Rafa Benitez, Last Interview

S
Going to download this now, it's going to be a long time before he is forgotten :(

It defiantly is.

All those who said " Get rid of him, we can do better. He is rubbish etc," All need to take a step back and realise we sacked one of the best tacticians in the world. Someone who supported this club massively and never walked out on us, even after finishing 7th.

If I could speak to Rafa I would assure him that it wasn't the fans who wanted him out, It was the owners.

And being our typical owners they sacked him on the day the SOS ( Spirit of Shankly ) were protesting against them, They did it so everyone would try and think the protest was about Rafa being sacked, when really it was about H&G.

I have been learned from my Granddad, dad and videos etc, about liverpools past, Shankly, Kenny, Paisley, And for me.. He deserves to be up there with them. He is very passionate, just like them, And achieved a awful lot for this club. I just wish People who wanted him sacked would open there eyes :\

Thanks Zeb :)

Yes I love him, He speaks passionate about Liverpool and real Liverpool fans speak passionate about him back, He was a credit to this club.

There was a good piece he said not too long back, when he'd just been appointed as Inter manager - "At my last club, I went to war for the fans. I'd do the same again."

We owe him a debt of gratitude for getting on to the leeches so quickly. Three months it took him to suss them out and to let us know. There's still people who don't believe it - and they probably won't unless we end up in administration.

Good luck to the fella Inter - hope he wins everything this year - including the Grand National :)

he was an decent manager but not world class. i knew from his first season that he wouldnt win the premiership with liverpool. but before people start slating me i think he will get better and will win more trophies with inter their is no dout about that.
he was the only person to break the stranglehold on barca and real in the last decade. he is a world class manager. if he was english he wouldnt have been treated so badly by the press

he was an decent manager but not world class. i knew from his first season that he wouldnt win the premiership with liverpool. but before people start slating me i think he will get better and will win more trophies with inter their is no dout about that.

Well, Thats your opinion, But he was one of the best tactitans in the world.

Oh, and he won a champions league on his first season with a much weaker Liverpool side. Beating a certain club along the way... Chelsea...

Look how close he came to winning the premiership. We had one of the best away records in the premiership 2008/2009. Beat utd 4-1, Beat Chelsea away as well. Something like first team to beat them in lots of days, I can't remember.

Thanks for posting this up Joel.

So you keep saying, beginning to sound like a stuck record.

But every real Liverpool fan could of told you the same thing. The only way Rafa, who is a World Class manager, would of ever won the Premiership with Liverpool is if we either over-achieved massively (which is what almost happened once) or if Chelsea & Man Utd (& now Man City) somehow lost all of their players and money, or something changes at Liverpool so we can match them financially. Same goes for any manager who takes charge.

he was the only person to break the stranglehold on barca and real in the last decade. he is a world class manager. if he was english he wouldnt have been treated so badly by the press

And that's coming from a Man utd fan. Amazing.

Take a bow son, In the words of Andy Gray.

yer he was a good tactition but i just think he bought apon himself making stupid subs and wierd changes to his line-ups and playing players out of position most notably Lucas. I know he beat big sides but he was manager of Liverpool who are a big side also. He could become a world beater if he learns from his mistakes at Liverpool.

Thanks for posting this up Joel.

So you keep saying, beginning to sound like a stuck record.

But every real Liverpool fan could of told you the same thing. The only way Rafa, who is a World Class manager, would of ever won the Premiership with Liverpool is if we either over-achieved massively (which is what almost happened once) or if Chelsea & Man Utd (& now Man City) somehow lost all of their players and money, or something changes at Liverpool so we can match them financially. Same goes for any manager who takes charge.

Your Welcome Lee. Yes, I am beginning to just ignore these doubters now. All the stick he got from the media, other managers. For example Zonal Marking, He got criticized every week for Zonal Marking,

Problem with that is, Man Marking never gets criticized. Rafa tried something new, And the media obviously picked up on it and never left it alone oO)

It worked though, We had one of the best defensive records under Benitez.

yer he was a good tactition but i just think he bought apon himself making stupid subs and wierd changes to his line-ups and playing players out of position most notably Lucas. I know he beat big sides but he was manager of Liverpool who are a big side also. He could become a world beater if he learns from his mistakes at Liverpool.
he was lucas who is turning into a very talented well rounded midfielder, essentially an intelligent box to box midfielder, and its working very well so far. he didnt make that many weird subs, the media just called them that.

he beat real madrid and barcelona to the la liga title twice, something that no one has done since and something that looks very unlikely to happen for the near future. he is a world beater. Inter are going be so strong under him this season

Lucas? Nothing up with Lucas.. Rafa thought he was a good player, signed him. And lets face it, he is better than 2 seasons ago.

Also, Rafas transfer policy was forced into, Sell to buy when the yanks came in. So I think he did well in the transfer market to build a squad good enough to challenge for the prem, to get to Champions league finals, to win fa cups etc,

Sticking on the topic transfers, Jose Morinho signed Sheva for 30m and he did **** all :\

Rafas Subs were often confusing, But often worked.

