Well as i always loved playing from through the middle and all the tactics i create for myself are of this type i will try yours.by the way until now in fm10 i was playing though the middle with my tactics and when wider approach/ attack needed with yours(tweaked naturaly).But may i, as an already expeienced user of narrow tactics ask a silly question?If the oposition is already trying to open you wide is the best possible way to defend showing onto weeker feet?My best countering is the oposite-seting wide players OI to $always close down$ and hard tackling.This forces the oposition to work through the middle, where you hopefully already have enough players.

Been using your 442 for a long time(still my most used tactic), switched it out to this on my roma save.
Took around 5-6 games for the players to start playing quite how they used too but it's been going pretty solid so far.

Lost two games out of nineteen against Inter and Napoli, first in the league by 2 points and have a goal difference of +32 <)
classic, Napoli are about 5 points ahead in mid Jan on this Porto save with Inter in 2nd :) thats not bad at all bud! nice goal difference too! wow!

I checked last night, I did not lose to Benfica as I mentioned earlier, I came back from 2:0 down to draw 2:2...

Unbeaten since the 7th August (which is the entire season so far plus in Europe) its now 19th January 2011...

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Well as i always loved playing from through the middle and all the tactics i create for myself are of this type i will try yours.by the way until now in fm10 i was playing though the middle with my tactics and when wider approach/ attack needed with yours(tweaked naturaly).But may i, as an already expeienced user of narrow tactics ask a silly question?If the oposition is already trying to open you wide is the best possible way to defend showing onto weeker feet?My best countering is the oposite-seting wide players OI to $always close down$ and hard tackling.This forces the oposition to work through the middle, where you hopefully already have enough players.

yes if they are playing with wingers, you want them to be pushed into the field to bottle neck their attacks.

I do that to, its explained in the OP mate, all attacking players need to be hard tackled and closed down.. :)

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

raikan do you think this will work with barcelona mate
yes I do actually, very, very well! I have never ever played with Barca, but with Messi in the centre there, Villa and someone like Cavani upfront, Xavi, Iniesta and Mascherano in the centre would be fantastic!

give it a go, let me know how it works out

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Hulk has scored 36 goals in 21 appearances so far, Falcao is about 14 gls in 23 games and Orozco is 9 gls in 10 games with around 8 assists! Ruben Micael 23 assists in 22 games, 3 goals :) will post SS on Monday, going away on holiday for the weekend!

Another solid and well balanced tactic from you, congratulations. I decided to load up a new save, with Blackpool ( 11.3 db in the prem,, no signings) and results came back really good, being 11th after 17 matches. As with every solid tactic, its possible to tweak it into a more cautious appraoch and this is what I did. I yet again started up a save and this time, we place ourselves 6th after 15 matches, using the more cautious but not less aggressive approach in all away matches and home to the big 2 that I have met at home.
( will not upload the tweak, my point was that its a solid tactic and it can be tweaked to suit the current circumstances)
So once again, good work

congratulations, thats quite a feat with Blackpool :) I find the team plays better when I set the strategy to Defensive (which I did mention in the OP as well) more control, possession and time on the ball :)

thanks for the feedback chap! glad you like it :)

congratulations, thats quite a feat with Blackpool :) I find the team plays better when I set the strategy to Defensive (which I did mention in the OP as well) more control, possession and time on the ball :)

thanks for the feedback chap! glad you like it :)

That's more or less what I did actually. I just fixated the press system so its the same as in control, changed the strategy and asked some players to hold up the ball instead of making t-balls. I did try( using Arsenal) using just the Defensive strategy without any further tweaks and it worked great but when using a **** one, you need to play more aggressive, hence using the Control pressing system

Last edited:
touchline shouts I use is "retain possession" and "pass to feet"

also a good idea to add that on as player tweaks, this is what I always try and say to the members, you have to take certain tactics and mould/tweak them to your team's strengths etc :)

this would actually be a very good tactic for Arsenal! Nasri or Arshavin in the Amc position with Fabregas, Song and Diaby/Wilshere in the centre :)

what I can also suggest is "passing into space" if playing against a slow back 4 (mainly Cb's) and your Str striker has pace like Hulk or Van Persie etc...

