Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Hey Raikan007, i've recently downloaded some additional leagues and become manager of a team in a very low league (Grimsby Borough). Should I use a direct style of play for the lower leagues or can a possession game be used with such a poor standard of players? If you recommend a direct style are there any tactics already made i could use?

hey bud, a more direct type of game is better as they are not technically gifted and poor mental attributes will make it difficult to get the desired results, however, it could work for the first half tiring the opp out by making them run all overt he pitch then implementing a quick attacking tactic to get the lead etc :)

You want to keep your players fit, that is one of the main challenges.. but also win, I would do what I mentioned above if I was playing lower leagues :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...mplete-madness-tactic-433-dm.html#post1523750

that is a good attacking tactic that will mostly guarantee goals :)

Have you ever had success with a defensive pairing of a central defender and a sweeper? Or does the match engine not support this properly? (I've so far only had success with two central defenders in front of a sweeper)

hey mate, i appreciate the help but i kinda wanted to make my own tactic not just download other people's tactics. hope you can help.

sure mate I do, thats why I said look at the above post one page back that has info on counter attacking settings ;)

Have you ever had success with a defensive pairing of a central defender and a sweeper? Or does the match engine not support this properly? (I've so far only had success with two central defenders in front of a sweeper)

you mean 1 cb and 1 sweeper? or 2 cb then a sweeper behind?

1) only used a sweeper/libeiro once for fun, it is here: there are 3 tactics in the pack, not finished at all, but was working pretty well for my Tottenham save!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...7s-new-tactic-pack-testers-wanted-please.html

sure mate I do, thats why I said look at the above post one page back that has info on counter attacking settings ;)
i did look at the team instructions and it did help, but i asked if you could help generalize the PI for me? (i use a 4-3-3 with 2 cm's and an amc)

i did look at the team instructions and it did help, but i asked if you could help generalize the PI for me? (i use a 4-3-3 with 2 cm's and an amc)

are you playing narrow IF"s cutting in for hug touchline crossing in?? Counter attacking is better suited to a 442 or a 433 with a DM :) but Amc could work too if he is quick like Eriksen/Pastore etc.. not like Totti ::

are you playing wide/narrow?

are you playing narrow IF"s cutting in for hug touchline crossing in?? Counter attacking is better suited to a 442 or a 433 with a DM :) but Amc could work too if he is quick like Eriksen/Pastore etc.. not like Totti ::

are you playing wide/narrow?

my TI and tactic View attachment 260686

my IF's are set to move into channels and as you can see my amc is ozil and he's pretty fast. now that you have all this info, i hope you can give some advice about the PI

Hi Raikan, just wanted to say thanks for all the information and help you've posted all over this board! I've tried many of your tactics and they are great! Most of the tactics I use started out as yours, and then partly changed to fit my teams situation. Been lurking for awhile, but signed up recently, just thought I'd drop by and say thanks!

Hi Raikan, just wanted to say thanks for all the information and help you've posted all over this board! I've tried many of your tactics and they are great! Most of the tactics I use started out as yours, and then partly changed to fit my teams situation. Been lurking for awhile, but signed up recently, just thought I'd drop by and say thanks!
glad to help mate :) give me a shout if you need anything!

my TI and tactic

my IF's are set to move into channels and as you can see my amc is ozil and he's pretty fast. now that you have all this info, i hope you can give some advice about the PI

play attacking, dont play so deep, play a little higher up! about 3 notches above halfway..

For Ronaldo, I would give him more freedom and long shots sometimes :)

View attachment 260868

Hey Raikan, I vaguely remember you saying you were using AMC again.

Did you make any changes for 12.2.2?

Hey Raikan, I vaguely remember you saying you were using AMC again.

Did you make any changes for 12.2.2?

I think so mate :) not many at all though. I always just reload up the original and it works ;)

Raikan,

I've got a few questions you might be able to help me with.

I'm playing with 2 strikers and an amc behind them, the right striker is my target man, ive set the supply to run onto ball, and set his instructions to run from deep often, run with ball often.

My question is..how should my left striker be set up to be a support striker, obviously i have him set to try through balls often as does the amc.
I'm thinking the left striker should be a bit deeper than then target man but how much?
They are both set to 17clicks of mentality.

