Rafa Benitez, Last Interview

Dont know why everyone hates zonal marking, chelsea, man city and a lot of other big teams use it, germany used it at the world cup, BBC need something to ***** about though.

He didn't over achieve, For a man who beat Barca, Real to la liga titles, he was expected to come in and win trophies

Jealousy is a terrible thing..

We will all be rooting for him at inter, Then he can come back to England and win the prem ;). Id love to see fergies face

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

He had a good Sense of humour. That's another thing I loved about him

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

How do you know what Chelsea fans feel like, You don't even live in London.

what just because i don't live in London means that i don't know any Chelsea fans or know whats going on??? and where was the jealousy in my post???

Gonna be a fairly long post, and probably old discussion once it's posted, but I'm going to give my two cents.

Rafa, like all managers, has his pros and cons. He's one of the greatest tacticians in the world; no doubt about it. As Madsheep said, what he acheived in La Liga was absolutely phenomenal, and nothing like that will happen in a long, long time. He's a world class tactician.

He motivated a team from 3-0 down, to go on and win the game. AC Milan were the far superior side, and the lads went out from half time, a completely different side. He did this after only knowing them for under a year. He's a world class motivator.

He's usually very good at drawing pressure away from his players. Apart from that rant, he's been actually very clever with his squad rotation system. That's put all the press' attention on to him, away from the players. And that can help dramtically, Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson are two greats at this. Lifting pressure off the players shoulders = giving them more confidence, really.

He dabbled into the transfer market, and was never given a huge budget. Heck, he got possibly the world's best striker for £20odd million. He's made numerous brilliant buys, and has made huge profit on Crouch, Alonso, Garcia, Kewell, Sissoko etc. the list can go on and on. He may have bought a few too many average players, but it you look at the profit he made off them, he didn't do too badly at all.

He's a world class manager in many, many aspects of football management. He got an average Liverpool squad of 2005 to the Champions League final and to win it. We had Djimi ******* Traore at left back, and he made us Champions of Europe. He also got us to the 2007 Champions League Final, showing that it wasn't a fluke. And yet again, the squad was no where near the likes of Chelsea, AC, Barca, Real et al.

Rafa at Inter is going to be a huge success.

And Joel, cheers for posting this. Defo going to have a listen.

your hate against one of the best managers in the world, It seems like you have no other excuse apart from Jealousy.

again adding your own little words their, where did i say i hated benitez???? basicly all i said is if he learned from his mistakes at pool then he could be a world beater where is the ******* hate in that????

again adding your own little words their, where did i say i hated benitez???? basicly all i said is if he learned from his mistakes at pool then he could be a world beater where is the ******* hate in that????

When you said, He isnt a world class manager. In my books he is. And in alot of other fans from other clubs he is.

Anyway, Go and support inter. They won the champions league

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Gonna be a fairly long post, and probably old discussion once it's posted, but I'm going to give my two cents.

Rafa, like all managers, has his pros and cons. He's one of the greatest tacticians in the world; no doubt about it. As Madsheep said, what he acheived in La Liga was absolutely phenomenal, and nothing like that will happen in a long, long time. He's a world class tactician.

He motivated a team from 3-0 down, to go on and win the game. AC Milan were the far superior side, and the lads went out from half time, a completely different side. He did this after only knowing them for under a year. He's a world class motivator.

He's usually very good at drawing pressure away from his players. Apart from that rant, he's been actually very clever with his squad rotation system. That's put all the press' attention on to him, away from the players. And that can help dramtically, Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson are two greats at this. Lifting pressure off the players shoulders = giving them more confidence, really.

He dabbled into the transfer market, and was never given a huge budget. Heck, he got possibly the world's best striker for £20odd million. He's made numerous brilliant buys, and has made huge profit on Crouch, Alonso, Garcia, Kewell, Sissoko etc. the list can go on and on. He may have bought a few too many average players, but it you look at the profit he made off them, he didn't do too badly at all.

He's a world class manager in many, many aspects of football management. He got an average Liverpool squad of 2005 to the Champions League final and to win it. We had Djimi ******* Traore at left back, and he made us Champions of Europe. He also got us to the 2007 Champions League Final, showing that it wasn't a fluke. And yet again, the squad was no where near the likes of Chelsea, AC, Barca, Real et al.

Rafa at Inter is going to be a huge success.

Well said, I knew there was real reds out there that knew he shouldn't of been sacked. Thanks for the post. Made me proud to be a red :)

And Joel, cheers for posting this. Defo going to have a listen.
[/QUOTE]

Your welcome mate

When you said, He isnt a world class manager. In my books he is. And in alot of other fans from other clubs he is.

Anyway, Go and support inter. They won the champions league

erm what??? just grow up little boy.

Dont know why everyone hates zonal marking, chelsea, man city and a lot of other big teams use it, germany used it at the world cup, BBC need something to ***** about though.

we had some problems with zonal marking last season but managed to adapt towards the end of the season a little bit. its just somthing for the media to pick out thats all.

Rafa did a lot better as a lot of people in England think. Not sure how anyone can say he isn't a world class manager, he won the league with a Valencia team which definitely wasn't the strongest in Spain and beat a Real Madrid team to La Liga. That Ream Madrid team included Casillas, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Zidane, Raul and loads more of the world's best players at the time. He did it with a decent Valencia side, but it was his tactics and team spirit which won him it.