Although new to this forum, I'm quite a FM vet. Since CM 93/94 to be exact lol. This will be my first tactic that I've ever downloaded, however I'm struggling with Feyenoord at the moment so am going to give this a try. Will let you know any results.

Hey there,

looking forward to trying the tactic over a season with my Sporting CP side.

I want to ask however, is changing the philosophy from Balanced to Fluid suitable even for matches against big sides ???
or it could back-fire ?

Hi im currently napoli and wondering if a tweak to any of my strikers would help with their goalscoring as they only have around 5 in 16/16 goals each. im playing cavani in left cf position and lavezzi in the right

Hi im currently napoli and wondering if a tweak to any of my strikers would help with their goalscoring as they only have around 5 in 16/16 goals each. im playing cavani in left cf position and lavezzi in the right
Thats very strange, this tactic would be perfect for these two strikers :) put Cavani on Complete Forward - Attack and have Lavezzi as a Poacher and tone down the long shots...

Hey there,
looking forward to trying the tactic over a season with my Sporting CP side.
I want to ask however, is changing the philosophy from Balanced to Fluid suitable even for matches against big sides ???
or it could back-fire ?

are you going to play Fernandez in the centre? you can change it whenever you want mate, it may have a negative effect if you change it after using it once or twice and taking on Porto or some big team in the ECL...

are you going to play Fernandez in the centre? you can change it whenever you want mate, it may have a negative effect if you change it after using it once or twice and taking on Porto or some big team in the ECL...

Yes, Fernandez in the centre...he is already impressing there !
The only problem seems to be the Poacher position, as Djalo can really shoot straight !!! grrrrrrrr

give him time, he will start slotting them home :)

post your results here, hope it works out

Does this tactic suit the Inter Milan team? How would you line up your best eleven?

i am just starting with southampton and just wanted to ask if this tactic would work for them?

hi Raikan I'm a big fan of 4-3-1-2 as it allows me to play with a pure n.10 behind the strikers, and I've had good success with my own tactic which is quite similar to this one.

only thing I don't like about this formation, is when the opposition's GK distributes the ball to the fullbacks (from goal kick or open play) as nobody would close them down fast enough and they have so much time to build up the play.

what would you suggest to counter that?

What role is your amc?
Attacking Mid - Attack, I had him as Inside Forward which worked well too! however I had to sub my player for a more central mid type of player and attacking mid seemed to work well with both of them :)

i am just starting with southampton and just wanted to ask if this tactic would work for them?
I am not sure on the players/squad for Southampton, if you have a good Amc I dont see why not? this would be better for Southampton instead:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ng/65421-raikan007s-perfect-4-3-3-tactic.html

Does this tactic suit the Inter Milan team? How would you line up your best eleven?
yes most definately :) Coutinho or Snjeider in the centre Amc! perfect!

-------------Julio Cesar---------------
Maicon---Lucio---Samuel---Chivu
---Snjeider--Cambiasso--Motta-
-------Coutinho/Snjeider------
---------Eto'o-----Malito--------

hi Raikan I'm a big fan of 4-3-1-2 as it allows me to play with a pure n.10 behind the strikers, and I've had good success with my own tactic which is quite similar to this one.

only thing I don't like about this formation, is when the opposition's GK distributes the ball to the fullbacks (from goal kick or open play) as nobody would close them down fast enough and they have so much time to build up the play.

what would you suggest to counter that?
you can set the strikers to close down more

touchline shouts I use is "retain possession" and "pass to feet"

also a good idea to add that on as player tweaks, this is what I always try and say to the members, you have to take certain tactics and mould/tweak them to your team's strengths etc :)

this would actually be a very good tactic for Arsenal! Nasri or Arshavin in the Amc position with Fabregas, Song and Diaby/Wilshere in the centre :)

what I can also suggest is "passing into space" if playing against a slow back 4 (mainly Cb's) and your Str striker has pace like Hulk or Van Persie etc...

Raikan what striker would you recommend playing with Van Persie. I am going to play Van Persie has the advance forward in the formation and need a good complete forward.

if you have the cash get Falcao - Porto or get Vagner Love - CSKA and play RVP as the Complete Forward :)