Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day all, this is the latest tactic I have created, different to my usual ones though!
I started a game with Porto as I enjoyed playing with them on Fifa as well as respect what AVB did with them this past season, trying to replicate it :)

It is a possession, short passing, narrow controlling tactic that makes use of the AMC position quite a bit for creating and scoring goals!

updated with the newer tactic which contains the Dm

View attachment 183814

Formation Screen:

View attachment 183821View attachment 183822View attachment 183823

Normal defence, nothing special, a few tweaks have been made to the Cb's and Fb's. Fb's cross alot to get some width and push forward to offer support out wide on attacks but quickly get back and snuff out attacks!

Cmc is the defensive/ball winner, the other two are the creative playmakers.
Amc should be quick, strong and creative i.e: Pastore, Rodriguez, Aguero etc

Strong Complete Forward for Stl and a quick, agile Poacher/Advanced Forward for the Str position.

Touchline Shouts:

• Retain possession
  • Exploit the middle (when at home)
  • Pass into feet
  • work ball into box

Opposition Instructions:
Ask Assistant Manager, I suggest showing all their Attacking players to their weaker foots and closing down their main playmaker as well as hard tackling on their quicker strikers and wingers :)

Match Results:
View attachment 183839
View attachment 183831View attachment 183832View attachment 183833View attachment 183834View attachment 183835View attachment 183836View attachment 183837View attachment 183838View attachment 183830View attachment 183829View attachment 183828

Player Screenshots:

View attachment 183824View attachment 183825View attachment 183826View attachment 183827

Suggested players:

Goalkeeper:
Good old fashioned Keeper (Maarten Stekelenburg, Renan, Cech)

Full Backs:
Good on defense and positioning, high work rate, good marking, plus: decent at running with ball and passing/crossing (Andreas Beck, Schwaab, Fucile)

Centrebacks:
Both tall and strong, composed and determined, plus: Pacey and good anticipation (Otamendi, Bruno Alves, Jones)

Centre Mids Right and Left:
Creative playmaker, good at passing and controlling the game
(Moutinho, Henriksen, Carrick)

Centre Mid Centre:
Work horse Midfielder, stamina, tackling, marking, passing, concentration, fitness, strength and heading ability a bonus
(Palacios, Fernando, Airton, Mariga)

Attacking Centre Mid:
Quick, agile, creative, good at passing, dribbling & shooting from distance
(Pastore, Rodriguez, Renato Augusto)
Strikers:
Left: Complete forward, strong, stamina, good at finishing and holding up the ball
(Falcao, Fred, Drogba)
Right: Quick agile, good at dribbling, passing, crossing, shooting and finishing
(Hulk, Mounir El Hamdoui, Suarez)

Match Prep:

team blend until most are fluid then either attacking or defensive movement/positioning

Extra Notes:

• Once tactic has become fluid in mostly every department, you can change the philosophy to Fluid
  • Setting strategy to Defensive works extremely well. More possession and due to the PI's and roles, you still create just as many chances, useful against bigger teams and away from home
  • You have to tweak this tactic to fit your players, Zigic in the Str role above and expect him to perform! you have to edit to your players strengths...

Updated:

Tactic pack with both new tactics, the original tactic with the Amc and the latest tactic with the Dm available in a RAR file

Good luck and I hope it works for you, please feel free to post comments :)
Neil

Last edited:
Another great article, will download and have a go when i'm home! :D

Looks awesome Raikan well give this a try for sure. Really like how you explained it all in your OP very clear and concise thanks.

looks good bro. will give it a shot with newcastle united

good luck mate :) let us know how it goes, just remember, give the tactic at least 10-25 games

Raikon how would this tactic hold up against teams that play with wingers. Would your fullbacks get exposed trying to mark the winger and also maybe the oppositions full back. It looks like you could dominate the central midfield. Could I also ask what roles you give to your Full Backs, Central Defenders and Midfielders

wingers barely even feature in the game, just played away against Getafe with Albin (who is a good winger) and beat them 2:0, he barely even showed... :)

they have yet to be exposed, against United or Real they probably will however, yet to test it vs teams like that...

Fb - Automatic
Cb - Central Defender - Defend & Cover
Cm - Central - Ball Winner
Cm - Right - Cm - Support
Cm - Left - Adv Playmaker

Hey Raikan, check your private inbox please.

Looking to create a 4-2-4 or 4-2-3-1.

However im looking at your 4-3-1-2 tactic ( actually one of my favourite formations btw) now and thinking whether i can somehow use it as the basis of a 4-1-3-2 tactic. Its risky but its very similar to how madrid play atm. Xabi Alonso pretty much holds the midfield on his own. Ozil plays wide right, di mari wide left and diarra almost appears to be playing an amc role when defending. In attack ozil drifts into the amc role, diarra drops back in line with alonso and ronaldo plays as a wide right striker/ attacking mid with higuain ( when fit) upfront. Its very clever!

This tactic is working well for me, I wonder why it doesn't have much views and comments like other tactics lol.

I've been thinking about creating a tactic just like this, the last couple of days. I will use this as inspiration

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Never had a good tactic for a amc.

good luck mate ;)

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

has anyone tried it out yet? any updates?

Hows everyone getting on with this tactic? For me it looks like the perfect away game or underdog tactic. Dominating midfield and very solid but i prefer more attacking formations for home games with wingers.

Ligra Sagres: 1st by 12 points already

Played: 14 games
Scored: 49 goals
Conceded: 10 goals

Europa League: 1st

Played: 6 games
Scored: 18 goals
Conceded: 4 goals

Edit: I drew with Benfica 2:2, unbeaten since 7th August 2010, it's now 19th January 2011, unbeaten in Europe as well! unbeaten season so far...

Last edited:
raikan do you think this will work with barcelona mate

Any tactic works with Barcelona, you can just do a rough tactic using only the tactics creator roles and you will propably win every competition there is.

Been using your 442 for a long time(still my most used tactic), switched it out to this on my roma save.
Took around 5-6 games for the players to start playing quite how they used too but it's been going pretty solid so far.

Lost two games out of nineteen against Inter and Napoli, first in the league by 2 points and have a goal difference of +32 <)