I've got my defence really solid just lacking goals, this could well be because of how my CM's are set up but that's another question altogether and I dare not tinker with anything below the amc as like I said my defence is near water tight.

The formation is 4-3-1-2 narrow-defensive line normal 3 clicks below push up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Raikan,

I've got a few questions you might be able to help me with.

I'm playing with 2 strikers and an amc behind them, the right striker is my target man, ive set the supply to run onto ball, and set his instructions to run from deep often, run with ball often.

My question is..how should my left striker be set up to be a support striker, obviously i have him set to try through balls often as does the amc.
I'm thinking the left striker should be a bit deeper than then target man but how much?
They are both set to 17clicks of mentality.

I've got my defence really solid just lacking goals, this could well be because of how my CM's are set up but that's another question altogether and I dare not tinker with anything below the amc as like I said my defence is near water tight.

The formation is 4-3-1-2 narrow-defensive line normal 3 clicks below push up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

1) that is already wrong use of the TM there mate! Ask for supply to to FEET and set his through balls to often! Never run with ball and run from deep sometimes!

the TM should be the support strikers, unless he is your poacher and you have made him the TM by selecting him.. big difference, which one is it?

if the you have only "selected" him as the TM through team instructions and his role is poacher/adv forward then use a DLF or TM as the support striker and do what I mentioned above...

the AMC needs to be the most effective position/player out of the entire squad.. I suggest looking at my Awesome Amc tactic for suggestions/idea's on the setttings for the Amc and also the CM"s (Carrick role's)

good luck

Cheers,

I will check out your amc tactic tonight, take what you've said on board and make some adjustments.

I originally had my TM as my left striker supply ball to feet, dropping deep. (thru balls often, run from deep and run with ball sometimes).
The idea was that he would come deep around halfway line ( maybe a bit too deep?? ) receive the ball to feet and drag out the opposing CB creating space for my right side striker or amc to move into.
Now to me that sounds feasible but the problem I'm having his that no CBs seem interested in tracking my deep striker, who then runs down the wing making it near impossible to find his strike partner, same for my right striker he seems to want to go wide when running with the ball, both have wide play normal-roam no.
When my amc gets the ball, is there a way of keeping them or one of them more central ready to break the offside trap?
Im guessing they go wide as I have no wingers?

Steve

Last edited:
Cheers,

I will check out your amc tactic tonight, take what you've said on board and make some adjustments.

I originally had my TM as my left striker supply ball to feet, dropping deep. (thru balls often, run from deep and run with ball sometimes).
The idea was that he would come deep around halfway line ( maybe a bit too deep?? ) receive the ball to feet and drag out the opposing CB creating space for my right side striker or amc to move into.
Now to me that sounds feasible but the problem I'm having his that no CBs seem interested in tracking my deep striker, who then runs down the wing making it near impossible to find his strike partner, same for my right striker he seems to want to go wide when running with the ball, both have wide play normal-roam no.
When my amc gets the ball, is there a way of keeping them or one of them more central ready to break the offside trap?
Im guessing they go wide as I have no wingers?

Steve

setting the AMC to cross from Byline will encourage him to get into the box! PPM's like Arrives late etc are also a good idea, the reason you are having this problem is because you are using two players to occupy the same space (TM dropping deep and the AMC) the AMC needs to do what you want the TM striker to do..

have the two strikers set as CF/Adv/Poachers and have them run from deep/run with ball often, through balls/cross sometimes from byline, moving into channels and swapping positions :)

Have the AMC play through balls into them and use the idea of what you had for the TM for the AMC! that is what the AMC is there for :) drop deeps and links up play between the midfield and the strikers :)

this is if you are playing narrow with no wingers of course or only 3 at the back.

-------------------st-------st-----------------
----------------------amc--------------------
-------------cm------cm---------cm---------
lb----------------cb------cb----------------rb
-----------------------gk---------------------

Sorry didn't read that properly... I initially had my RST as TM selected him as TM in set pieces, run onto ball but was struggling with getting him any decent service, as he was either running wide with/without the ball. Or picking up too deep and running into CB's.
So I changed TM to the left striker dropping deeper ball to feet, but he also mainly runs wide left usually into the corner getting tackled.

But like I said I will check out your amc tactic tonight.

Steve