his first season that he wouldnt win the premiership with liverpool. but before people start slating me i think he will get better and will win more trophies with inter their is no dout about that.