He then came to Liverpool and won the Champions League within a year, with what was a pretty poor side, Traore, Biscan, Kewell, Baros etc. He then won the FA Cup and came very close to winning the league, he did a lot better at Liverpool than he should of and I hope he does well at Inter. His relationship with most fans was also special.

His reputation in Spain is massive, anyone you speak to over there about him say he is one of the best manager's in the world, it is only over here where anyone doubts his ability. Think about it, Inter wouldn't of appointed him if he wasn't world class.

Y.N.W.A Rafa.

Rafa did a lot better as a lot of people in England think. Not sure how anyone can say he isn't a world class manager, he won the league with a Valencia team which definitely wasn't the strongest in Spain and beat a Real Madrid team to La Liga. That Ream Madrid team included Casillas, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Zidane, Raul and loads more of the world's best players at the time. He did it with a decent Valencia side, but it was his tactics and team spirit which won him it.

He then came to Liverpool and won the Champions League within a year, with what was a pretty poor side, Traore, Biscan, Kewell, Baros etc. He then won the FA Cup and came very close to winning the league, he did a lot better at Liverpool than he should of and I hope he does well at Inter. His relationship with most fans was also special.

His reputation in Spain is massive, anyone you speak to over there about him say he is one of the best manager's in the world, it is only over here where anyone doubts his ability. Think about it, Inter wouldn't of appointed him if he wasn't world class.

Y.N.W.A Rafa.

Another, World Class post about a World Class guy

zonal marking tends to get criticised as when it goes wrong.. ie someone runs through and heads it in, the defending team all look like mugs just standing there still. When really its probably just as effective as man marking, Just when the same happens for man marking, the player who lost his man gets the blame for not being fast/tall enough, not the entire defence, or the tactics.

sigh. i go way to make a tactic and war ensues.

benitez is a world class manager, the evidence pointing towards that in terms of how he is rated by peers, and by his achievements is pretty **** conclusive, and hard to argue against. im getting tired of people coming to pick an argument and not having the facts to back it up.

back it up or shut up. this goes for any thread not just this one

anything that isnt about rafa from now is gonna get deleted and the person infracted.

infractions all round.thread closed for 15 minutes while everyone chills out and gets back on topic

thread re opened. still deleting the spam on here from both sides since it wont let me multi delete. god help you if you add more

Last edited:
infractions all round.thread closed for 15 minutes while everyone chills out and gets back on topic

thread re opened. still deleting the spam on here from both sides since it wont let me multi delete. god help you if you add more

Thanks sheep, sorry about the spam.

I also have another interview somewere with rafa and his wife. They speak about life in liverpool. Ill try and dig it up

I never understood why he had to leave. Last season wasn't entirely his fault, there were too many variables going on in the background. No offense to Roy, but I think we'd be better off this year with Rafa still in charge.

He's a great tactician, and IMO he's a lot better than a majority of the currently active managers. No wonder Inter snapped him up as quickly as that. He's a prize catch for any team, I believe. I just hope that maybe one day under different circumstances, that he'd return to take the club back to European glory.

Thanks sheep, sorry about the spam.

I also have another interview somewere with rafa and his wife. They speak about life in liverpool. Ill try and dig it up

That's the one where Montse talks about her watches isn't it? :D

(For those who don't know, Rafa buys her a watch every time he wins a trophy.)

Off Topic: was getting a bit confused wen I saw quotes being used that I hadnt read before

On Topic: Rafa was a great manager who did what no1 could do for years (beat Chelsea at home in league) and also did something that very few managers have ever done (would be interested in official stat) and that is win the champs league in your first season in charge. He has made great signings (Reina, Alonso, Torres) but also some bad signings (Babel, Keane) but there is no manager that never makes a bad signing. Overall I think he was a great manager for owners that didnt deserve him, they treated him like ****. I may be a Leeds fan but Liverpool are my fav prem team and I always go as them on FM. His last season was unfortunately his worst and caused by lack of investment. He spent his money on 2 players and wasnt given any to improve the team like it needed. Hopefully Roy will prove to be just as much a success.

That's the one where Montse talks about her watches isn't it? :D

(For those who don't know, Rafa buys her a watch every time he wins a trophy.)

Yes it is, Its really good.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Off Topic: was getting a bit confused wen I saw quotes being used that I hadnt read before

On Topic: Rafa was a great manager who did what no1 could do for years (beat Chelsea at home in league) and also did something that very few managers have ever done (would be interested in official stat) and that is win the champs league in your first season in charge. He has made great signings (Reina, Alonso, Torres) but also some bad signings (Babel, Keane) but there is no manager that never makes a bad signing. Overall I think he was a great manager for owners that didnt deserve him, they treated him like ****. I may be a Leeds fan but Liverpool are my fav prem team and I always go as them on FM. His last season was unfortunately his worst and caused by lack of investment. He spent his money on 2 players and wasnt given any to improve the team like it needed. Hopefully Roy will prove to be just as much a success.

He was a great man and did some great stuff

Keane- Rafa did NOT sign Robbie Keane, Rick parry did.

****, dont reply to the very early messages since they are from when the thread got spammed, and im not going down that route again