He won something Jose didnt mange to win as Chelsea manager.

garcia.jpg

Your Welcome Lee. Yes, I am beginning to just ignore these doubters now. All the stick he got from the media, other managers. For example Zonal Marking, He got criticized every week for Zonal Marking,

Problem with that is, Man Marking never gets criticized. Rafa tried something new, And the media obviously picked up on it and never left it alone oO)

dont get me started on the zonal marking thing, this is where i lost all respect for shearer et al. they slammed him week in week out over it, while lauding the defensive strengths of united and chelsea. guess what? they also use zonal marking, especially chelsea. mugs

he was lucas who is turning into a very talented well rounded midfielder, essentially an intelligent box to box midfielder, and its working very well so far. he didnt make that many weird subs, the media just called them that.

he beat real madrid and barcelona to the la liga title twice, something that no one has done since and something that looks very unlikely to happen for the near future. he is a world beater. Inter are going be so strong under him this season

You are a credit to Football mate, Someone who can speak about a rival club and admit to stuff like this. You deserve a clap :)

Once again, 100% agree with you

Well, Thats your opinion, But he was one of the best tactitans in the world.

Oh, and he won a champions league on his first season with a much weaker Liverpool side. Beating a certain club along the way... Chelsea...

Look how close he came to winning the premiership. We had one of the best away records in the premiership 2008/2009. Beat utd 4-1, Beat Chelsea away as well. Something like first team to beat them in lots of days, I can't remember.

yer you stopped our unbeaten home record of 87 games.

dont get me started on the zonal marking thing, this is where i lost all respect for shearer et al. they slammed him week in week out over it, while lauding the defensive strengths of united and chelsea. guess what? they also use zonal marking, especially chelsea. mugs

Yes, They hated Rafa, and I think Rafa enjoyed the rivalry between himself, Fergie, Morinho and the media.

Some of his press conferences made me laugh alot.

YouTube- ‪Rafa Benitez and 27,000 People (Very Funny Interview)‬‎

YouTube- ‪Rafa on cricket‬‎

Here is one for you themadsheep2001
YouTube- ‪Rafa taking the **** of Sky LOL‬‎

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

yer you stopped our unbeaten home record of 87 games.

Wow and a manager who isn't world class, according to you, beat that record.

World class in my books

he was so underrated by this country it astounds me. if roy does half as well has rafa i bet there will be calls for him to be "sir roy". it speaks volumes that we are the only country out of the major lagues that dont consider him world class, where players like carrick are considered average here, but lauded by the likes of xavi and alonso

Problem with that is, Man Marking never gets criticized. Rafa tried something new, And the media obviously picked up on it and never left it alone
oO)

Excatly mate , I seen a quote the other week which was very true. Every time Liverpool conceded from a corner the commentators commented on how bad the marking was and how zonal doesnt work but every time everyone else conceded from a corner it was just and amazing cross and amazing movement and a good header.

Simple as, Rafa is one of the best managers in the world and could out tactic any one on his day but he didnt get the full backing from the board and had some bad luck but anyone who knows football knows hes world class. 2 champions league finals on the bounce with at the time not a world class side speaks for its self.

Also the fact hes gone to Inter who won a terrible last years speaks for itselfs. Goodluck Rafa ill also root for Inter now.

As an Arsenal fan, I'd like to say that I believe Rafa was, and still is, a brilliant manager. He made some strange subs, yeah, but most of thee time, they worked. He overachieved at Liverpool. The owners ****** Liverpool FC and Rafa over. They're the ones that need the criticism.

That conference where Benitez addresses Sky is pretty funny.

As an Arsenal fan, I'd like to say that I believe Rafa was, and still is, a brilliant manager. He made some strange subs, yeah, but most of thee time, they worked. He overachieved at Liverpool. The owners ****** Liverpool FC and Rafa over. They're the ones that need the criticism.

He didn't over achieve, For a man who beat Barca, Real to la liga titles, he was expected to come in and win trophies..

Excatly mate , I seen a quote the other week which was very true. Every time Liverpool conceded from a corner the commentators commented on how bad the marking was and how zonal doesnt work but every time everyone else conceded from a corner it was just and amazing cross and amazing movement and a good header.

Simple as, Rafa is one of the best managers in the world and could out tactic any one on his day but he didnt get the full backing from the board and had some bad luck but anyone who knows football knows hes world class. 2 champions league finals on the bounce with at the time not a world class side speaks for its self.

Also the fact hes gone to Inter who won a terrible last years speaks for itselfs. Goodluck Rafa ill also root for Inter now.

We will all be rooting for him at inter, Then he can come back to England and win the prem ;). Id love to see fergies face

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

That conference where Benitez addresses Sky is pretty funny.

He had a good Sense of humour. That's another thing I loved about him

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

well its not so much that they dont like him they just think hes a joke. But i don't but even then i get slammed like ****.

How do you know what Chelsea fans feel like, You don't even live in London.

Last edited by a moderator: